Home

PSBlog: DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3

This is a discussion on PSBlog: DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
PSBlog: DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayStation.Blog

DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3

+ Posted by Philip Rosenberg // Senior Vice President, Business Development, SCEA

Hello PlayStation Nation!
Are you ready for some football!
We are excited to announce that PlayStation has partnered with DIRECTV to bring its popular sports subscription service, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, to the PlayStation 3 game console. PlayStation owners across the country will now have the opportunity to watch every out-of-market Sunday game on their PS3.

How do you get in the game? At the start of the season, viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL SUNDAY TICKET at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver for your home.
NFL SUNDAY TICKET is a DIRECTV-exclusive sports package that offers:
  • Up to 14 NFL games every Sunday
  • Full HD for every football game
  • DIRECTV’s Red Zone Channel
We know that PlayStation fans are huge sports enthusiasts, so adding NFL SUNDAY TICKET is the perfect complement to the PS3’s rapidly growing lineup of sports entertainment, including MLB.TV and NHL GameCenter. We’ll have more info, including a video tutorial and sign up information on the blog shortly. I hope you’re as excited for the football season as we are.
Very tempting to me... not cheap tho.

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: PSBlog: DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3

at that price - and this is coming from someone who ponies up $120 for MLB.TV Premium every year to watch out of market Cubs games.

I guess it's a good deal if you already have DirecTV though.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
at that price - and this is coming from someone who ponies up $120 for MLB.TV Premium every year to watch out of market Cubs games.

Yeah, it would be nice if there was a way for me to just pay for the app.

The deal would be better like this:

- People who already have NFL Sunday Ticket get this for free on their PS3.
- People without NFL Sunday Ticket/DirecTV in general would have to pay $100 for the PS3 app and access to it (though only on the PS3).

For someone who doesn't have DirecTV, it's a bummer I have no chance at accessing this. I'm glad they added it, though. The PS3 is truly becoming a massive entertainment system, nearly to the point where it's all you need to outsource any of your media.

By the way, this is off-topic as far as the PS3 app goes, but why is NFL Sunday Ticket $340 per season? You get less than 250 games in the year, and it's about/over three times as much as MLB.TV, which basically has 15 games daily during its season. I know Sunday Ticket isn't an Internet package so it can't compare directly, but I just think that's a pretty steep price in general.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 08-17-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

My thoughts exactly. MLB.tv was at the threshold I was willing to pay, but that's way more games so I went for it. Plus I can't go too long without seeing my hometown Tigers

The Sunday Ticket would kind of leaves you checking the back of your head to see how badly your skull is cracked LOL.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 08-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

I wish the cost was lower but at least I know even with this price, and cutting the cord that we're getting closer and closer to the day we won't ever need a cable channel to see our favorite sports/teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #6
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

I was excited as hell about this until I saw the price. WHT are they thinking. isn't the regular subscription $189.99?
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 08-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

Sunday Ticket is that expensive because it's football and baseball is no where near as appealing to most sports fans.

I love my yankees but I can care less about watching other baseball teams play.

I would love to watch all other football games including my Giants games.

It's football and football sells so that is why they charge that much

Not to mention the redzone channel which is amazing and the ability to stream on phones and computers.

It cost about $350 not $180

I paid $150 after getting a discount.

The first week is always free for DTV members
Old 08-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

350$ a year isn't terrible, when you figure you get 17 weeks of enjoyment out of it. It ends up being like 65$ a month for the 6 month payment plan I do. I look forward to Sundays when I can watch the Packers game and flip back and forth amongst all the other games on a 2nd TV and the PC tracking my fantasy players. If you're the type of person who wants to just watch one out of market game a week, then it's definitely not for you. But if you're gonna go hard with multiple TVs and computers then it's not too terrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »