Home

Road to Glory defense camera

This is a discussion on Road to Glory defense camera within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Road to Glory defense camera

I'm trying to play as a CB in RTG and it's nearly impossible with the camera at an angle plus all of the constant spinning and zooming in/out. I hate it for all of the defensive positions but for CB it's just game killing.

It's like whenever the receiver i'm guarding makes a cut the camera angle changes and I end up running in the wrong direction. Seems like it wasn't tested because I don't see how anybody could use it and think that it was good or even usable really.

I can't tell you how many big plays i've given up and tackles i've missed just because of a poor camera.

Last edited by NoTrouble; 08-13-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
Rookie

IrishNDFan's Arena

Re: Road to Glory defense camera

I am in a RTG career as a DT. The camera angles do vary, and when I am required to drop back into coverage, the camera only points to the qb, which makes it impossible for me to see where I need to so I can track receivers coming across the middle.

While it is frustrating, I just pretend that my guy is just a big run-stoppin' DT and he may not end up the multitalented game changin' star I wish.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

I'm surprised more people aren't mad about this cuz the developers clearly said that they worked on the camera on defense to make it better. Which was asked during the interview done by twitter.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishNDFan
I am in a RTG career as a DT. The camera angles do vary, and when I am required to drop back into coverage, the camera only points to the qb, which makes it impossible for me to see where I need to so I can track receivers coming across the middle.

While it is frustrating, I just pretend that my guy is just a big run-stoppin' DT and he may not end up the multitalented game changin' star I wish.
It is difficult trying to be a good DLineman. Too much sliding, too many Cutblocks, Some Animations are pointless, Getting Stuck in Animations.
Madden's Line Interaction seems alot better. So I will import them into Superstar.
The main problem with the camera angle is that the camera angle is focused on where ever the ball is. So Only real position on Defense that looks good is MLB and Safety. The Camera should be focused on whats in front of you and zoomed out , so when it swings it doesnt have a huge effect
Old 08-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It is difficult trying to be a good DLineman. Too much sliding, too many Cutblocks, Some Animations are pointless, Getting Stuck in Animations.
Madden's Line Interaction seems alot better. So I will import them into Superstar.
The main problem with the camera angle is that the camera angle is focused on where ever the ball is. So Only real position on Defense that looks good is MLB and Safety. The Camera should be focused on whats in front of you and zoomed out , so when it swings it doesnt have a huge effect
Trust me the camera is no good at safety either because when the ball is in the air, you are SOL. We should just have either the regular camera for RTG or reverse the regular camera when on defense. It just seems insane to have the type of camera it does without being able to move it but that would be kind of hard to implement to given that the right stick is used for hit sticking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Yeah I hate the RTG camera. I don't even like the player lock camera, very poorly done imo. I like the player lock concept too, but the camera ruins it.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by awil1026
Trust me the camera is no good at safety either because when the ball is in the air, you are SOL. We should just have either the regular camera for RTG or reverse the regular camera when on defense. It just seems insane to have the type of camera it does without being able to move it but that would be kind of hard to implement to given that the right stick is used for hit sticking
I never created a Safety or MLB this year. Being Limited to only 5 min quarters, prevented me from playing those positions. But I am definitely creating them for Madden Superstar. Even though you are the auto-starter, Custom Quarter Lengths, Better XP system, and Coordinator Audio; Makes me really excited for that mode than RTG. So I will create a Safety and LB for SS, but I will make them a Senior,
Old 08-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Hold the "A" button if the camera starts to make you control funny. It is the computer assist they'll keep you afloat until the camera is good enough to where you can make plays again that's what I do at least

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »