Home

is roster glitch real? need some help on this topic

This is a discussion on is roster glitch real? need some help on this topic within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
Rookie

eamuscatuli15's Arena

OVR: 7
is roster glitch real? need some help on this topic

Can someone clarify this roster glitch situation for me? haven't been able to play much or read much on here...does it affect game play or sim play?

and if so is it best to use an unnamed roster right now for dynasty? i just like to start up a dynasty to play and get comfortable with the game since that's what i'll be spending all my time on during season...

so i wanna play in dynasty with the most realistic rosters and gameplay out there right now?

any help on these questions would be great
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
NCAA Football: Nebraska Cornhuskers
HS Football: Rolla High School Bulldogs '95 (12-1)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: is roster glitch real? need some help on this topic

yes, EA has acknowledged it and is working on a fix.

People saying that it does not exist are either working for EA or are trying so hard to like the game despite its being broken that they have engaged in a process of self-deception (as humans are prone to doing).

http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/07/22...fixed-in-patch
Old 07-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I think the guys/gals here at OS need to be better about filtering out the more speculative posts and highlight the facts.

Otherwise we risk letting important issues slip through the cracks and/or get lost in the chaos of misinformation.

THERE IS A GLITCH

YOU CAN WORK AROUND IT IF YOU CHOOSE

IT BETTER GET FIXED BECAUSE CURRENTLY THE GAME IS BROKEN
Old 07-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Rookie

eamuscatuli15's Arena

OVR: 7

so right now the best thing to do to play a dynasty would be to just use the original game roster/ or is there a better roster out there has used a work around that is playable within dynasty mode?

thanks for the help on this fellas...so busy with work that i'm not able to follow OS daily and stay up to date.
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
NCAA Football: Nebraska Cornhuskers
HS Football: Rolla High School Bulldogs '95 (12-1)

Old 07-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

For starters I don't work for EA sports, I'm a high school history teacher and coach. Their is a glitch with the roster were tendencies are being switched on the roster screen. An example is Michigan QB#16, D. Robinson, may show that he is listed as a "Scrambler" on the edit ratings page but on the roster page next to his name and under his height it will say he is a "Balanced" QB. It is happening at every position but only between 2 of the 3 tendencies with 1 tendency being left alone. For QB's it is the "Pocket Passers".

Now how does this effect game play? Well in the game a player will react to his tendencies. So D-Rob, listed as "Balanced", will not tuck and run as much. Now makes some minor edits to his ratings, I upped his strength rating a few points and didn't raise his overall a single point, to make the roster screen to show him as a "Scrambler". Now D-Rob plays like he does on the numbered rosters. I spent about an hour editing all the QB's on named roster file I have. Now if I play against Michigan, cpu controlled, then D-Rob will run through holes when pressured.

As for the recruits the problem shows up there as well. I have yet to get past the first season since I just started my dynasty. I will see how things go but I'm willing to spend a little time editing incoming recruits if I have too.

I understand why some people may feel like this issue kills the game for them. As for me I remember that the names listed on the game are not the real people. It's a video game. With the right slider set this game is fun. I'm not going to wait a month to play a game I want to play now. Each gamer has to decide their own limits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
What NCAA is this?

Sorry for being clueless ,but I'm assuming this is happening in NCAA 12 is this correct or is this something that came up in NCAA 11.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Here's the main problem. The player tendencies of incoming recruits flip in dynasty. You're better off waiting to play your real dynasty when the patch comes out.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 07-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

It's nt jus qbs that it effects either. All positions get switched. Play a game without being signed in as your profile. Then be amazed at how much better the game is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »