Home

Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why?

This is a discussion on Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why?

The problem is not that the LB or defenders jump very high to make a play on the football. They actually jump at a realistic height. The problem is that the ball is not being thrown with any type of arc. Then making it very easy for the defender to jump up and snatch a ball that is intended for a receiver 10 yrds behind him

There is a simple fix to this. I know it works perfectly on NCAA 12, and I'm sure it will with Madden also. When I get home I will try it on the demo, and post the results.

Do you remember the feature Maximum passing, which was with 2k football. Well it works on NCAA12 pretty much the same way.

As your passing the ball (pressing the receivers icon) gently press up on the left analog and the ball will have a arc to it. It will then go over the LB or defender that is in the passing lane. Depending how far you push up and hold long you hold down the button. Will determine how much arc and length the pass will have. This can lead to some overthrows, so learn what works best with your qb.

This method works great with all routes. you just don't need it for arcing the ball. This method can also be use to adding more of a lead to a pass. I sometime turn streaks to a skinny post or throw back shoulder to throw the ball away from the closing defender.

I keep hearing gamers use the term super LB's , but that is not the case. Its the passing of the ball that is the issue, but if you exercise what I mentioned above. You want have that issue anymore.

Please note just tapping the button alone and not involving the left analog stick wont add arc to the pass. I have tried that. In the past that would work but no longer.

Anyone need anything more detailed just let me know, and I will help you out.

Hope this helps peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Friends there is no super LB jump and here is why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
The problem is not that the LB or defenders jump very high to make a play on the football. They actually jump at a realistic height. The problem is that the ball is not being thrown with any type of arc. Then making it very easy for the defender to jump up and snatch a ball that is intended for a receiver 10 yrds behind him

There is a simple fix to this. I know it works perfectly on NCAA 12, and I'm sure it will with Madden also. When I get home I will try it on the demo, and post the results.

Do you remember the feature Maximum passing, which was with 2k football. Well it works on NCAA12 pretty much the same way.

As your passing the ball (pressing the receivers icon) gently press up on the left analog and the ball will have a arc to it. It will then go over the LB or defender that is in the passing lane. Depending how far you push up and hold long you hold down the button. Will determine how much arc and length the pass will have. This can lead to some overthrows, so learn what works best with your qb.

This method works great with all routes. you just don't need it for arcing the ball. This method can also be use to adding more of a lead to a pass. I sometime turn streaks to a skinny post or throw back shoulder to throw the ball away from the closing defender.

I keep hearing gamers use the term super LB's , but that is not the case. Its the passing of the ball that is the issue, but if you exercise what I mentioned above. You want have that issue anymore.

Please note just tapping the button alone and not involving the left analog stick wont add arc to the pass. I have tried that. In the past that would work but no longer.

Anyone need anything more detailed just let me know, and I will help you out.

Hope this helps peace
The left stick is used as a "lead the receiver" feature in Madden and NCAA. It won't throw a lob, it'll attempt to lead the receiver downfield to catch the ball, the same way as holding left will lead the receiver to the left. Completely letting go of the stick throws it the way the receiver is running.

So, it some instances, it works, but that's only when the LB is out of reach to make any sort of play. It doesn't work if you see an LB spying and try to lob it over him to hit your receiver.

EDIT: I guess a better way to say it is if a receiver is running a slant

\
.\
..\
...x
like that (lol), holding up will make the receiver go

l
\
.\
..\
...x
and attempt to catch the ball instead of continuing the slant. Not a lob pass, just a redirect.

Last edited by bzehrt24; 08-23-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Could you post a vid of a ball dropping over a lb and underneath the safety using this technique?
Old 08-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Could you post a vid of a ball dropping over a lb and underneath the safety using this technique?
Yes I will. I will have a video up sometime tonight. Just remember I mentioned just getting the ball over the LB's or defenders that are about 10 yrds in front of the receivers. On how there are no Super LB's just passes that are thrown low.

What you are asking for is a LOB pass with a touch that falls between two defenders. I never indicated that ytpe of pass. Just getting it over the defender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzehrt24
The left stick is used as a "lead the receiver" feature in Madden and NCAA. It won't throw a lob, it'll attempt to lead the receiver downfield to catch the ball, the same way as holding left will lead the receiver to the left. Completely letting go of the stick throws it the way the receiver is running.

So, it some instances, it works, but that's only when the LB is out of reach to make any sort of play. It doesn't work if you see an LB spying and try to lob it over him to hit your receiver.

EDIT: I guess a better way to say it is if a receiver is running a slant

\
.\
..\
...x
like that (lol), holding up will make the receiver go

l
\
.\
..\
...x
and attempt to catch the ball instead of continuing the slant. Not a lob pass, just a redirect.
You are correct as for leading the pass, but I have done what I mentioned numerous times , and no longer get my ball swated down or intercepted. It only happens when I do not use what I mentioned above.

I will post a video later tonight. Now Im not saying its a lob pass , but it is a pass with more arc that gets over the defenders and to the receiver. Then eliminating the whole super LB theory.

Ill have the video up no later than 9pm est.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 08-23-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Yes I will. I will have a video up sometime tonight. Just remember I mentioned just getting the ball over the LB's or defenders that are about 10 yrds in front of the receivers. On how there are no Super LB's just passes that are thrown low.

What you are asking for is a LOB pass with a touch that falls between two defenders. I never indicated that ytpe of pass. Just getting it over the defender.

You are correct as for leading the pass, but I have done what I mentioned numerous times , and no longer get my ball swated down or intercepted. It only happens when I do not use what I mentioned above.

I will post a video later tonight. Now Im not saying its a lob pass , but it is a pass with more arc that gets over the defenders and to the receiver. Then eliminating the whole super LB theory.

Ill have the video up no later than 9pm est.
I've seen it work, all I'm saying is that it doesn't work 100% of the time.

I guess what we can both agree on is that we should be able to determine the velocity of the pass while also leading the receiver right or left (as opposed to it only working when we hold up), am I correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I noticed that the ball we being thrown too low also. I will try this because the bullet pass is too low and the lob would be thrown too high
Old 08-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I'm sure that he can, but it really isn't necessary. Has anyone ever played keepaway in their backyard? If you're standing more than 10 or 15 yards apart, and the person between you is more or less in the middle, it's entirely possible to arc a ball over someone without doing a full out lob. This is especially true if you use a high release point and the person throwing is tall (as the majority of NFL QB's are).

Yes, I think the lob/arc control is messed up in Madden and NCAA (and seems like it used to work better), but this is just one of several problems. The other, larger problem is the proportionality of size. All of the players are too large in proportion to the size of the field and the space of play. Guys that are 5'10" to 6'5" in real life appear to have a gigantic wingspan of about 8-10 feet.

Coupled with that is the almost superhuman awareness and ability to change directions. I think that's an underrated cause of the problem, because guys who have their head turned, are running the wrong way, etc. behave as if they are in perfect position ready to make a play on the ball. This neglects the fact that a linebacker or safety in zone coverage may be worried about multiple receivers or the possibility of the run, yet in Madden they seem to have laser-precision focus on when and where the ball is being thrown.

It will never be perfect, but I do hope that it's better in the new game.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

As I've written before, it's not that the linebackers actually jump with great height. It's how they jump. They're capable reacting within milliseconds, and they're capable of changing directions w/o concern for momentum. They're able to jump vertically into the air from a back pedal.

Combine that with ball trajectory issues, and you have a recipe for frustration. Now, I have used the left analog stick to lead my WRs in the past, and it simply hasn't been a solution. As we know, the left stick supposed correspond to the WR's body. The direction you press the left stick is the area you'll throw to on the WR.

Last edited by Broncos86; 08-23-2011 at 05:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »