Home

Is EA secretly building a new game engine for madden?

This is a discussion on Is EA secretly building a new game engine for madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Is EA secretly building a new game engine for madden?

I don't know about you guys but I have the feeling that EA is building a new engine for Madden and maybe physics based. They say they listen to the community and everyone on this forum knows how some people criticize madden with 2k5 and sometimes backbreaker. I think Madden has been developing a new engine without telling anyone knowing it will take more than a year or 2 to fully complete the engine. You have to figure something major on the level of a new engine would come soon when the exclusive rights are going to run up. I don't believe it will be next year but EA has said when they release Madden 12 they would have already been working on Madden 13 which is odd by them who are usually quiet. I'm thinking something like a dynamic commentary system to be the biggest feature for madden 13. I believe the deal runs up in 2013 so could Madden 14 be the madden that completely changes our madden experience? what do you guys think? Im not no inside source or anything, it just seems like this would be a logical financial move by EA and a major overhaul when competiton would be introduced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Is EA secretly building a new game engine for madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
I don't know about you guys but I have the feeling that EA is building a new engine for Madden and maybe physics based. They say they listen to the community and everyone on this forum knows how some people criticize madden with 2k5 and sometimes backbreaker. I think Madden has been developing a new engine without telling anyone knowing it will take more than a year or 2 to fully complete the engine. You have to figure something major on the level of a new engine would come soon when the exclusive rights are going to run up. I don't believe it will be next year but EA has said when they release Madden 12 they would have already been working on Madden 13 which is odd by them who are usually quiet. I'm thinking something like a dynamic commentary system to be the biggest feature for madden 13. I believe the deal runs up in 2013 so could Madden 14 be the madden that completely changes our madden experience? what do you guys think? Im not no inside source or anything, it just seems like this would be a logical financial move by EA and a major overhaul when competiton would be introduced.
Are they working on future technology? Yes, that was the point of bring in the 2nd team of devs. It gives them a head start for each cycle starting with Madden 13. Some of the games modes take in excess of a year to completely over haul (offline franchise was like 18 months I believe). So theoretically the 2nd team or "future" team can start working towards Madden 13 while the "live" team was working on M12. That way when 12 was finished, some of the tech was already built for 13 and it allows for more to be put into each cycle. Up through Madden 12 they really have been handcuffed by time constraints.

I don't know that they are working on a new gameplay engine, but they are certainly able to work ahead now which leads to faster coding with the base already in place each cycle.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

if 2k was still around, the second dev team would have been the case all along. i don't know if it's due to the deal running out and i don't care. it's just nice to hear that they're actually trying again.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Probably not this console cycle. Rumors are that the new xbox could come out as early as next holiday. They're just going to have to start all over at that point. I have no doubt they're investing in new tech that will be physics based, but I wouldn't expect to see it until next gen.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Rookie

TomZeWolf's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Probably not this console cycle. Rumors are that the new xbox could come out as early as next holiday. They're just going to have to start all over at that point. I have no doubt they're investing in new tech that will be physics based, but I wouldn't expect to see it until next gen.
With Kinect recently being released on 360, I doubt that.

In response to the thread, we probably won't see this new tech in its full spawn until next gen probably.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

We won't see a new engine this gen. I would bet on it. I am sure they are already working on a new engine for next gen. There have been rumors that dev kits are already being sent out.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Tha_BlacKnight's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
I don't know about you guys but I have the feeling that EA is building a new engine for Madden and maybe physics based. They say they listen to the community and everyone on this forum knows how some people criticize madden with 2k5 and sometimes backbreaker. I think Madden has been developing a new engine without telling anyone knowing it will take more than a year or 2 to fully complete the engine.
Wishfull thinking there. Thats like hoping the Chicago Bears front office has a plan to address their O line.

6'8 220 Point Guard Ovr rating 62
College: The Citadel 2009-12

Career PPG 12.4, RPG 6.9, APG 11.2 (1521 asts)
89 career dbl dbls, 21 career triple doubles

4X All-Conf, 10-11 Conf POY, 08-09 Conf Frosh of the year, Frosh All Conf
Old 07-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
Rookie

rockbottom3's Arena

OVR: 6

who needs an oline when you can just use cutler as a sack dummy to improve the other teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »