Home

After 10 RTTS Seasons....

This is a discussion on After 10 RTTS Seasons.... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
After 10 RTTS Seasons....

....I finally got a pitch IN the strike zone when a hit and run was called......and promptly fouled it off......

Seriously, wut is the deal with the hit and run? Especially when my RTTS guy isn't in a slump, so I see no need to generate a way for me to get on base.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: After 10 RTTS Seasons....

Oh it took you 10 seasons? Interesting. I would say about 66% of the time I get a strike on a hit and run.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Oh it took you 10 seasons? Interesting. I would say about 66% of the time I get a strike on a hit and run.
I'm not even exaggerating tho....when I get a hit and run, I kno without fail its already a pitchout or the pitch is in the dirt/over my head. Tonite, the ball finally crossed the plate above my knees. It was outside tho, i couldn't really get to it anyway....And most of the time, my baserunner would be thrown out at 2nd
Old 08-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I always switch to contact swing when I get the hit & run sign, and while I have swung and missed a few times, I have also successfully gotten base hits - including perfect ground ball singles to where the fielder was leaving his spot to cover 2nd base (a ball that w/o the hit & run would have been a GiDP). In fact, I've gotten a couple of extra base hits on the call.

On the other hand, I've also swung & missed, had the runner be successful in his steal of 2nd, and on the very next pitch, he took off for 3rd (the bug that has already been reported). That one is very annoying.

Oh, and I've only played a few season-equivalents. 3 position players, each with about a season and a half.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbarian
I always switch to contact swing when I get the hit & run sign, and while I have swung and missed a few times, I have also successfully gotten base hits - including perfect ground ball singles to where the fielder was leaving his spot to cover 2nd base (a ball that w/o the hit & run would have been a GiDP). In fact, I've gotten a couple of extra base hits on the call.

On the other hand, I've also swung & missed, had the runner be successful in his steal of 2nd, and on the very next pitch, he took off for 3rd (the bug that has already been reported). That one is very annoying.

Oh, and I've only played a few season-equivalents. 3 position players, each with about a season and a half.
someone on OS told me if you swing and miss on the hit-n-run, before the NEXT pitch, press the DOWN button (d-pad) and you're player will ask for a timeout of sorts. That basically erases the hit-n-run signal being on. And the baserunner at 2nd won't steal 3rd
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »