Home

How tough is fixing scheduling logic?

This is a discussion on How tough is fixing scheduling logic? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
How tough is fixing scheduling logic?

I noticed that they did not correct the scheduling issues in dynasty as far as the scheduling of more conference games than is suppose to be scheduled.

For example, if you make a 12 team Big XII: some teams play 10 conference games, some play 8, some play 9.

If you do not touch custom conferences at all, some teams still schedule one more game in conference then they are suppose too.

I'm just curious if anybody on here knows how tough this is to fix?

Apparently its tougher than some of us think or they would have patched it. I'm overall happy with the patch news, but just wanting opinions on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How tough is fixing scheduling logic?

Hmm, I can't say how tough it is to fix the scheduling issues. Maybe one of those things where if they patch one aspect, another part becomes more broken and so on and so forth. So maybe this is as good as it gets ATM until they either find a way to make it work, or get the technology to make it work.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
Hmm, I can't say how tough it is to fix the scheduling issues. Maybe one of those things where if they patch one aspect, another part becomes more broken and so on and so forth. So maybe this is as good as it gets ATM until they either find a way to make it work, or get the technology to make it work.
It's understandable there are hiccups with this massive custom conference feature they are allowing but if you never touch the feature(lame since its one of the big features but I digress) due to these issues...the normal schedules should always be right as far as # of conference games played each year.

I'm sure it will be better next year...I hope
Old 08-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I have never had the issue and just take a look at my historical setups and you'll get the idea of some of what I'm doing. The issue probably lies in the insane amount of super conferences and the computer's reluctancy to schedule more than 1 FCS game OOC.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

One thing they've never had right is that Hawaii, because of the travel they have each year, is allowed an extra game. They always play 13 games + a bowl game when they are bowl eligible and yet, in the game, they never have had this correct.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
One thing they've never had right is that Hawaii, because of the travel they have each year, is allowed an extra game. They always play 13 games + a bowl game when they are bowl eligible and yet, in the game, they never have had this correct.
They don't have it for any teams. It's not just Hawai'i. Any team that goes to Hawai'i gets an extra game and they never schedule it. Logic is not easily programmed. I'd challenge any of you to develop a solid scheduling algorithm that schedules games amongst 120 teams separated into conferences with specific rules.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #7
MVP

This happens if you do NOTHING to the conferences though Doc. I get what you are saying about super conferences and that causing conflict...I get that, but if I change nothing...Auburn and Kentucky should not play 9 conference games with protected rivals on. USC and Oregon should not play 10 conference games in a 12 team Pac 12.

I am honestly to the point where I'm down for 12 10 team conferences(even having having 10 Independents, etc). That way they all SHOULD play 9 conference games, as I've never seen a team play another team from their conference TWICE LOL but I'd have to test and make sure that say the SEC....going from 12 to 10 would still give me a trophy for winning it, and update the amount of conference titles on the historical section on ur team info. (Yeah, unfortunately those are big to me, I'm hardcore lol).
Old 08-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
I have never had the issue and just take a look at my historical setups and you'll get the idea of some of what I'm doing. The issue probably lies in the insane amount of super conferences and the computer's reluctancy to schedule more than 1 FCS game OOC.
Move Houston and SMU to the Big 12, changing nothing else, and this problem still exists. Move TCU, UCF, and ECU to the Big East, changing nothing else, and this problem still exists. It's not just the size of conferences. Conference scheduling logic is broken for 12-team or higher custom leagues.

I still say that your custom setup's success is due to the high number of independents, which allows for flexible scheduling. You also don't have that many 12-team conferences... yet.

I've NEVER had an issue with the default setup though. If you touch nothing on the custom conferences, it won't change anything, but if you even open the info, it does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »