Home

What is wrong with this game

This is a discussion on What is wrong with this game within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What is wrong with this game

this is the second copy ive owned so far and the same problem is happening. Throughout the game the baseball icon dissapears for pitching and if im lucky it will return. Like it wont let me pick any pitch. If anyone else has this same problem let me know otherwise im gonna return my ps3 and get a new one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
Rookie

yanksrule4ever's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What is wrong with this game

If I'm thinking of the right thing, you have to go to options and turn the pitching icon from fade to on.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksrule4ever
If I'm thinking of the right thing, you have to go to options and turn the pitching icon from fade to on.
This - RTFM. I think its the default setting if memory serves.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbadamo
this is the second copy ive owned so far and the same problem is happening. Throughout the game the baseball icon dissapears for pitching and if im lucky it will return. Like it wont let me pick any pitch. If anyone else has this same problem let me know otherwise im gonna return my ps3 and get a new one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksrule4ever
Luckily you didn't return a perfectly good PS3.

Yankees!! World Series Champs #27!!

Yankees~HEAT~Miami Hurricanes~Dolphins
Old 08-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Are you talking about he ball icon or the icon that gives the pitch options (that's the way I read it). I've had that disappear on me occasionally and I can never figure out what triggers it but it's always back for the next pitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #6
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

OVR: 1

I think he means the pitch selection area... I think this disappears if the opponent uses L3, but it can be brought back by stepping off.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #7
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

The pitch selection to the right will disappear at times if you hit the select button to look at the pitcher and hitter info. For me if that happens I just press X which most of the time is fastball and just step off the rubber and the graphic will reappear again. It is a bug that has been in the game for a number of years.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

The pitch selection for me disappears if I am on the XMB after a pitch, up until the point that it's supposed to display and then I back out of it. In other words, if I activate the XMB after a pitch, the animations will still play out until the next pitch is supposed to be selected, and then the game freezes in place (like if you want to snap a screenshot). If you do that, it won't appear again until the pitcher selects the next pitch (then you'll see it grayed out, as it's supposed to be). In the previous two years, it would stay disappeared for the entire next pitch.

I'll be honest, I'd love to have an option to turn those icons off while batting. Much like baserunner windows, having the pitch selection and the little icon telling me how to power swing turned off would be kind of nice, IMO. I'm not sure why, I'd just love to be able to disable them if possible.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »