Home

Conference Realignments for Dynasties

This is a discussion on Conference Realignments for Dynasties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Conference Realignments for Dynasties

Hey guys, I was trying to find a thread with some ideas on conference realignments in future years of my dynasty but I was unable to find any. Does anyone have any suggestions, I guess this is mostly fantasy and up to whatever you want to do but thought I could use some suggestions.

I am confident that we are headed towards 4 super conferences but I just can't decide who will go where. It is now the beginning of my 3rd year in dynasty, last year the only changes I made were those already set IRL such as TCU to the Big East. Now I've decided for year 3 to add Texas A&M and FSU to the SEC. I just signed as the DC at Kentucky so this makes things much more interesting. Instead of shifting all the conferences around I decided to take things slow and do a couple big moves but leave it at that. For instance with all the Miami issues going on I decided to drop them from the ACC and they are now Independent. I am pretty confident in my conferences right now but not sure what kind of moves should be made next year. I have some ideas of my own but I would like to hear what you guys think and if you have any more ideas.

Options for 2014 and future years:

-Clemson/Virginia Tech and Missouri/another to SEC bringing total to 16
-Texas (unless Independent), Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to PAC 12 making 16
-Big East and ACC combining to 16 (Not sure who would be in the super conference)
-Big Ten adding 4 most likely Notre Dame (unless they go to Big East/ACC), Cincinnati (again possibility for Big East/ACC), Missouri (unless to SEC), not really sure who else to bring in so could use some help there.
-Big 12 would add a few teams, maybe Houston, SMU, and Rice but would lose their BCS automatic bid

EDIT: I could also see the Big East/ACC making their decisions based on football and basketball. Pretty much taking all the ACC teams now (minus FSU, Miami, and VT/Clemson) and adding 7 possibly being Pitt, USF, TCU, Louisville, West Virginia, Connecticut, and either Miami back in or a Rutgers/Syracuse) I also forgot to mention that I could see Maryland taking an invitation to the Big Ten along with another ACC/Big East team

So after the realignments the BCS will only have 4 automatic qualifiers (wish we could do a Plus-1)

Sorry to anyone who's favorite teams I may have left out but I feel this may be the direction we are headed. Any more help would be great!

Last edited by sparkdawg777; 08-22-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2024, 04:30 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Conference Realignments for Dynasties

I've started a dynasty with the following configuration:

No AQ for the BCS Bowls

The preseason Top 25 are becoming independents
Old 09-12-2024, 05:06 PM   #4
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

Holy bump, Batman!

Anyway, I did play a "top 25 move to independent" dynasty once in NCAA 14, as USC in a merged Big 12/Pac-12.
Old 09-12-2024, 10:39 PM   #5
All Star

I left the conferences the same but I did hear the Pac 12 is adding some schools IRL so my question is are there any bugs related to conference realignment? At some point I'll probably realign to match the current reality but only if it is bug free.

Does conference affiliation make a difference in polls?
Old 09-12-2024, 11:24 PM   #6
Rookie

This guy goes over some really good hypothetical concepts to keep the entire 30 years of your dynasty engaging:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJvCzz_O7vs

If you'd like for it to be more randomized, you can always use a dice roll system to determine the year the realignments will be activated.

The more hypothetical scenarios you create to potentially trigger the realignments, the more dynamic the game will be. For example, schools can choose to reallocate conferences because:

1. School "A" has experienced a series of consistent losing season (5+) and shrinking student attendance, forcing them to lower their athletic budget and go to a smaller conference rather than competing against the powerhouse teams in the bigger conferences.

2. State "A" has experienced a mass exodus of its tax paying citizens due to overregulation and stringent business laws. This puts the state in a financial deficit and forces them to reduce their annual budgets allotted for the public university in the state. The university that once played in a bi-coastal conference, now needs to move into one that is more focused on regional based competition.

Just be creative with it and most importantly, have fun.
Old 09-16-2024, 07:09 AM   #7
Rookie

koebsual's Arena

OVR: 4

I did basically exactly what this guy did and I’m really enjoying it
Old 09-16-2024, 08:17 AM   #8
Rookie

nflman2033's Arena

OVR: 1

I did some realignment, but saw the nasty conference play bug. So until it's patched it's best to not do too much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »