Home

For those complaining about the crowd noise..

This is a discussion on For those complaining about the crowd noise.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
For those complaining about the crowd noise..

So I used to be very upset with the crowd noise not being loud enough in this game, even after moving the crowd noise to 100 in the volume settings. But what you have to do is move crowd noise to 100 and then move down every other setting down about 30 points, and then just turn the volume to your TV up. It makes road games harder and more intense.

I played as #1 Alabama on the road at Arkansas, and the crowd and the band went nuts after every good play the Razorbacks did, and usually went silent after I got a first down or a good gain. 3rd downs were very loud, and with my young QB Phillip Sims, it was hard to concentrate pre-snap with the routes shaking and the noise. I ended up losing 17-14 in a great game that felt a lot more like a college football game with the atmosphere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: For those complaining about the crowd noise..

Yeah I have to admit I don't get all the crowd noise complaints. I did the same thing (not exactly what you did but the same principle). You just "rebalance" everything by making the crowd noise the highest.

The real issue is sometimes the crowd doesn't seem to react realistically in various situations, but overall it feels pretty good to me.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I shouldn't have to do this. If you read these forums it is pretty depressing. Look how many fixes and "work arounds" players have come up with to make the game playable.

2k11 has DTS surround sound. I have to turn my surround down a bit because it is so loud. This is out of the box.. no tinkering with settings..no turning my surround sound up to ridiculous levels.

All I see are excuses for EA and their terrible backwards mentality game design choices.

Last edited by alliance4g63; 08-08-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
I shouldn't have to do this. If you read these forums it is pretty depressing. Look how many fixes and "work arounds" players have come up with to make the game playable.

2k11 has DTS surround sound. I have to turn my surround down a but because it is so loud. This is out of the box.. no tinkering with settings..no turning my surround sound up to ridiculous levels.

All I see are excuses for EA and their terrible backwards mentality game design choices.

I agree with your post sir.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63

2k11 has DTS surround sound. I have to turn my surround down a but because it is so loud. This is out of the box.. no tinkering with settings..no turning my surround sound up to ridiculous levels.

I second those sentiments my friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have done the same as you, turn the crowd up and everything else down.
The only thing that gets me is that EA were promoting how they had "real, authentic" crowds this year. I remember seeing a video of them boasting about how a crowd of 5,000 would sound different than a crowd of 50,000. To me they both sound the same with little difference.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
Rookie

KH25's Arena

OVR: 2

It's not really about crowd NOISE with me, it's more an issue that the crowd doesn't react to what's going on on the field.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3

If the settings can be optimized that easily, why didn't the developers do it?! I think that is where some of the complaint comes from.

In any SEC game, cant speak for any other conferences, there should be a constant loud crowd noise. Noise levels should peak when the opposing offence is on the field right before the snap of the ball. Also there should be a crescendo as a big play develops on either side of the ball. I would also like to hear crowd cheers (not necessarily Bodegeda, but maybe some more generic ones like chanting Defense, or block that kick.) Also... how about some crowd reactions to controversial calls by the ref, or "OOOHHHH" after a big hit. And Mississippi State needs more cowbell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »