Home

Best Buy demo

This is a discussion on Best Buy demo within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

LoganSf's Arena

OVR: 2
Best Buy demo

I remember when the game first launched and people were complaining that the game looked terrible on their Widescreen LCD TVs, and yet I was playing it on my 21" phillips from 2004 and it looked pretty crisp and was wondering what people were smoking. However, I was just at Best Buy because i am planning on upgrading the TV in my room and i noticed they had a demo of the game hooked up to a sony lcd, and it looked like complete ****. I am scared now that if i hook up a new TV it will look like doo-doo. What should I do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Get the tv. Game is beautiful on my 60".
Old 08-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Best Buy demo

You have to take into account the optimal viewing distance. The bigger the TV the further away it will be.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
Rookie

LoganSf's Arena

OVR: 2

I was seated pretty far from the TV and it had like jagged lines and everything else that people were describing when the game first came out, it looked horrible. Maybe they didn't use the HD cables? It was a 720p TV so I don't think an HDMI cable would have made a difference
Old 08-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I've played NCAA '12 on my 4 years old 50-60" plasma and (mostly) on my 40ish" LED and it's beautiful on both. They're both at least 240MHz which definitely helps.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganSf
I remember when the game first launched and people were complaining that the game looked terrible on their Widescreen LCD TVs, and yet I was playing it on my 21" phillips from 2004 and it looked pretty crisp and was wondering what people were smoking. However, I was just at Best Buy because i am planning on upgrading the TV in my room and i noticed they had a demo of the game hooked up to a sony lcd, and it looked like complete ****. I am scared now that if i hook up a new TV it will look like doo-doo. What should I do?
My buddy just bought a new LCD TV and NCAA looks terrible on it, even with the HDMI hookup, Jaggies all over the place. We spent several hours trying to fine tune the settings but just were unsuccessful getting NCAA 12 to look right on it. 11 looked horrible as well but not as bad as 12.

The game looks super crisp on my own TV because it is a plasma screen. The XBox just looks much better on the plasma screen in my opinion.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
My buddy just bought a new LCD TV and NCAA looks terrible on it, even with the HDMI hookup, Jaggies all over the place. We spent several hours trying to fine tune the settings but just were unsuccessful getting NCAA 12 to look right on it. 11 looked horrible as well but not as bad as 12.

The game looks super crisp on my own TV because it is a plasma screen. The XBox just looks much better on the plasma screen in my opinion.
Take this for what it is... I was at Best Buy just before the game came out, looking at buying a new, 42-inch TV. The guy asked me if I do any gaming? I said, Yes. He then said, 'Well, you'll want to avoid Plasma then, because if you stay on a particular screen too long, it can burn the image into the screen and once that happens, it's always there.'

Can anyone confirm that? It sounded rather odd to me, but then again, I'm no television expert. But now, I am hearing that the game looks great on Plasma and not on others.

Color me confused!?!?!?!

Old 08-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Take this for what it is... I was at Best Buy just before the game came out, looking at buying a new, 42-inch TV. The guy asked me if I do any gaming? I said, Yes. He then said, 'Well, you'll want to avoid Plasma then, because if you stay on a particular screen too long, it can burn the image into the screen and once that happens, it's always there.'

Can anyone confirm that? It sounded rather odd to me, but then again, I'm no television expert. But now, I am hearing that the game looks great on Plasma and not on others.

Color me confused!?!?!?!
It is true to an extent. (ie 1 image for several days constantly).

That said, I have a plasma and have left the TV on accidently for over a day on the loading screen and its fine now. There was a slight ghost on black screens for about 2 min after I came back, but just watching normal TV got rid of that. Most modern plasmas don't have burn in issue unless its really extreme.

As for playing a game, even with the constant scoreboard, I have never had a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello1717
I've played NCAA '12 on my 4 years old 50-60" plasma and (mostly) on my 40ish" LED and it's beautiful on both. They're both at least 240MHz which definitely helps.
lol thats some tv!

Also, for those looking at TVs, remember Plasma refresh rate =/= LCD refresh rate

Last edited by aerovt; 08-29-2011 at 07:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »