Home

Stamina Continuation

This is a discussion on Stamina Continuation within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Stamina Continuation

well i dont know
its a good idea but then if it got implemented then we'd be moaning about how everything gets stripped or missed when it shouldnt be and blah blah blah, why is all my moves so weak in the fourth quarter? why is it the cpu always gets up so many points in the fourth this is a cheat 2k!? why do i miss so many Lay ups???

those are the kind of questions youd be getting alot on the forums so if they was going t o implement it they would have had to make a big announcement about it letting people know they need to manage their stamina properly.

I would just hate it if i had a lane to the hoop and because a player plays big minutes hes tired and misses a game winning lay up. just sometimes i think we'd need to think of the problems with it. but this is a good point none the less!

I disagree with your comment. I think that it IS realistic that some one who has played in a triple overtime game and has not subbed out since the opening tip off could POSSIBLY miss a WIDE OPEN game winning lay up due to fatigue.

There is NO shot that is 100 percent guaranteed in the game of basketball. Players have missed WIDE OPEN fast break lay-ups before, and they have missed WIDE OPEN fast break dunks. It IS possible to miss "gimmie shots," just highly unlikely. A fatigued player should have a more difficult time making shots than a refreshed player (also accounting for talent).

I think the stamina should be addressed so that players aren't winded after 2 minutes of play but at the same time, I think it is RIDICULOUS and UNREALISTIC that ranked 2k players can just switch their substitution method to MANUAL and have an advantage against someone who actually uses a rotation ALL GAME LONG without ANY sort of penalty.

A middle ground has to be found for the stamina, not just the rotations. The solution can't be to just "play your starters the whole game too," this is not NBA Jam. I know it won't be addressed anytime soon, but once 2k actually penalizes players for playing starters/superstars ALL GAME LONG, using TURBO ALL GAME LONG, we will have taken a positive step forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
Rookie

TMURDER625's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Stamina Continuation

Ok look, im not saying that come the fouth quater your guy is super tired and low on stamina. What im saying is stamina should be more "play by play" then just the whole game. And depending on the players skill at the particualar basketball action thats the amount of stamina used in that situation. So say u got Rondo who is above average at stealing the rock. So rondo attempting a steal would cost less energy that say steve nash attempting a steal. Same would go for Dwight going for a rebound or a block over a less effective rebounder. This will help with players cheesing and would promote better playing basketball.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Stamina Continuation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMURDER625
Ok look, im not saying that come the fouth quater your guy is super tired and low on stamina. What im saying is stamina should be more "play by play" then just the whole game. And depending on the players skill at the particualar basketball action thats the amount of stamina used in that situation. So say u got Rondo who is above average at stealing the rock. So rondo attempting a steal would cost less energy that say steve nash attempting a steal. Same would go for Dwight going for a rebound or a block over a less effective rebounder. This will help with players cheesing and would promote better playing basketball.
I agree with you on the play by play stamina but I still think there should be an overall game stamina. I don't think there should be ONE meter for stamina. I think there should be TWO. I don't think players have the EXACT same stamina at the tipoff as they do in the final seconds of the game...especially if they played the entire game.

Ratings should apply with the stamina. I wouldn't want the game to become a "whoever is most fresh is a better player" for that moment. But I definetly agree that stamina (and court spacing) are the keys to get the game fair and as cheese-free as possible

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »