Home

Old 07-31-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
Rookie

marshmont's Arena

OVR: 0
Slugfest

I just played the craziest game. I've never seen anything like it and I've played several hundred games. I was the Red Sox playing the Jays at Fenway. The Jays took the lead several times during the game on bombs but I kept coming back. In the 6th inning I finally took a 3 run lead, 7-4 and thought I was in pretty good shape. Little did I know what would happen next.

I lost the lead. That was almost predictable. The Jays then took a 9-7 lead. Again I tied the game at 9. Going into the bottom of the 9th the Jays led 13-10. I figured the game was over but I ended up winning the game 14-13 on a Pedroia walk-off homer!

What was so remarkable about this game is that both teams combined for 15 home runs. In real life the record is 12. Most of the season I've struggled to score runs. Just the other day I beat Tampa Bay 1-0. After about the 10th homerun I just started laughing. After the Jays went up 13-10 I wanted to throw my controller at the TV. In the end it turned out to be the best game I've ever played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Slugfest

In my Braves franchise during a series against the Nationals, I had Prado hit a home run in the lead off spot, Chipper gets a double, then Brian McCann hits a home run. Without an out.

Dan Uggla draws a walk (it's funny cause his average is similar to real life in my franchise), Jason hits a single, and then Nate McClouth launches a three run homer. Without an out.

Wait wait, I'm not done yet. Alex Gonzalez launches a solo homer. Freddie Freeman launches a solo homer. Then Tim Hudson draws a walk. Without an out.

Prado manages a triple in his second at bat in the first inning which brings in Tim, and Chipper grounds out. McCann launches ANOTHER home run, and Dan Uggla proceeds to strike out. Two outs left.

Jason, McClouth and Gonzalez all fire off home runs one after the other until Freddie Freeman fly outs to left field to end the inning. The first inning.

Fourteen runs in the first inning alone. I was playing on All-Star with standard sliders. Talk about an inning. The final score ended up being 24-8 and I pulled Hudson in the eight inning.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklar
In my Braves franchise during a series against the Nationals, I had Prado hit a home run in the lead off spot, Chipper gets a double, then Brian McCann hits a home run. Without an out.

Dan Uggla draws a walk (it's funny cause his average is similar to real life in my franchise), Jason hits a single, and then Nate McClouth launches a three run homer. Without an out.

Wait wait, I'm not done yet. Alex Gonzalez launches a solo homer. Freddie Freeman launches a solo homer. Then Tim Hudson draws a walk. Without an out.

Prado manages a triple in his second at bat in the first inning which brings in Tim, and Chipper grounds out. McCann launches ANOTHER home run, and Dan Uggla proceeds to strike out. Two outs left.

Jason, McClouth and Gonzalez all fire off home runs one after the other until Freddie Freeman fly outs to left field to end the inning. The first inning.

Fourteen runs in the first inning alone. I was playing on All-Star with standard sliders. Talk about an inning. The final score ended up being 24-8 and I pulled Hudson in the eight inning.
I've never seen anything like this! LOL!

I think I scored 8 runs in an inning once; I've also batted around a few times before, but I definitely don't recall having an inning like the one described above.

That's pretty awesome.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

I scored 21 runs against the Mariners with the Indians. 10 walks, and 4 homeruns in the game, along with a slew of doubles allowed me to have 3 big innings to give me a comfortable 21-7 win. Talk about a football score.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
I've never seen anything like this! LOL!

I think I scored 8 runs in an inning once; I've also batted around a few times before, but I definitely don't recall having an inning like the one described above.

That's pretty awesome.
Scored 9 once in the first inning, no homers, just well placed hits and a few walks.

Also scored 8 another time, and heard Campbell say something to the effect of "They just put a snowman up on the scoreboard."
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »