Home

Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

Hoping the EA guys that frequent the boards see this. Rdogg has the game and has posted some sim stats and the league leaders in passing percentage were at 59%. Is this tunable? 20 quarterbacks completed over 60% of their passes last year. 6 of them passed for over 65% and we get 2 guys that passed for 59% leading the league?? Maybe in the 1970's but, not now.

I'm admittedly somewhat of a stats geek and when I play my franchise I like to compete with the league leaders and have some realism. And right now the completion percentages take away from the realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden 12 Passing Stats: WACK!!

While it might be a tad lower than today's standards, it's far better than seeing 90% of the QBs completing 75% of their passes.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Yes, that's bad if it's a consistent trend.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

One user's experience merits tuning for the entire game?

I've had M12 for a couple days, but I've personally haven't ventured into franchise mode. That said, I think it's far best that we let the game actually release and collect more data before we run off saying what needs to be patched and tuned.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
While it might be a tad lower than today's standards, it's far better than seeing 90% of the QBs completing 75% of their passes.
Ummm.........And Alpo might be better than Gravy Train but, I'm not really trying to eat either one.

This is not just a tad low. If Drew Brees completes 68% of his passes in real life and is hovering around 55% that's 13 percentage points. That's major.

Last edited by Bootzilla; 08-25-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
One user's experience merits tuning for the entire game?

I've had M12 for a couple days, but I've personally haven't ventured into franchise mode. That said, I think it's far best that we let the game actually release and collect more data before we run off saying what needs to be patched and tuned.
Dude, he simmed a season. No QB in the ENTIRE NFL completed over 59% of his passes. You must not have been around when stats were screwed up and RBs wouldn't have any rushing TD's and stuff like that. If it's not important to you, cool. But, any simmed season should result in QB passing leaders completing more than 59% of their passes.

What's more likely, this being the one simmed season anomaly or a trend? History suggests the latter. We'll see. hopefully it's fixed. I accept some weird stuff playing the game but, stats should be able to be generated fairly easily. There's tons of data.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Well, In Madden 2011 from my experience the games I played on the field, the receivers averaged a few more yards than normal per catchn for both human and AI. If I had 65% completions, the game probably had too much scoring. Once I adjusted sliders to get realistic scores and total yardage, the completion % was closer to 52 to 55%. So if the stat engine mimicks what the on the field play is doing, I think that may be better than just having tables that the AI pulls from.

So for me, its a mixed bag. While I would like to see the game produce real world stats accross all categories, I am more concerned about total yards and scores. Average per carry for RB's matters more to me than completion %, etc. Its pick your poison though, we know the game won't be perfect in every area.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
Banned

Rdogg1026's Arena

OVR: 8

http://i.imgur.com/s1XZt.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »