Home

Old 08-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
The AI

profecy3 recorded this video of Madden 12 that I requested. It is the Eagles facing off against the Patriots, in the snow at New England on All-Madden. It is the computer versus itself.

Michael Vick starts the game 0/2 with two interceptions and Brady starts off 0/4, all of which were terrible passes that didn't have a chance, and this isn't even with updated rosters.

Unless a receiver is wide open/left all alone, the AI has no idea what to do. What else can you see in this video?

P.S. Also, it sounds like another year I will be turning the commentary volume off. "Number 39 with the carry." Yeah, Danny Woodhead, an athlete EA had in the running for the cover of this years game. Not only that, but he made it past the first and, if memory serves, the second round of that vote. Why would you want to record his name? bah.

On the positive side, the camera presentation looks amazing. Love it.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-25-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The AI

It's hard to throw in heavy snow . . .
Old 08-25-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave86
What level was it played on? Any slider adjustments?
I'm told it is all Madden with default sliders. I understand QB accuracy can help, but that has no effect on the decision making of the AI. The Ai, in my opinion, is still really bad at football. Watching Vick finally scramble was nice. Watching him run into his team mates every time wasn't.

Quote:
Small sample size to make any conclusions.
Yes, but I also didn't see much of anything new to make me think it is any different than Madden 11. I REALLY like player traits [tuck and run, go for the swat, etc.] That helps make players play like their real life counterparts.

I also like how the offensive play calling APPEARS to be more accurate to real life.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-25-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

you know what i want to turn off your thread. really one video in snow and you got it all figured out.wow
Old 08-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
Pro

letsgopens66's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by livestrong11
you know what i want to turn off your thread. really one video in snow and you got it all figured out.wow
Chill brah. He's just pointing out some things he didn't like from the video. It's an opinion, and everyone is allowed to have one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by livestrong11
Look everyone... it's the lol troll.

Also way to ignore the things I said I like about the video too.

+Playcalling appears to be very accurate to their real life counterparts
+Camera angles and visual presentation.
+The snow looks amazing
+Footprints in the snow as they break the huddle.

However, in my opinion, if you find a good set of sliders that accurately represents the player ratings, you will still have an edge over the computer simply because the AI has no idea what it's doing.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-25-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I've been a CPU/CPU and Coach Mode player in Madden and NCAA for years and can tell you that the games have never ever played well on default All-Madden/Heisman.

The only feature that made CPU/CPU somewhat playable on next gen was Gameplanning and without that, you're also working with terrible play calling and therefore unrealistic results.

Having said that, it's obvious something is terribly wrong with QB Accuracy. These weren't missed passes by inches or feet, but passes from elite QB's that were off by 5+ yards. That's patch-worthy.

I like the fact that Vick decided to tuck and run frequently, but they also have yet to get scramble AI to work properly. It's either tuck and run straight ahead at full speed or don't run at all. The beauty of a QB like Vick isn't that he is just fast, but that he's so agile in short space and quick with his first step out of traffic.

One thing I liked: Cornerbacks don't drop passes when they get hit in the hands.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I'm told it is all Madden with default sliders. I understand QB accuracy can help, but that has no effect on the decision making of the AI. The Ai, in my opinion, is still really bad at football. Watching Vick finally scramble was nice. Watching him run into his team mates every time wasn't.

Yes, but I also didn't see much of anything new to make me think it is any different than Madden 11. I REALLY like player traits [tuck and run, go for the swat, etc.] That helps make players play like their real life counterparts.

I also like how the offensive play calling APPEARS to be more accurate to real life.
When you raise the CPUs accuracy along with the WR catching they find the open WR a lot quicker then they do when you leave it on default. On default the hold on to the ball sometimes longer then they need too. I always have the CPUs accuracy on 100 but on the Demo I have it at 75 right now which seems ok so far. I'll wait until I get the game to do some more testing. I really want you to test my sliders out once I get the game. You seem like you have an easy time with the CPU just like I usually do so my sliders will most likely be perfect for your skill set..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »