Home

How to advance two runners on a Sac Fly??

This is a discussion on How to advance two runners on a Sac Fly?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How to advance two runners on a Sac Fly??

Ok, here's the situation: Bases Loaded, No outs, batter hits a DEEP fly ball to Right-Center Field. I select the runner on third to tag and do when the ball is caught. However, I don't have enough time to select the runner at 2nd base to have him tag to third. What is the best way to make this happen?? L1 to advance all and then individually select the runner on 1st and make him go back to 1st??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: How to advance two runners on a Sac Fly??

Yes. I've been meaning to try targetting the runner before hand, and holding the button (Circle), and then simultaneously pressing L1. In theory that should make only the remaining two runners advance, but I haven't actually tried it. Give that a shot if you have a chance... but the answer to your question is yes.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Pro

Yankees2009Champs's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsdaddy
Ok, here's the situation: Bases Loaded, No outs, batter hits a DEEP fly ball to Right-Center Field. I select the runner on third to tag and do when the ball is caught. However, I don't have enough time to select the runner at 2nd base to have him tag to third. What is the best way to make this happen?? L1 to advance all and then individually select the runner on 1st and make him go back to 1st??
I've been in this situation before, here's what you do. As fast as you can get the runner on first to slide to first. This will stall his progress as you hold L1 to advance to third and home. Then select guy on first and press the button of the base to keep him on it.
"Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, ALL of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than heck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world."

Legendary pitcher Kenny Powers
Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
I've been in this situation before, here's what you do. As fast as you can get the runner on first to slide to first. This will stall his progress as you hold L1 to advance to third and home. Then select guy on first and press the button of the base to keep him on it.
I guess I'm really confused on the line "As fast as you can get the runner on first to slide to first"?? Please explain in more detail...
Old 08-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsdaddy
It's tricky, but usually doable if it's a very deep fly ball. I take care of the guy on second first, by manually selecting him. Then I switch over to the guy on third as quickly as possible, and send him on his way. Though if I have a really slow guy on third, I usually send him first just to make sure I get the run in. Even then, I'm usually able to pull off the tag up to third because of the time it takes the cut off guy to handle the ball.

This works on deep fly balls, especially when the ball is hit to deep right, or deep right center.

Edit: I've actually never tried to advance all and then send the one guy back to first. Though I'd imagine that would work too, especially if the ball is hit to left.

Last edited by Jgainsey; 08-15-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgainsey
It's tricky, but usually doable if it's a very deep fly ball. I take care of the guy on second first, by manually selecting him. Then I switch over to the guy on third as quickly as possible, and send him on his way. Though if I have a really slow guy on third, I usually send him first just to make sure I get the run in. Even then, I'm usually able to pull off the tag up to third because of the time it takes the cut off guy to handle the ball.

This works on deep fly balls, especially when the ball is hit to deep right, or deep right center.

Edit: I've actually never tried to advance all and then send the one guy back to first. Though I'd imagine that would work too, especially if the ball is hit to left.
Thanks for the help. Obviously the runner on THIRD is the most important runner, so advancing him AFTER I advance the runner on SECOND gives me pause. Maybe I'll try the L1, then select the runner on first and manually send him back to first, first. It's not like this play happens all the time, but when playing on Hall Of Fame you all know how important EVERY run is.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Also important is to make sure the runners are back at the bag and ready to go. I hit R1 right away because the runners always hang with that default lead off the base until the ball is just about caught.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Also important is to make sure the runners are back at the bag and ready to go. I hit R1 right away because the runners always hang with that default lead off the base until the ball is just about caught.
Do you then hit L1 to advance them all after the ball is caught?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »