Home

What do I need to do to throw Alley-Oops?

This is a discussion on What do I need to do to throw Alley-Oops? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What do I need to do to throw Alley-Oops?

I am trying to find a play or run an offense to where I can set guys up for alleys. I have been running different plays in practice but nothing is even close to allowing for an alley oop to happen.

Do you guys know what play I should run or what I should do to incorporate this into the offense?

Thanks in advance

NBA 2K11- Cleavland Cavs 3-0

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS FAN FOR LIFE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What do I need to do to throw Alley-Oops?

alley oops are hard to do in a half court situation because the paint is usually somewhat clogged and the ball usually gets tipped or the player you're trying to pass it to gets bumped by a defender....alley oops are best saved for fast breaks....but if you really want to try alley oops in half court, maybe your best bet is to call isolation to clear the paint...then call a pick and roll and try to oop it to the roller.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
alley oops are hard to do in a half court situation because the paint is usually somewhat clogged and the ball usually gets tipped or the player you're trying to pass it to gets bumped by a defender....alley oops are best saved for fast breaks....but if you really want to try alley oops in half court, maybe your best bet is to call isolation to clear the paint...then call a pick and roll and try to oop it to the roller.
Thanks for the feed back! I have found throwing them in the half court offense to be painful. You are right, the player you are throwing to has to have a completely clear path to the basket, and a player can tip it if he is even close and that screws it all up.

The only thing is, I am sure I have seen a play that was designed for an alley oop but I cannot remember what it was. Seems like alley was even in the name of the play haha.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

I haven't played with them in a while, but the T'wolves had a play that would set up an alley oop. I don't even know what roster I was playing with and if the playbooks had been moved around, but there is one that is specifically for the oop in a half court setting.

It was pretty cool when I pulled it off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I haven't played with them in a while, but the T'wolves had a play that would set up an alley oop. I don't even know what roster I was playing with and if the playbooks had been moved around, but there is one that is specifically for the oop in a half court setting.

It was pretty cool when I pulled it off.
Awesome! That is exactly what I need. Is their a way if I can find this play that I can put into another team's playbook?

Thanks for the feed back!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcats55
Thanks for the feed back! I have found throwing them in the half court offense to be painful. You are right, the player you are throwing to has to have a completely clear path to the basket, and a player can tip it if he is even close and that screws it all up.

The only thing is, I am sure I have seen a play that was designed for an alley oop but I cannot remember what it was. Seems like alley was even in the name of the play haha.
Yup, the Heat have a play called "21 Alley" which I think is for Wade, when he's the point guard on the default rosters of this game. Because on the updated rosters it's run for Bibby which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I recreated the 2010 Suns and on the default rosters Jason Richardson has a play called "12 Lob" which I would say I can get an alley oop dunk about 50 percent of the time from the half court set. Basically J-Rich runs his defender through a screen and you lob the ball (LT+B) right before he gets into the lane and with Nash's ability to pass and J-Rich's own vertical he'll pretty much throw it down as long as he's in the vicinity and his defender isn't around.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo SB Guy
Yup, the Heat have a play called "21 Alley" which I think is for Wade, when he's the point guard on the default rosters of this game. Because on the updated rosters it's run for Bibby which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I recreated the 2010 Suns and on the default rosters Jason Richardson has a play called "12 Lob" which I would say I can get an alley oop dunk about 50 percent of the time from the half court set. Basically J-Rich runs his defender through a screen and you lob the ball (LT+B) right before he gets into the lane and with Nash's ability to pass and J-Rich's own vertical he'll pretty much throw it down as long as he's in the vicinity and his defender isn't around.
Awesome! That sounds nasty. I like Nash dishing the alleys too. Can I add either of these plays to a playbook of another team? Say the Thunder, or Clippers?

Old 08-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcats55
Awesome! That sounds nasty. I like Nash dishing the alleys too. Can I add either of these plays to a playbook of another team? Say the Thunder, or Clippers?
Yes. I'm pretty sure all the plays in this game you can add to any team. It's a little tricky finding them but it's there. One of the few small criticisms I have of this game in an otherwise almost perfect basketball video game is it's hard to find specific plays.

Last edited by Tecmo SB Guy; 08-02-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the end of my sentence there

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »