Home

What are your plans for your franchise this year?

This is a discussion on What are your plans for your franchise this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
MVP

kc2135's Arena

OVR: 8
What are your plans for your franchise this year?

I always like to read everyone's plans on how the will manage their team in franchise mode each year.

I am going to start a Cowboys franchise. The first thing I will do is make Murray the full time rb and have Felix handle 3rd downs. I think I am going to draft Robert Griffin from Baylor and let him learn from Romo for a few years, and try to address wr and safety either by free agents or in the draft. What is everyone else planning ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are your plans for your franchise this year?

Bills-
QB-Probably going to draft Fitzy's replacement in the upcoming draft (hopefully I get Landry Jones or Matt Barkley unless we have a meltdown and get Andrew Luck)
HB-Completely set at HB with 3 solid backs
WR-We have a lot of depth but Lee hasn't produced and Stevie is more of a solid #2 WR IMO so maybe we can get a true #1 in an upcoming draft. No rush for this though...
TE-Desperately need a TE and haven't had a solid one in forever
OL-Interior OL looks good to go, but we could use a good veteran RT to hold the spot until Chris Hairston (4th round pick) is ready. If he doesn't pan out then this is another big need.
DL-DL looks up and coming with Dareus and will be good from the start, maybe even great in a year or 2.
OLB-We still need an elite pass rusher across from Merriman. Also lack depth at the position.
ILB-Have a lot of veteran depth and will do for now but in a couple of years we will need to restock
CB-No issue here
FS-Set for years
SS-Has potential with DaNorris Searcy (4th rounder out of UNC, 220 lbs of awesome) and solid veteran in George Wilson

Basically our most immediate needs as of right now are QB,OT, and ILB
Old 08-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Steelers-

a)Shore up the O-line
b) Sign and/or trade for a solid corner or two
c) Drafting a stud NT to eventually replace Hampton
d)Sign some backups that are good in special teams
e)Drafting a ILB to eventually replace Farrior
f)Signing a backup to Mendenhall
Old 08-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Rookie

jcruzado's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm starting one with the dolphins and the first thing I'm going to do is trade for a qb after that i can manage.they got a solid o-line and a good defense.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
Bills-
QB-Probably going to draft Fitzy's replacement in the upcoming draft (hopefully I get Landry Jones or Matt Barkley unless we have a meltdown and get Andrew Luck)
HB-Completely set at HB with 3 solid backs
WR-We have a lot of depth but Lee hasn't produced and Stevie is more of a solid #2 WR IMO so maybe we can get a true #1 in an upcoming draft. No rush for this though...
TE-Desperately need a TE and haven't had a solid one in forever
OL-Interior OL looks good to go, but we could use a good veteran RT to hold the spot until Chris Hairston (4th round pick) is ready. If he doesn't pan out then this is another big need.
DL-DL looks up and coming with Dareus and will be good from the start, maybe even great in a year or 2.
OLB-We still need an elite pass rusher across from Merriman. Also lack depth at the position.
ILB-Have a lot of veteran depth and will do for now but in a couple of years we will need to restock
CB-No issue here
FS-Set for years
SS-Has potential with DaNorris Searcy (4th rounder out of UNC, 220 lbs of awesome) and solid veteran in George Wilson

Basically our most immediate needs as of right now are QB,OT, and ILB

yeah that

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Steelers-

a) Shore up the O-line
b) Sign and/or trade for a solid corner or two
c) Drafting a stud NT to eventually replace Hampton
d) Sign some backups that are good in special teams
e) Drafting a ILB to eventually replace Farrior
f) Signing a backup to Mendenhall
I'll be doing much of the same in my franchise.

DEFENSE
Main Goal: Replace aging starters little by little
-Groom Ziggy and Heyward to replace Keisel and Smith.
-Trade Harrison (I'm personally done with him)
-Sign a top CB (Possible with a Harrison trade)

OFFENSE
Main Goal: Fill the gaps in the O-line
-Bring in a big WR (Unless the Steelers actually do so in FA, I'm done with Sweed)
-Maybe bring back Starks

SPECIAL TEAMS
-Go out and get a quality Kicker
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

well so far the browns have filled most spots i was gonna like rb got jackson dl we got bunkley and signed few of our own guys now just need sign wr and cb and i wont have do nothing lol.also got more depth on our o-line also.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I'll be doing much of the same in my franchise.

DEFENSE
Main Goal: Replace aging starters little by little
-Groom Ziggy and Heyward to replace Keisel and Smith.
-Trade Harrison (I'm personally done with him)
-Sign a top CB (Possible with a Harrison trade)

OFFENSE
Main Goal: Fill the gaps in the O-line
-Bring in a big WR (Unless the Steelers actually do so in FA, I'm done with Sweed)
-Maybe bring back Starks

SPECIAL TEAMS
-Go out and get a quality Kicker

I know Harrison is a ticking time bomb but i love that guy! lol.....With the recent waves of injuries to Smith, Hood has been receiving quality playing time so im not so much worried about him...i know the 3-4 isnt condusive for DE's gettin sacks but i hope heyward shows some flashes of brilliance in his rookie year in that department to help out the linebackers....as far as the secondary is considered, idk what to say anymore...Our cornerbacks have to be the worst in the league as far as any playoff teams go.....Taylor is decent but he can't catch a ball to save his life..McFadden and Gay are......*insert a negative adjective here*....Same goes for the O-line....have to be the worst group of pass-protectors on planet earth...i know ben holds onto the ball for too long sometimes but come on guys..do ur job!....depending on how starks is doin in his rehab, i'd like to have him back as well..with plax being off the market, i dont see the steelers going after any big wr...unless u want malcolm floyd...not in the steelers DNA to sign any free agent to big contracts so dont hold ur breath....last but not least, kickers dont grow on trees so might havta bring back suisham who was halfway decent

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »