Home

PYS 2010 or 2011?

This is a discussion on PYS 2010 or 2011? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Rookie

Conneropsports's Arena

OVR: 1
PYS 2010 or 2011?

I'm new to the franchise, and was wanting to know the opinions of those who have played one or the other, or both. I don't really want to spend a TON on a video game, but if it's worth the price I'm pretty ok with it. I was leaning towards 2011 because obviously it's newer and the graphics are a little better than 2010's... but then I saw how the spiritstranslation.com website is designed for the 2010 edition... and it might be extremely hard to understand if 2011 isn't designed almost exactly like 2010 from a menu and layout perspective. So my question is... are the layouts and menus of the two games similar enough as to where I could get away with using the website to help me understand the 2011 edition? And my last question is which game do you guys prefer? Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
Rookie

sportsplosion's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PYS 2010 or 2011?

I'm looking into which one I should get as well. I think there will eventually be more resources for the 2011 version on that website, assuming it continues to be updated. However, I'm also very interested in Pro Yakyuu Spirits 6, the 2009 version, because it has all the World Baseball Classic teams. So my decision actually just got tougher.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Conneropsports's Arena

Yeah, I'm in the exact same boat as you man. I saw 2010 and 2011 and then was like, what?..... there's another too? With MLB players? Oh my gosh. This is getting too hard to pick one. haha. I hope someone has some good insight on persuading me one way or another.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have both, and I would say go with 2011. The graphics and animations improvements from 2010 to 2011 aren't a gigantic step up, but it's definitely a noticeable improvement. In-game presentation has been improved somewhat too.

If you're a fan of franchise modes, 2011 lets you play up to 20 seasons with a team. Also, the way you train your players and improve their skills throughout a season has been streamlined and made more intuitive.

The only negatives that 2011 had compared to 2010, was that it was a little too easy to hit homeruns, and there was also an issue with AI pitchers having some weird logic about checking runners at 1st. The homerun issue has been greatly improved through a patch. The AI pitchers checking/not checking runners seems to have been mostly fixed, or not, depending on who you ask. The thing is, the AI is supposed to learn your tendencies with trying to steal bases over the course of a season, so some people are reporting that it works fine, while others are still complaining that the AI pitchers never check their runners, so they can pretty much steal a base at will. I personally haven't been having this problem.

Hope this info helps you guys make your decision. Either way, you can't go wrong with Pro Yakyu Spirits. It truly is the best-playing, and most fun baseball game available, and worth every penny.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

If you decide to go with PYS 2010 I will sell it to you for a very reasonable price and it is basically brand new. I bought it a few months ago and only played it for about a week. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Conneropsports's Arena

Manny_Shevitz, are the menus in the two games completely different, or are they pretty similar? The reason I ask is because I was hoping they'd be similar so I could use spiritstranslation.com to get an idea of what everything means as far as Japanese characters and stuff... because the website was designed for the 2010 version. And another question, on the website, it says there are many unique player stances and windups... like Manny's, Big Papi's, Longoria, etc, as well as pitchers like Chapman, Rivera, and C.C.... are these stances in the 2011 game as well?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conneropsports
Manny_Shevitz, are the menus in the two games completely different, or are they pretty similar? The reason I ask is because I was hoping they'd be similar so I could use spiritstranslation.com to get an idea of what everything means as far as Japanese characters and stuff... because the website was designed for the 2010 version. And another question, on the website, it says there are many unique player stances and windups... like Manny's, Big Papi's, Longoria, etc, as well as pitchers like Chapman, Rivera, and C.C.... are these stances in the 2011 game as well?
There is a 2010 archive of spirits translation that will have everything you need.

As far as pickoffs they're in there. The CPU learns your tendencies so it may take 10 or so games but then it will be a hawk on pickoffs. I get picked off regularly.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Conneropsports's Arena

So I can use the spirit translation website for the 2011 edition? The menus are very similar I guess then? And do you know if the stances and windups are in the 2011 version?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »