Home

Your Experience with Coaching Carousel?

This is a discussion on Your Experience with Coaching Carousel? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Your Experience with Coaching Carousel?

Hey Guys quick question on coaching carousel.

Once the patch drops, I am starting an OD with some of my friends from HS. There are six of us, split 3-3 in the Pac12 (Arizona, ASU, Cal, Utah, OSU, Wash). The goal of this dynasty is to eventually have everyone separate, where the best will make it to some nice, 5-6 star jobs, where the lesser players will either have to stay at their school for a while, or maybe get fired and have to work their way up. My question is, does the carousel work properly. If I have 3 solid seasons at Arizona, take them to the Rose Bowl one year, win my division 2 years, and win 9+ games all three years while moving them to a 5 star program...will I start seeing my name on the short lists for top programs in the SEC/Big 10/ACC/Big 12....or do those go to coordinators.

In short, if the ultimate goal is to move on from our the schools we are starting at, are we wasting our time with CC? I like the idea of building up a 3* team, but if it is impossible to get job offers at Bama/Texas/OU/OSU/FSU/PSU/Florida ect.. then I would rather start somewhere else and just build them up (like Clemson). Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Your Experience with Coaching Carousel?

anyone?.....
Old 08-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

It seems to work fine, but if you play long enough at Arizona and bring them to 6-stars you might suddenly find the offers dry up because you're already at a top tier school.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
It seems to work fine, but if you play long enough at Arizona and bring them to 6-stars you might suddenly find the offers dry up because you're already at a top tier school.
See, I dont like that. If I bring Arizona to 6 stars I would expect to be high on the list for UF/Bama/OSU if their coach leaves. Those are clearly better programs regardless of prestige rating
Old 08-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
See, I dont like that. If I bring Arizona to 6 stars I would expect to be high on the list for UF/Bama/OSU if their coach leaves. Those are clearly better programs regardless of prestige rating
Why would people line up to offer a coach who is already at the top of the mountain?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Why would people line up to offer a coach who is already at the top of the mountain?
How is Arizona, even if they get to 6 stars the top of the mountain? That is an absurd statement. What coach would rather coach at Arizona then Bama/OSU/FL?
Old 08-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
How is Arizona, even if they get to 6 stars the top of the mountain? That is an absurd statement. What coach would rather coach at Arizona then Bama/OSU/FL?
Aaaaaaaaaaaand here's where this thread derails horribly.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Lots of coaches.
You've got a good recruiting area with California and the PAC12 is a little easier than the SEC.
Plus...your already a 6 star program. Your at the top already.

This is where the addition of facilities would be nice.
Then you could build Arizona a new stadium or update the uniforms, etc and then Arizona would truly be a 6 star program like a Bama, OSU or Florida.

That's always been the problem. You can turn Duke into a 6 star national powerhouse, but at the end of the day your still playing in a 30,000 seat stadium and it just takes away from the experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »