Home

Creating Prospects during recruiting?

This is a discussion on Creating Prospects during recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Creating Prospects during recruiting?

Hi there..I am looking to create a big time QB for my dyansty... Typical measurements are 6'4 230 lbs. the problem is everytime I create the QB..his face looks like an O or D-Lineman. This is soo fustrating!! I make him 6'3 215 lbs..The QB has noodle like arms..

Please help as I really want the arm to look like an actual QB arms.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Creating Prospects during recruiting?

Although miniscule, this has been a HUGE pet peeve of mine for years. I do know that sometimes changing the players number or equipment will do something to his arm size as well as body type. It's not consistent, but I noticed in my dynasty if I edit a player more than once, his original body type changes to the "standard" body type (i.e. I had a 6'0", 215lb RB who looked beefy the first time I viewed him in edit player and his backplate seemed to stick out too much and he had a gut a 0 belly and a big rear end at 0 rear end. After changing his number/equipment and saving changes more than once, I went back in to re-edit him and his body style had changed (he was less beefy looking and his backplate was no longer sticking out awkwardly like before and strange enough his arms were NOW bigger.) I was happy with this re-edit as i thought it looked more proportional but sometimes my WR's or TE's will get the tiny arms after editing and saving more than once.

I have a 6'3 QB that weighs 232 lbs. I think the weight has to be high enough (where you have 22 faces instead of thirty-something to avoid the tiny arms problem) and I agree most of these faces look like lineman but I have found a few that look like a muscular QB (at least on the darker skin tones).

lots of rambling but hopefully something in there helps

Edit: also, in real life alot of the mugshots of some bigger QB's often look like they are alot bigger than they are (not sure if they could be mistaken for lineman but alot of these QB's are big boys and they do have thick necks.) I'd rather have my QB look right in the game with a "lineman mugshot" instead of the other way around. Upping his weight to the class where you have 22 faces to choose from worked for me. Not sure if that was the fix but go ahead and give it a try.

Last edited by BizzyBobby23; 08-19-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks..I will look into doing that but EA needs to fix this..it is annoying..I think I will create a linebacker with QB stats and give him the face that I want to use ( Dark skin tone, face type 9) and den once I recruit him ..I will try and switch him to QB and see if his face will remain the same....will let you knw how that goes.. but Please EA needs to fix this asap...

Like in Madden when you create a player you get to choose what face type you give him

ps: I hope he has QB arm too cause linebackers usually have the big arms I am looking for to cut long story short..

I want my QB arm to look like Josh Freeman's arms (link to pic: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/JNvKD...j/Josh+Freeman )....I am tryna create a clone of him and use it in Madden for my arizona Cardinals FRANCHISE IN MADDEN 12...
sorrry for long writing..lol..
Old 08-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
Rookie

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I did it ...bro

here is how i did it:

1) I created a MLB who is 6'4 215 pounds and gave him the face type I wanted,

2) once creating his physical apperance I edited his Arm to 100.

3) I then gave him Good QB stats and mediocre MLB stats.

4) I then recruited him to my team and in offseason changed his position to QB.

5) I'm sure following this route will allow you to create players in the shapes and sizes that you want especially using the linebacker template

I set out to make QB who is built like a linebacker.. Yayyyyy!!!

PS: accept my friend request..lol
Old 08-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Shroom's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTomlin10
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I did it ...bro

here is how i did it:

1) I created a MLB who is 6'4 215 pounds and gave him the face type I wanted,

2) once creating his physical apperance I edited his Arm to 100.

3) I then gave him Good QB stats and mediocre MLB stats.

4) I then recruited him to my team and in offseason changed his position to QB.

5) I'm sure following this route will allow you to create players in the shapes and sizes that you want especially using the linebacker template

I set out to make QB who is built like a linebacker.. Yayyyyy!!!

PS: accept my friend request..lol
haha its ridiculous that we have to do stuff like this just so we can get our players to look right. SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #6
Rookie

AZ9er's Arena

I don't even bother anymore. Everytime I create a 4* prospect with the same hometown as University of Arizona, he always wants to go to a different school. I don't think I've ever successfully recruited a prospect I've created.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
Rookie

hey..if you create a 4* prospect ..make sure he comes from Arizona or same location as the school and also make sure that Arizona Wildcats atleast win the Pac 12 or get to the championship game ..this is how it works in recruiting :

6* Prestige Schools = 5* & 4* prospects
5* Prestige Schools = 5* & 4* prospects
4* Prestige Schools = mostly 3* prospects and in sometimes lower 4* prospects

so I think you will have a better shot if Arizona is ranked as a 5* School..

I hope this can help

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »