Home

Coach Prestige issue

This is a discussion on Coach Prestige issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Coach Prestige issue

Hey guys, I remember reading these forums around the time NCAA 12 came out and people were talking about how fast and unrealistic coach prestige went up or down. I am wondering if anyone is having the problem i am currently having. I have a created coach on a team builder team and we just entered our 4th season. Have played every game and my record is:
2011: 10-4
2012: 7-6
2013: 11-3
Resigned contract
2014 2-1

So after i resigned my deal my record was 28-13, 2-1 in bowls, and 2 conference championships. My prestige is still a..............D. Hasnt gone up or down. My OC and DC have both gone up, but i havent.
Anyone else having this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Coach Prestige issue

That's pretty weird. I played one season with my teambuilder team, went 7-6, and my prestige went up to a B. Obviously you completed your goals or they wouldn't have given you another contract. Not sure what's going on

Watch me play video games
Old 08-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Rookie

yeah i completed like 11/12 goals or something and had 100% job security. I think its dumb though how i resigned with my school and now its 58%.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah, there is something not right with coach prestige.

In my dynasty I went from a D+ to a B as OC for San Jose State. We put up a bunch of yards and points....but went 4-8.

I was hired on at Ole Miss...we went 9-4 and I was an A+ after the season.

2 seasons later I'm still an A+...but I've never won a conference title and I've gone 9-4, 10-3 the other two seasons. I'd say I should be closer to a B or B+.

Les Miles, however, won a couple of SEC titles and has averaged 10 wins per season and he's a D....I don't get it.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 08-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
Rookie

dawg_gone's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
Les Miles, however, won a couple of SEC titles and has averaged 10 wins per season and he's a D....I don't get it.
Wow, that's ... I can't even think of a way to rationalize that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

The coach prestige system IMO is just as buggy as OD's. Ive noticed that sometimes while using a created coach who should start with an initial prestige of D or D+ I cant remember will actually retain the coach prestige of the original coach of the team you are coaching.

For example, some dynasties I start with WVU with my created coach will have prestige as a D or D+. Other times the initial prestige with a created coach will have it as A+ which is the prestige of WVU's current coach. Ive noted this with other teams as well. It almost never has the same prestige levels for my created coaches starting out.

Some may say its random however again somehow in some instances I believe people are getting the prestige of the actual coach of that team. This type of buggy system makes me not doubt for one minute that a coaches prestige that you created may be bugged in some way and maybe thats why its staying static for you.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
Yeah, there is something not right with coach prestige.
There's something not right with pretty much everything.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yep, same thing happened to me. 6 winning seasons, 2 coach of the year awards, 5 of 6 bowl game wins, 3 conference championships, and it's been sitting on a D+ since the get go. Bugged.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »