Home

Next year's rosters....

This is a discussion on Next year's rosters.... within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Next year's rosters....

PS3 users, we need to set up a schedule so we can do our own community rosters.... all the bitching, along with less than spectacular rosters has prompted me to figure something out for all of us....

i say we get a list of 60 guys/girls that would be willing to do 2 teams each.... starting at 12:30 release night next year, we update our two designated teams, naming players, editing player size, changing their hometown, editing equipment, updating positions, etc.... basically editing everything about each team you are responsible for to make them as dead on accurate as possible....

with the schedule, we would know exactly who's turn it is to edit their team, then who they are to pass it along to also... if we would average 2 hours per team, we could have VERY ACCURATE rosters 10 days after release day, which is about the exact same amount of time it took for gator and buckeye to finish their less than perfect attempt at rosters...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Banned

IkkyFace's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Next year's rosters....

Thing is, you have to pass the file around, not everyone can work on it at the same time
Old 07-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Banned

for example, i'd start as soon as i got home with the game with LSU and Tulane, then call up the next person on the list after I upload the roster to my locker, let them know they can download what I just did, then they do their two teams (say, Alabama and Troy), and then they upload to their locker, call the next person, and so on....

i'd like to have 120 individuals, all actual fans of each and every team (although it'd be tough to find E. Michigan fans) since the fans of each team actually follow their team closely, know the players, depth chart, incoming recruits, position changes, number changes, etc.

but organizing 120 people would be tough, so I figure either 40 people at 3 teams each or 60 people at 2 teams each would be more likely....

if we organize it now, or a little closer to release day next year, we could be better prepared and go into it knowing exactly what to expect and what do when we get the game....
Old 07-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkkyFace
Thing is, you have to pass the file around, not everyone can work on it at the same time
i know that... once we get 40 or 60 people, we would compile a list of the people, along with email addresses, phone numbers, PSN ID's, etc. so we could alert the next person on the list it's their turn to edit their teams.... it's not beyond the realm of possibility to get this organized...

i don't mind compiling the list and getting the information from everyone and out to everyone....

i'm just tired of lackluster rosters, and Luv's take way too long to come out.... this is the only solution i truly see....

even if it's completed two weeks post-release, it's still more accurate, better looking rosters than we have now, 10 days after release, and it eliminates the need for new, updated versions....
Old 07-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm interested. I had a post like this the other day. If we pick teams i'll take Kstate and KU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Banned

simply put, i want every team to be as accurate as I make LSU, but I don't know about the Washington's, Boston College's, UTEP's, etc. of the world enough to make their rosters as good as i can LSU...

however, a fan of Washington or Boston College or even UTEP can update their team like I do for LSU, then we could just pass the file around until completed.... the only problem is keeping it moving forward, as to not have 2 or 3 people trying to do the same teams or trying to do their teams at the same time.... that's why if we could organize it way ahead of time, everyone would know exactly what day they should be getting the file, what teams they are working on, and who to pass the file along to....
Old 07-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

I'd be interested in doing this. I could do Tennessee and another team. Miami, Arkansas State, or any other SEC team would be good.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I was thinking that some PS3 community rosters would be a good idea. Nothing at all against Buckeye's rosters. Those guys do a great job. I just think community rosters stand a chance at being accurate quicker because like you said, fans of those schools know them much better. The issue I can see is people rating players improperly with all the changes that would be necessary. There would have to be some kind of standards and discussion from the community about who should be rated what.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »