Home

Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defensiv

This is a discussion on Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defensiv within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defensiv

Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defensive ends. Looking at my franchise stats it is evidenced by Jason Jones leading the league in sacks with 18. I believe in one game a top DT sacked me five times and don’t remember a game with a DE getting more than two. Ends tend to get the QB if they run outside of the pocket but the tackles collapse the pocket. Simulations favor the ends as they should in sacks.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/08/26...al-impressions

SUCKS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defe

I've been watching with caution through the development cycle, hoping this would be fixed. Not ready to throw the towel in until I get a hold of the game, but it's sounding like the same old issue to me.

This is why I think the "jump the snap" feature should make a return, because for whatever reason, they have never been able to program the ends -- especially the right ends, to work free and get a sack after his first move. If the first move doesn't work, more times than not the DEs and OTs just get into a hand fighting duel, and they don't seem to fire off the ball with any extra fervor when I use the "pass" line adjustment vs. NCAA where the line tries to get off on the ball. At least with jump the snap, there's a chance for a defensive end to get a quick win animation and shed the offensive tackle.

Edit: speaking from an All-Madden POV.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defe

I have been racking up sacks with Mario and Watt, no problem here with DT sacks. It was a problem on NCAA though. With the 4-2-5 defense.

TCU Class of 2014!

NCAA --- TCU Horned Frogs & Texas A&M Aggies
NFL --- Houston Texans
MLB --- Texas Rangers
NHL --- Dallas Stars
NBA --- Dallas Mavericks
Old 08-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

So basically the same problem that is in NCAA 12 is in Madden 12. DE's don't generate a pass rush. Instead the DT's generates all the pass rush. That is backwards.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX
I have been racking up sacks with Mario and Watt, no problem here with DT sacks. It was a problem on NCAA though. With the 4-2-5 defense.
What level are you playing on, and are you user controlling them, if you don't mind my asking?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #6
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
So basically the same problem that is in NCAA 12 is in Madden 12. DE's don't generate a pass rush. Instead the DT's generates all the pass rush. That is backwards.
I haven't had that problem. Most of my pressure has come from the outside thus far and with the slider cranked up, it comes from everywhere nonstop...lol. Also, user controlled rush is much better regardless of where you are trying to bring it from IMO (All Pro difficulty-messing around with various pass rush settings for both me and AI).
Old 08-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
What level are you playing on, and are you user controlling them, if you don't mind my asking?
I'm playing on all-pro, and this is my fifth game so far. I always control the linebacker, so no I am not. For what it is worth, the Texans do have some crap defensive tackles though. Haha!

TCU Class of 2014!

NCAA --- TCU Horned Frogs & Texas A&M Aggies
NFL --- Houston Texans
MLB --- Texas Rangers
NHL --- Dallas Stars
NBA --- Dallas Mavericks
Old 08-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

This has definitely been a problem for me in my NCAA 12 Coach Mode dynasty. My DTs are usually among the league leaders in sacks because: they are typically the only ones with a successful pass rush, and they each get about one sack a game just from busted screen plays. It really makes me not even care to recruit pass rushing DEs, since they won't have much of an impact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »