Home

money talks!! i have a solution

This is a discussion on money talks!! i have a solution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
money talks!! i have a solution

money talks people!! instead of buying the game the day it comes out next year and being angry for a month, maybe more, while the devs at ea pat themselves on the back, we should do exactly what we've been forced to do with ncaa 2k8 basketball for years... all those great people in the community that edit all the rosters in record time after the release of the game should just edit the rosters of this years game to be current next year. have the release of the roster file coincide with the release of ncaa 13 and have all the same midnight release day parties! i don't think it would even be that hard, replace seniors with freshman, and re-rate everyone else. i call ncaa a 12 month purchase because i literally play the game until the next comes out, so by my calculations my 12 months wont be up until sometime in september next year. they'll get nervous when they see the pre-order numbers, and scared for their jobs when the sales figures come in. this way we can tell them, yes we like college football video games, but no selling broken games with a promise of a fix IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
what say the community?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: money talks!! i have a solution

Sounds great!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

I think this is a great idea! There is no acceptable excuse for incompetence. I have worked with programmers and the truth is they just don't like to do play testing. This might give them a motivation for doing so.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

I hate to rain on your parade because your intentions are solid, but i don't see there being any unity on this next year. The problem is, by the time the game is due to come out, the emotions have died down and the new optimism takes its place.

An artist's rendering of the process:

Old 08-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
I hate to rain on your parade because your intentions are solid, but i don't see there being any unity on this next year. The problem is, by the time the game is due to come out, the emotions have died down and the new optimism takes its place.

An artist's rendering of the process:

Lol That's a perfect example. Just label Lucy as EA Sports, the football as NCAA 12/13/whatever and Charlie Brown as the Consumers.

I really wish EA would come out with NCAA every two years, with the off year in between just releasing updated rosters and maybe minor stuff such as additional custom entrances, etc. Never going to happen, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #6
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah people are just gonna buy it anyway once the hype machine kicks in.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Just wait 2 weeks and buy it used from gamestop. They HATE that.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

I got burned with NCAA 9 and passed on 10...bought NCAA 11 and returned it a month later cause all the problems getting a patch out/fixing issues.

So this year, hype machine sucked me in and I was at a midnight release buying this game. Now here I sit with a busted damn game I refuse to play until its patched. SO, I will NOT buy NCAA 13 until at the earliest October 1st next year!

So i am in agreement...vote with your wallets!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »