Home

Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

This is a discussion on Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3
Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

I dont know whether it's the super human linebacker jumps, or the super human speed on zone coverage, or the psychic DB's or whatever it is but it's just not fun to throw. Running game feels about right but passing just blows. I'm so gun shy throwing because I know even if I guy is open (which is rare) some crazy thing is going to happen resulting in a pick. I also think the throwing animation takes a bit too long resulting in more sacks than should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Bottom line - passing game just isn't fun

I agree on so many levels. If I knew you in real life, I'd hit that with the fury of a thousand gods.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

The things I agree with are the psychic defensive players and the long throwing animation mixed with 'improved' pass rush makes it difficult, but it also feels a hell of a lot better to break 300/400 yards when your being given the challenge. I just wish EA knew how to make a game difficult without making it cheat.

It's difficult, not impossible. Lead passing and knowing when to bullet and lob goes a long way.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think you can file this under be careful what you wish for.Can it be frustrating sure,but in time like any other game you'll get it figured out,and it won't be so much of an issue anymore.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
The things I agree with are the psychic defensive players and the long throwing animation mixed with 'improved' pass rush makes it difficult, but it also feels a hell of a lot better to break 300/400 yards when your being given the challenge. I just wish EA knew how to make a game difficult without making it cheat.

It's difficult, not impossible. Lead passing and knowing when to bullet and lob goes a long way.
This is my sentiment exactly. I appreciate a good challenge, but EA has done it by making it cheat, which I don't appreciate. Timing routes are a joke because you never know if the DB is going to go psychic and jump it without ever looking at the ball. The game lulls you to sleep and encourages you to pass over the middle because the LBs will run around like morons 5 plays in a row, and on play 6 they'll suddenly reverse their momentum to knock a ball down 8 feet in the air. If you want to complete a deep pass, you better call a play with only one deep route and hope he gets open quickly, because if you don't get sacked, as soon as you release the ball, every DB not even facing the QB will suddenly change direction to try to break it up.

What makes it so difficult for me to stomach is that these are basic football fundamentals. Timing, match ups, and position are the collective foundation of football, and they generally mean nothing in EA football games anymore. 2k wasn't perfect, and I'm not going to delude myself into thinking that it was. There were certain routes that didn't work or didn't work well (slants and drags for instance). To me, though, the difference was that they didn't work because the defense was always in position to stop them. That's frustrating and not exactly realistic, but at least it was physically possible.

When I play this game and continually see this that are not even physically possible, I end up not even trusting the plays that are possible but improbable. It just ruins the whole experience. I've usually been able to get over it for the sake of Dynasty mode, but there are so many bugs and freezes this year that I'm seriously considering getting rid of the game. Which is a shame, because for the first time in perhaps ever, the running and tackling actually feel really good (even if the line interactions still suck).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would rather it be harder to throw like it is this year than too easy like all other years.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

why do people call them super LB ers they hardly get of the ground it's the height of the ball....p.s love the passing in pass years i wouls have to dumb down my passing not now...love it
Old 07-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
why do people call them super LB ers they hardly get of the ground it's the height of the ball....p.s love the passing in pass years i wouls have to dumb down my passing not now...love it
They are called super linebackers because they make impossible plays routinely. Examples: running full speed one way then breaking up a bullet pass thrown behind them, breaking up passes thrown to a player 20 or 30 yards away, the ridiculous awareness of all of the defensive players this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »