Home

RTG cornerback tips?

This is a discussion on RTG cornerback tips? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7
RTG cornerback tips?

I am wanting to do CB, but i keep getting torched and can't make plays on the ball.

Any tips you guys have or use would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: RTG cornerback tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
I am wanting to do CB, but i keep getting torched and can't make plays on the ball.

Any tips you guys have or use would be great.
lol same here man im awful at it
Old 08-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc314
lol same here man im awful at it

I have been searching the web, but i can't seem to find any tips.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Let AI control your player til the ball is in the air, until you get use to reading routes. Then you will know routes. Also, mostly try Swats unless your Catch is 70+. Your Jump is probably low
Old 08-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Let AI control your player til the ball is in the air, until you get use to reading routes. Then you will know routes. Also, mostly try Swats unless your Catch is 70+. Your Jump is probably low

Thanks man. I'll try that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

I suck at CB and S. When I press Y to try to pick it my guy does the dumb "throw your arms up" animation that never works and has been in the series for as long as I can remember. Has anybody ever caught a pass like that?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankssta
I suck at CB and S. When I press Y to try to pick it my guy does the dumb "throw your arms up" animation that never works and has been in the series for as long as I can remember. Has anybody ever caught a pass like that?
It happens alot. I think if it is not perfectly timed the animation will occur. I gave up a few TDs that way.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:37 AM   #8
Rookie

Dont let the AI play defense for you. You might as well just not play the game.

Stay out of the backfield is the number one tip from me.
You'll get burnt everytime if your first thought is 'run'. First step should be in to your back pedal eyes on QB, not RB. Knowing when to get out of your backpedal is just as crucial as well. If you wait until the WR reaches you to turn your hips, he'll get a step on you and you're burnt.
Knowing routes is key too. Anticipation will give you the jump needed for an int instead of a pass break up or completion. Most of my ints at CB either came from jumping the flats in Cover 2, or one-on-one on deep routes. Its way easier to make a play on the ball when the WR is in front of you. You get out of the position, the camera repositioning will only screw you over more.

I got to the comfort level of basically playing all my zones, and man coverage, really loose as to bait the QB into throwing my way, otherwise I would never get any action.

Playing on Heisman, I think from freshman to senior year I had a 15-20 interception total, between 40-50 tackles a year, a really good amount of ffs, fumble recoveries and a defensive touchdown or two every season.

My guys sitting at home waiting to get drafted now.

But once you get the hang of it, it's one of the more rewarding positions to excel in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »