Home

horrible online experience

This is a discussion on horrible online experience within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
horrible online experience

I hop on my ps3 this morning when i get off work hoping to get a quick game, and i end up having one of the worst online experiences of my life.

I get matched up with this guy lXl-THRILLER-lXl he's south carolina and im penn state. in the match up screen he's on his headset saying things like "hey no cheese, no no huddle, no running with your qb, etc.." then he says "if you cheese i'm just gonna use the disconnect glitch"
Even though i was worried if i would get the lead that he might disconnect if he was a sore loser I was jumping at the opportunity to play a non cheeser after having had to play a game against a guy who ran nothing but maryland i the night before.
I get the ball get a few first downs and then punt. He gets it, goes 3 and out and then tries the fake punt run on 4th down from his own twenty on 4th and 4. I stuff it, and he says "that was dumb of me, i knew i should have punted, good stuff". I let him going for it slide. He gets the ball back and then runs two plays in a row out of the power i (2 fbs and a hb) I pause it and type him a message saying "hey i thought we werent cheesing". He gets on his mic and starts ranting how this isnt cheesing that he is just running the ball.
I try to send him a message saying that formation is pretty widely considered cheese but dont have time because he keeps trying to start the game asap whenever i pause it to type a message.
He ends up going up 14-0 running at least half his plays out of power I. I score with a minute to go before the half to make it 14-7. I went 5 wide from the 20, he blitzed me and i fled the pocket straight up the middle and scored. ONLY time i ran with the qb the whole game and he starts ranting how since i ran with the qb i cheesed and that he's going to start doing every trick he knows.
His ball now and I sack him, scoop and score. 14 all. He starts ranting about nano-blitzing. I dont even know what a nano blitz is or how to do it. 3rd quarter his ball 3rd and 2 from his 30 or so. he has 3 wideouts a te and a hb in his formation. I called a nickel cover 3. I switched the weak side lb to blitz and then did the "show blitz" adjustment to protect against the run, my lb sacked him while my other guys dropped into coverage like i wanted. he fumbled i scooped and scored again. Again he's complaining about nano blitzing. and threatening to do every glitch he knew.
I got fed up and friendly quit.

Is what i did nano blitzing? I honestly don't know what it is or how to do it. I didnt have agressive for any of the settings even though it was pretty obvious he had it for jump snap, and big hits. So i was pretty happy when he was fumbling all the time.

Anyway I recommend avoiding that guy like the plague
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
Rookie

BuffaloBull7's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: horrible online experience

I dont think it was, Alot of people use exploits in the game to win. I just played this guy yesterday and he found a route that make your zone play stupid and continued to run it. Its rediculous to find these play unwilling to run plays and set up offense. They just want ot find anyway to cheese and score. Well I'm also on the PS3 as well if you want to get a game sometime, My PSN is KC_Classic7807. I'm a level 13 and I am 58-41, No cheese play, just straight football. I'm not unstopple or anything, I just play off of what other people, Also does matter to me what team I use, I will always match you.
WON'T BE BEAT
Old 08-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

you up for a game now? my psn is bagel76. im somewhere between level 10 and 12 i think record is 66-66 17% dnf Most of which comes from playing guys who did nothing but maryland I
Old 08-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Think I'm 46-12 online level 18, but I haven't played an online ranked game in probably a week now. It's just too frustrating playing all the top ranked cheesers. However I'm getting the itch and wanting to play someone other than the limited games in ODs. No I don't cheese, I use 12-15 formations in any game, and I'll play with anyone. Psn: nick_fairley
Old 08-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Why friendly quit? The point is to WIN. You should have made him quit. Never back down to anybody. I made the number one player in the game quit last year. Play to win.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsontideuA
Why friendly quit? The point is to WIN. You should have made him quit. Never back down to anybody. I made the number one player in the game quit last year. Play to win.
Because it's just not worth it. However I agree with you in one aspect; I would've made him quit in the first quarter if he got on his mic and started that crap. I would mute my television, and dominate.

On a related note, is there any possible way to mute the mic?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Although I haven't played against a hardcore "cheeser" thus far, I did play against a guy who did nothing but screen passes and user strips. It frustrated me, but I took the "L" because it was an Online Dynasty game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »