Home

How does Classic pitching work?

This is a discussion on How does Classic pitching work? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
How does Classic pitching work?

What I'm really asking is when are you supposed to release the ball with Classic pitching?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
Rookie

Bronxzoo29's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How does Classic pitching work?

You pick your pitch with the face buttons and/or R1 sometimes. After you do this put the ball where you want to and simply press the x button.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxzoo29
You pick your pitch with the face buttons and/or R1 sometimes. After you do this put the ball where you want to and simply press the x button.
I know that, my question is when to release the ball, when to release the X button for accuracy? Isn't there some release point that you're supposed to use as a guide?
Old 07-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
I know that, my question is when to release the ball, when to release the X button for accuracy? Isn't there some release point that you're supposed to use as a guide?
You are not determining release point with classic pitching. You are holding X to determine how much effort you are putting behind a pitch. If you have rumble enabled you will feel a rumble when max effort is achieved and can let go. Applying varying degrees of effort by holding X for a shorter or longer period of time will affect how the pitch reacts. Also remember the pitch icon in the zone tells you where the pitch will break not end up.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You are not determining release point with classic pitching. You are holding X to determine how much effort you are putting behind a pitch. If you have rumble enabled you will feel a rumble when max effort is achieved and can let go. Applying varying degrees of effort by holding X for a shorter or longer period of time will affect how the pitch reacts. Also remember the pitch icon in the zone tells you where the pitch will break not end up.
I thought the rumble was the ideal time of release not the max effort. Maybe that's why I am leading the league in walks by a large margin and have 10's for pitching control and consistency in my sliders.

I'm going to try and allow my pitchers to release before the rumble and see if that helps. Thanks for the info Nem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The rumble is so short that most times I can't hit it. I don't think hitting the rumble for slow pitches or even sliders is a good idea. I tried practice and seems like for slow pitches and sliders you need to go before the rumble.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #7
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Few discussion threads on Classic pitching that might help the OP.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...w-strikes.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-pitching.html
Old 07-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
Thanks for posting those links. Some real good information there, but also some confusing issues. Would be great if they had a tutorial on Classic pitching for 2011 version.

I still need to finish reading that first link which has quite a few pages, the others were relatively short. Thanks again for those links.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »