Home

No Hitter or Perfect Game

This is a discussion on No Hitter or Perfect Game within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-26-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Rookie

raggBAGG's Arena

OVR: 2
No Hitter or Perfect Game

Just read MC2's perfect game thread (congrats!) and wanted to ask how many people actually accomplished this? I've tried so many times and can never get passed the 2nd inning without giving up a hit. Does anyone have any tips or anything? I play on All Star and am very strict about not switching up my sliders or difficulty level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Banned

mondoguitar's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: No Hitter or Perfect Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggBAGG
Just read MC2's perfect game thread (congrats!) and wanted to ask how many people actually accomplished this? I've tried so many times and can never get passed the 2nd inning without giving up a hit. Does anyone have any tips or anything? I play on All Star and am very strict about not switching up my sliders or difficulty level.
I've gone into the 8th inning several times. Just seems like the deck is stacked against you in the last 2 innings.

But I ran 2-seamers up and in, catching high inside corner. I'd throw sliders down and away. Cutters inside. You basically have to hit the corners dead on and be perfect. That's how I've thrown 8 innings of no-hit baseball anyways. I'd probably have a no-hitter by now, but I've been pulled a lot too in the 8th (even with a no-hitter). Definitely not easy. Online, I probably have 3 perfect games, but that's a different ball-game. Threw a 15 inning complete game with Guthrie at 150 pitches.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

No perfecto's and only one no hitter. They never really cross my mind, looking more for the win personally!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

I just pitched my first no hitter last night with Brandon Morrow against the Astros..I had a perfect game going into the 8th until I four pitched walked Pence.
I was tired out of my mind and just pitching low in the zone and just kind of forgot about the no-no until the 8th-9th inning..I'm glad it was the Astros any other team would have broken it up. First one ever on psychos sliders and knights rosters, I was just zoned in like never before in all the years of this game just a weird perfect timing kind of thing..It just cemented me to this Jays franchise..
Old 07-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #5
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

I believe if my memory serves me correctly (never does FYI) I have gotten 1 perfect game every release of The Show since '07, and only 1 no hitter and i think it was last years release.

I have not gotten one this year, however i have only played like 60 games or so. The farthest i have gotten is a perfect game through 6 and I always give up the hit to the lead-off hitter.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 12:54 AM   #6
Rookie

iamthepro's Arena

OVR: 7

I threw a perfecto on 09 in a AA game in RTTS. 9 Ks. I just kinda pitched, I dont remeber how or what i threw.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:57 AM   #7
Bic
Rookie

OVR: 2

Still no perfect game or no-no for me yet.

I usually will make it to inning 8 with a no-no, or 7 innings perfect.

It will end after I put up a couple runs the previous inning.

you know how it goes.

FIRST pitch next inning, back door slider, out of strike zone..CPU PULLS it for 2B.

Blood pressure jumps. Then you realize is only a game.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:07 AM   #8
Pro

Patriots1996's Arena

OVR: 9
My first start in RttS MLB for St Louis last night vs Chicago cubs went 7 perfect. My top of the 7th I singled to drive in 2nd and 3rd. My first pitch to them after is low and away out of the zone and the CPU decides to put it exactly in the middle of the alley in right center.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »