Home

This man speaks the truth about people's expectations of football games

This is a discussion on This man speaks the truth about people's expectations of football games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
This man speaks the truth about people's expectations of football games

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: This man speaks the truth about people's expectations of football games

Don't have speakers at work. Any chance that you or someone else could provide a synopsis of his point of view?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

i agree with him for the most part, but i still think 2k can be used as a great reference point in certain aspects where madden is still lacking such as head tracking, DB technique, AI awareness, presentation, acceleration and procedural awareness.

while the series is done, been done, and not coming back anytime soon...there is still a lot ea can look to that proves it HAS been done correctly and what areas they can refer to in building madden to be a more realistic playing game.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
i agree with him for the most part, but i still think 2k can be used as a great reference point in certain aspects where madden is still lacking such as head tracking, DB technique, AI awareness, presentation, acceleration and procedural awareness.

while the series is done, been done, and not coming back anytime soon...there is still a lot ea can look to that proves it HAS been done correctly and what areas they can refer to in building madden to be a more realistic playing game.
IMO I have to disagree that it has been done correctly, I feel like Madden 12 is going to be the closest to it though. I think with Cam Weber as the GM starting in Madden 13, they will get there though.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81

That was not his point. As much as people want to put 2K as the holy grail of sim, It is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from sim and has horrendous aspects that can make you pull your hair out.

He is stating that it is a video game and not all will be 100% sim

I love 2K but it also had things that madden does better. That is fact
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

For ONLY1LT:

-Madden is just a game.
-We will never get a sim football game because in order to get a sim game you would have to eliminate user controller because the user has 'god cam' where you can see everything.
-EA Sports will renew license and be the only football game and they're not monopolizing the game.
-If you don't like the game don't buy it. Play 2k and update the rosters every year and be happy with what your playing on your PS2. While smart people play madden on the 360 with updated graphics, current NFL, current announcers etc. while you spend hours upon hours updating rosters.
-Put 2k to rest. Let 2k die.
-He doesn't live in fantasy land.
-2K could make a game that is an nfl game without it being an nfl game but they don't so blame them for not coming out with a product and you can't blame ea and nitpick at music.
-2K horse is dead.
-2K fanboys talk as if 2K5 is the best football game ever and that it's a fact.
-Madden 07 was better than 2K5 and 2K5 wasn't even good.
-Running style in 2K look ********.
-They won't cancel a madden to implement physics this gen unless sales drop big time.
-2K5 is not the standard. The standard is real football and that will never be reached. 2K5 is not the end all be all of football games.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

He could have stopped recording at 1:10 and I would have agreed with everything he said. Madden is just a game, people act like they're entitled to everything they see on Sundays down to an exact 100% science.

That didn't happen with NFL 2K5, it didn't happen before it, and it won't happen. I believe Madden 12 is going to be the most realistic Madden to date, which is why i'm buying it for the first time since Madden 07 on PS2. Where your game is downright bad, then people have the right to complain, but i'm seeing people complain about the Madden 12 demo saying it's horrible and this and that. IMO the Madden 12 demo is better than any Madden since we got to the next gen consoles.

For the people that expect too much the only satisfaction they're going to get is if they strap up pads and go play in the NFL themselves.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I totally disagree with the view point expressed in that video but he is certainly entitled to his opinion. I admittedly did not watch the whole video but the suggestion that people who don't like the game should only not buy it, is not productive, imo.

If every time someone felt a product was not up to par, they just didn't buy it and kept their mouth shut, products would seldom improve and many consumers that want to view the product opinions of others, would be making "blind" purchases.

It makes far more sense, imo, for people that enjoy the game to just ignore the complaints of those who don't. I don't see people trying to convince those that like Madden to not express it, so the reverse should apply too.

Any youtube video and forum post is optional viewing, that anyone can simply ignore. I am sure their are countless videos and negative opinions of many games I personally find enjoyable and I could care less.

I would like to see someone make a youtube video about people being more independently minded and not being so influenced by the actions of others that don't directly affect them.

DO YOU!

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 08-22-2011 at 01:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »