Home

SECElite's 2012 Heisman Slider Set Enjoy!

This is a discussion on SECElite's 2012 Heisman Slider Set Enjoy! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
SECElite's 2012 Heisman Slider Set Enjoy!

PUHey everyone,
As most of you are aware, I have already released a 2012 All-American level slider set for this year’s game. However, it looks like “slideritis” has gotten the best of me because as content as I was with my first set, I felt a desire to dive into Heisman a bit deeper and do some testing with it as well.

There is certain intelligence on this level that I don’t see on the others. Sometimes on the lower skill levels, I would witness a CPU player as being completely unaware of where he was in relation to the ball or ball carrier. The best way to describe the behavior would be an almost zombified state, or as I like to call it, “in la la land” or “picking daisies"

Now, I understand there are already various slider sets out there. I see most of the sets tuned with default settings or slightly tweaked from default, and that is fine, but I personally do not like default Heisman. I feel like it plays more of an arcade type game play. When I play, I want to see a sloppy football game because football is a sloppy game. Football isn’t always precise and games aren’t always won by the team having the best talent on the field. Games are sometime won by pure luck or that one decision that was smarter than the one made by the guy representing the other sideline.

So that is that is the idea behind this set. The zeros are most likely going to a lot of investigators off and I certainly understand that, but to those who are willing to give these a shot, I can promise … you will find some enjoyment with these. I have.
As always, I am open to criticism, positive or negative and I am open to suggestions and will consider each and everyone.

Enjoy the sliders!

SECELIT3’s 2012 Heisman Sliders

Skill Level: Heisman
Quarter Length: 10 min
Speed: Slow
(This had to grow on me but the animations look much more fluid at this setting and that adds to the enjoyment of the game…Great presentation)
Threshold: 0
(Threshold plays a massive part in the overall game play of NCAA 12. One tweak can completely ruin a slider set. This is the threshold setting I feel most realistically represents the speed and acceleration of real life players. Higher thresholds present skating. Players at this threshold feel like they have weight which means you will really feel the difference when controlling a larger defensive tackle versus a smaller corner. This is realistic and is the way it should be. Thank you EA for adding this feature to the game)

Volume Settings: (Broadcast)
Master: 100
Commentators: 60
Crowd: 100 (Still testing to confirm stadium sound entries don’t have an effect on
PA: 70
On the Field: 40
Menu Music: 40 (Preference)
Menu Sound FX:0 (Adds to Immersion)
Custom Stadium Sounds: 25 (With my custom sounds)

Penalties:
Offsides: 52
False Start: 48
Holding: 50
Facemask: 53
OPI: 100
DPI: 100
KR/PRI: 100
Clipping: 48
IG: 100
Roughing Pass: 52
Roughing Kick: 52

Auto Subs: (Jistics)
Offensive:
Sub Out // Sub in
QB: 25 // 60
RB: 70 // 75
WR: 79 // 85
FB/TE: 50 // 70
OL: 50 //70

Defensive:
DT: 75 // 80
DE 75 // 80
LB: 60 // 80
CB: 35 // 75
S: 35 // 75

Heisman Sliders:
I know this set doesn’t look like much but it plays an excellent, challenging game of football. I firmly believe to enjoy an EA game; you simply need to look no farther than taking the arcade aspects of the game out of it. The zeros accomplish this.

CPU // User when Applicable (Slider settings with one number are the same for both the user and CPU)

QBA: 5 // 0 (Updated 11/27)
In past years, this setting at 0 presented a quarterback who couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn with a beach ball. That does not seem to be the case this year. I have had CPU QBs in labbing throw for a many yard against me. There is a good mix of good and bad throws. Passes for the CPU and User seem to have good velocity and are accurately placed. Ratings seem to matter which I think should be the number one thing taken into account with any slider set. It is important to remember that the best QBs in the NCAA last year only completed 60% of their passes.

Pass Blocking: 0
Why it works, I have no idea but the linemen move quickly to pick up their blocks and seem very aware when dealing with blitz packages. Again, I think ratings matter with this setting. There is no suction at these settings so the pass rushers can be effective against those stingy QBs who don’t want to throw the ball. Every once in a while I still see those linemen just release their blocks and run to the sideline. Sliders can’t fix that and thankfully, it doesn’t happen often.

RBA: 90 // 40
Hopefully the next patch will fix the issues with the ease of the user running game. 40 User presents a running game where the user has to use the running back according to his strengths and weakness. In other words, in a game this morning, I quickly realized I couldn’t take 84 speed Coker (Iowa) and be effective by trying to get to the outside. This setting also adds a feel of weight to the running backs. Coker felt very heavy. Last year a high setting for RBA would turn the runners into tackle breaking machines. With the improvement in tackling this year, I can still be effective against CPU running backs. I want a CPU running back to keep me on my toes on every single down. A CPU team that can’t run becomes one dimensional, and games like that become easy.

WR Catch: 45
Again, I want to take the arcade out of the game; to accomplish this, I start at a low setting and work my way up. At 0 receivers still catch the ball and catch it well, but they are quick to cough up the ball when taking a hit. This morning in a game against the computer, Missouri actually, I saw a CPU receiver make an amazing one handed grab at the sideline that was as amazing as anything I had ever seen. The receiver was an impact player. That occurred with the setting at 15 and left me thinking, if they can do that at 15 why do I need the other 85 notches? I boosted to 20 help the players hold onto the ball better when taking hits. The low tackling balances this immensely.

Run Block: 5 // 0
Oh the joys of being a slider maker. Why is this even needed if the run blocking at 0 balances with run defense at 0. At higher settings I see time and time again, these gaping holes open up because the defenders are unable to break off of their block. The defenders should be able to release freely and make the play. Again I think rating matter here. If the blocker has good ratings he should be able to hold his block longer. I think EA is doing some things in the future patch to assist receivers with their blocking but this plays great as is. It really requires the user and CPU to find the lanes.

Pass Coverage: 0 (Updated 4/20)
Put the theories to bed because this slider is not reversed. It is just not very effective at this time. It may affect read and recognition but if I am throwing for less than 300 yards per game, who cares what it affects. The secondary seems to play tight, smart coverage.

Pass Rush: 0
Again, I think ratings are going to matter with this setting and the pass block setting. I want the impact players on the line to shine; these settings together seem to accomplish this. It also tones down the effectiveness of that gosh awful swim move I absolutely can’t stand. Defense ends can be effective and the war in the trenches is very realistic.

Interceptions: 25 (Updated 11/27)
Nothing more than a WR catch slider for the defense. Click it to zero and the defensive players have hands like Mrs., Butterworth. This setting should keep those pesky linebackers grounded and still allow the defense to pick some of those poorly thrown passes.

Rush Defense: 0
This may have a lot to do with the defenses ability to read and recognize whether the play is a run or pass. It also may play a part in how quickly defensive players shed their blocks. This setting seems to balance well with run block and seems to allow the run stoppers to play to their ratings.

Tackling: 5
You will immediately notice some new animations when playing at these settings. Some of you may find the need to raise it a notch or two. That is fine but in raising it; you eliminate two important aspects of the tackling game. First, momentum and weight matter with these settings. Size, speed, and angle all are taken into account. Large backs fall forward when hit by smaller players or are tackled from behind, Tight Ends bowl over those smaller defensive backs in the open field, and trucking actually works for both the CPU and User. Secondly, you see some pretty cool animations, but tackling is tackling and if broken tackles become a problem, raise it or get more defenders to the ball.

Special Teams:
FGP: 45
FGA: 35 // 30
PPR: 45
PAC: 40
KOP: 50

**Sliders tested pre-patch w/tuner**

SECElite3's 2011 dynasty scores

Tennessee Volunteers ** 1-1 **

Tenn vs FCS 42 - 7 (W)
Tenn vs UC 41 - 44 (L)

Mississippi State Bulldogs ** 1-1 **

Miss St @ Mem 31 - 10 (W)
Miss St @ Aub 3 - 21 (L)

Florida State Seminoles ** 0-1 **

FSU vs ULM 45 -52 (L)

BYU Cougars ** 0-2 **

BYU @ Miss 14 - 31 (L)
BYU@ # 21 Texas 14 - 27 (L)

Last edited by SECElit3; 06-15-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon14 Re: SECElite's 2012 Heisman Slider Set Enjoy!

With Patch or not??
Old 08-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
Banned

Re: SECElite's 2012 Heisman Slider Set Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frajuve
With Patch or not??
Patched....
Old 08-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

These are almost the same i was using.

Good find!
Old 08-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank You SEC!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

about how many games have u tested with these man? im in a dyanasty right now im IU about go up against ND..im the OC so im gona be able to test the offensive side of the ball but im excited to see these
Old 08-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiers24
about how many games have u tested with these man? im in a dyanasty right now im IU about go up against ND..im the OC so im gona be able to test the offensive side of the ball but im excited to see these
All day yesterday and today. I would say about 10 to 15 games total. A mix of User vs User, User vs CPU and CPU vs CPU. One Coaching game I played with my buddy.

I always post the template to try to get some additional testing from the community. If I see something that needs to be changed, I will update the OP. Every game I play is a test game from this point forward.

Last edited by SECElit3; 08-13-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4

Posted in your other thread but these sliders are amazing. Who knew the key was to 0 everything out. These have made this game play like it should, a realistic sim. Have your 3 and outs and other drives where you can capture the momentum and lead it to a TD. CPU seems to have a better sense on what is going on on t he field and not how they are neccesarily programed to throw to if that makes sense. Anyway will still be d oing more testing and post some statistics in here to check out. I did some minor tweaks that i posted in your other thread that I felt helped. Appreciate your work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »