Home

Isn't it about time recruiting get's overhauled?

This is a discussion on Isn't it about time recruiting get's overhauled? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Isn't it about time recruiting get's overhauled?

I've been playing NCAA football since it's inception. I love the game and I do look forward to when it is released every year. I finally think it's time they re-tool the recruiting in this game. I feel it's been the same for a very long time. Sure they tweak it here or there each year but over all it's the same. This year they added the randomness to pitching with puts more of a luck based aspect to pitching which to me is bleh. I can't sit here and list what they should do but would be nice if they over-hauled it made it more dynamic and not just based on team prestiege and how many hours you spend pitching. What do you all think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Isn't it about time recruiting get's overhauled?

I agree. This current style of recruiting is so repetitive and time consuming. On the last gen games you would only really heavily recruit for 5 weeks. This gen you are trying to manage a recruiting board of 35 players for almost 20 recruiting weeks. For me, it takes all the fun out of dynasty mode.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFSSS
I agree. This current style of recruiting is so repetitive and time consuming. On the last gen games you would only really heavily recruit for 5 weeks. This gen you are trying to manage a recruiting board of 35 players for almost 20 recruiting weeks. For me, it takes all the fun out of dynasty mode.
Why r u recruiting 35 ppl at once?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I really enjoyed the recruiting when you assigned a HC, AC, phonecall and after that it would reveal a few tidbits about the recruit such as...
The kid is stronger than our records indicate or...
His arm isn't as strong as we thought

Really added a layer of depth to the recruiting. Now you see the ratings and call.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
Pro

OpusX910's Arena

OVR: 7

Agreed, I despise this recruiting...I liked last gen's recruiting, but wanted more depth. Current recruiting, doesn't add more depth...just makes it boring, stale, and way too time consuming
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #6
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't mind the recruiting style. I think you have to base it on need rather than overall # of recruits. If you're trying to recruit your entire recruiting board...good luck. I usually fill my board, but I target my top 10 recruits and if I get 5-8, I'm satisfied.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Copy College Hoops 2k8. Most addicting recruiting ever.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Copy College Hoops 2k8. Most addicting recruiting ever.
Agreed.

The one other change I would make would be to add more variability to the overall rating of recruits. Just because you get a 5 star player doesn't mean he's going to be a great. A lot of 5 star players don't even make it to the NFL. At the other end of the spectrum there should be 1 star players that turn out to be great, ya know a diamond in the rough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »