Home

Craziest game you've ever played (against a person or CPU)

This is a discussion on Craziest game you've ever played (against a person or CPU) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
Pro

Amped's Arena

OVR: 18
Craziest game you've ever played (against a person or CPU)

Just wondering what is the craziest game you have played so far? For me I just was doing an exhibition game to practice against the cpu for an online dynasty because I had to play Alabama and I was Mississippi State. Turned out to be the craziest game I have played so far haha. It went down to the wire obviously but if it wasn't for my special teams kick returner I would have been dead haha. This was on All-American btw (I'm not very good =P). The game involved me returning 2 kick returns for a touchdown (one with exactly 18 seconds left in the game which put me in the lead). I remember sacking the qb for a safety. I ended up pulling off a hail mary (which has never worked for me before EVER) at the end of the first half. I ended up winning 35-31 and I was on the edge of my seat most of the time yelling hahaha. I dont really know what a big score is for the espn instant classic thing but i got 2,200 something idk if thats good or not. So what was your craziest game or what did it involve?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Craziest game you've ever played (against a person or CPU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amped
Just wondering what is the craziest game you have played so far? For me I just was doing an exhibition game to practice against the cpu for an online dynasty because I had to play Alabama and I was Mississippi State. Turned out to be the craziest game I have played so far haha. It went down to the wire obviously but if it wasn't for my special teams kick returner I would have been dead haha. This was on All-American btw (I'm not very good =P). The game involved me returning 2 kick returns for a touchdown (one with exactly 18 seconds left in the game which put me in the lead). I remember sacking the qb for a safety. I ended up pulling off a hail mary (which has never worked for me before EVER) at the end of the first half. I ended up winning 35-31 and I was on the edge of my seat most of the time yelling hahaha. I dont really know what a big score is for the espn instant classic thing but i got 2,200 something idk if thats good or not. So what was your craziest game or what did it involve?
I usually get 1,000 or less even for pretty tight games so 2,200 is a high score for a classic. I'm not sure what determines the score, be it number of lead changes, coming from behind etc. I know overtime seems to bump it up. Anyway I've had a few thrilling games so far this year as Idaho. Beat Hawai'i 31-28 when they fumbled on their last drive, and lost to BYU 16-14 when I threw a pick at their 40 yard line while trying to drive for a winning field goal with under 2 minutes left
Old 08-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Pro

Amped's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
I usually get 1,000 or less even for pretty tight games so 2,200 is a high score for a classic. I'm not sure what determines the score, be it number of lead changes, coming from behind etc. I know overtime seems to bump it up. Anyway I've had a few thrilling games so far this year as Idaho. Beat Hawai'i 31-28 when they fumbled on their last drive, and lost to BYU 16-14 when I threw a pick at their 40 yard line while trying to drive for a winning field goal with under 2 minutes left
Just played the madden demo and had something just like that happen to me with your BYU game haha I could have tied up in overtime 13-13 with a field goal but I tried to throw it for the win and didn't realize Charles Woodson was standing right in front of me =(. He just jumped up and grabbed it haha oh well I love not being able to win everytime it keeps things real and fun
Old 08-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Pro

Amped's Arena

and for my game against Alabama there was a lead change like every drive haha
Old 08-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Craziest game I ever played was in a 3 star league I had ucla and other guy was Indiana this was back in ncaa 10 3rd year I had a WR named Jesse James and Jordon Micheal both 99 speed one was 6'6' other was 6'8 I was ranked number 2 he was number 1 nation title game no scores till the 4th every time one of us almost scored something happen be it a fumble block field goal holding call that move use out of field goal range whatever 4th started I hit james for a 99 yard screen play go up 7-0 next drive he rb breaks 7 tackles and goes 80yards for the td titled up. I drive down to the 40 and toss a ball to the back of the end zone for my 6'8 wr I go up 14-7 next kick off he takes it to the house 14-14 next kick off james takes it to the house 21-14 2mins left in the game he run a 64 yard td in with 1min 40 left. enough time for me to drive I'm thinking kick off my guy drops the ball on the 30 he gets it. I hold him to a field goal with 1min left I get the ball get to the 45 and he stops me 4th and 10 I get him on a off sides and snap the ball free play i toss a pick 6 well thank god for his off sides get the ball 4th and 5 on the 40 run a wr screen get to the 35 26sec left next play snap goes over my qb head on cover it up on the 43. 4sec left in the game Thinking hmm maybe I should hit the field goal and tie it up but I'm like well I got the fastest two players on the field so I go for it toss a 30 yard shot done field end up getting tackled at the 1 yard line. Thinking **** it's over but no flag on the play face mask puts me on the inch line to goal line so I go for the win qb sneak up the middle but no I lose the ball he got it back ended up geting a safety on it somehow and lost by 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

BYU (me) vs. UTAH (cpu)

A five-overtime shootout. We traded TD's until Utah failed their 2-point conversion then I scored and converted mine. Final score 67-65. It was one for the ages. I can't remember what my ESPN Classic score was.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
MVP

bgeno's Arena

I had a wild 6 OT-game against a buddy back on NCAA 08...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-my-buddy.html

Just yesterday in my dynasty I had a nice comeback...

I am in my second year as the OC at Southern Miss (third year overall) and I scheduled USF as a decent non-conference opponent.

I got up early 10-0, but my option offense stalled and the defense let them tie it up. I took the lead back in the fourth quarter with a TD, but they scored on the ensuing drive.

With the game tied at 17 and just under two minutes left, I thought OK, play it safe... try to score... if you can't, don't worry, you always have overtime.. Well, on the first play I threw to a drag route WAY late and tried to put it low and away from the defender, but he made a nice break, picked it off and took it to the end zone. I thought I was done.

So, now, down 7 with about 1:30 left and three timeouts, I needed to open up my offense and little and put it in the air more than I wanted to with my option QB. I had two nice pass plays that got me inside their 30, but I had to use a timeout after each play and wasted some time on other, less successful plays. So, with about 30 second left and needing to score, I kept throwing with some of my favorite pass plays.

I managed to get to the 9-yard-line with 15 seconds left, but now I was out of timeouts. I had a man open on first down, but the defense closed fast and broke up the pass.

9 seconds left...

I tried a pass over the middle and was actually lucky it wasn't picked by the superman linebacker in the middle.

3 seconds left...

Final play. Last chance. I went five-wide--four to the left, one to the right. I motioned the farther receiver on the left to the opposite slot and ran a fly route. My outside receiver on the right was curling at the end zone. The receiver furthest in the left ran a drag and the two on the outside ran a seam and a post/seam route. The linebacker covering hook-curl stayed low to watch the drag (for some reason) and left the post/seam wide open for the TD as time expired!

In the second OT I kicked a field goal, then my defense picked off a pass. Game over. USM WINS!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #8
Rookie

justtxyank's Arena

OVR: 1

Houston (me as OC) vs NC State for my CUSA title game in like year 3 or 4 of my dynasty. (Can't remember)

I don't remember the score, but both teams were in the 60s. It was ridiculous. I was losing at the end but managed to win the game by hitting two deep passes to my star WR for touchdowns on the first play of back to back drives.

Game was absolutely outrageous and made me hate being an OC and longing to get a HC job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »