Home

Where are the gameplay videos?

This is a discussion on Where are the gameplay videos? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Where are the gameplay videos?

I'm starting to get a little worried about this. The game is a month away from release, and aside from some teaser trailers and a few EA Developer blogs, we have seen next to nothing when it comes to gameplay videos for NHL 12.

Where's some CPU vs. CPU footage of say, one period of action? Or even an entire game? If not CPU vs. CPU, than at least grab a couple of developers and have them play a game, film it and post it.

It'd be nice to see the player traits and AI improvements actually at work, instead of just reading about them or seeing a 1-minute video (really 40 seconds after the intro and closing).
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Where are the gameplay videos?

Gameplay? Why gameplay? Who cares about gameplay?!?

All we need is video of the pause menu, action tracker, how to change position preset, and the big announcement without showing anything.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

Almost makes you think they are hiding something intentionally...I sure hope they are saving the best for last cause what I have seen so far, well, I'm actually considering waiting for the reviews before I pre-order or anything
Old 08-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
Banned

tofubrain2's Arena

OVR: 10

i think that in total the customers of the NHL series are some of the most bitter and resentful fanbases of any game period. why release video to anyone anyways? most of the people on here would devour it like a pack of pirahnas smelling blood.

"good things come to those who wait"
Old 08-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubrain2
i think that in total the customers of the NHL series are some of the most bitter and resentful fanbases of any game period. why release video to anyone anyways? most of the people on here would devour it like a pack of pirahnas smelling blood.

"good things come to those who wait"
While I don't agree with all you said, you're right, there would be some real love lust with a complete video.

In fact, if there's no video showing a period of CPU vs CPU gameplay, it's must be because they aren't testing the game enough, and that with NHL 11, just watch a CPU vs CPU game for a period was enough to show that the AI was pure crap.

So, in a way, I understand why there's no long footage of the gameplay. With the demo, they're protected since they can argue that it's not the final version that will go on the market.

By the way, NHL customer are the worse? Go take a peak at what's been said in Madden forum for the last few years. You'll see that in comparison, people playing the hockey game are pretty nice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
Banned

boilermakernet08's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
Gameplay? Why gameplay? Who cares about gameplay?!?

All we need is video of the pause menu, action tracker, how to change position preset, and the big announcement without showing anything.

LMAO!! That's enough for a good number of suckers to go out and pre-order the game!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

What is the extreme need for gameplay footage all about when there will be a demo???
Old 08-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #8
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I'm starting to get a little worried about this. The game is a month away from release, and aside from some teaser trailers and a few EA Developer blogs, we have seen next to nothing when it comes to gameplay videos for NHL 12.
Yep Dan, I've been thinking the exact same thing....where the hell's the game videos? For that matter, we've hardly even see much of anything for screen shots! Normally...there's screen shots coming out of our ears. But this year....wth?

As you mentioned, with the gameplay additions of anticipation AI, dynamic goalies, player traits...one, one minute videos of these features is all we've seen. Imo, that's not doing much of a job of selling me on this game. I mean, they mentioned [repeatedly] the glass breaking and goalie fights....ahhh, ok.

I've been actually thinking about this for a while now. That EA imo, hasn't really stirred up much excitement for this years game. And I believe simply not seeing [at least to this point] what the game really has to offer, is a big part of it. As of today, with what we've seen of this game...I feel as though I'd be blindly buying it. They must plan on REALLY pouring in on these next few weeks is all I can figure.

As you know Dan, I'll have the game on 9-13. And I sure hope the game is far better than their advertising campaign this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »