Home

How do you slide throw

This is a discussion on How do you slide throw within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you slide throw

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody knows how to slide throw. Like a SS or 2B to get a quik throwe to 1st. Someone told me it is automatic but I have played 125 plus games and only did it once. and that was a spring training game. I use analog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: How do you slide throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrizzo222
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody knows how to slide throw. Like a SS or 2B to get a quik throwe to 1st. Someone told me it is automatic but I have played 125 plus games and only did it once. and that was a spring training game. I use analog.
Based on ratings each fielder has a portfolio so to speak of fielding animations that is available to them. So if you have a SS or 2B that has a higher rating there is more of a chance that you will see that type of play occur if the situation is warranted. It will be automatic and there really is no sure fire way to trigger it on any consistent basis.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:43 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

thats something that should be changed for 2012 than to make it realistic. and of course speed and fielding ability should effect the sucess of it happening.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Based on ratings each fielder has a portfolio so to speak of fielding animations that is available to them. So if you have a SS or 2B that has a higher rating there is more of a chance that you will see that type of play occur if the situation is warranted. It will be automatic and there really is no sure fire way to trigger it on any consistent basis.
I don't think its automatic. I have only did it once, and it was when I pressed slide, with Stephen Drew, when the ball was hit towards 3B.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
I don't think its automatic. I have only did it once, and it was when I pressed slide, with Stephen Drew, when the ball was hit towards 3B.
It is a CPU induced animation based on ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

With the fielding, I think the players should have more momentum, for example when running into the wall it looks choppy when the animation is trying to catch up. The other thing I think momentum and acceleration should be incorporated for fielders moving instead of the "auto-sprint" being used now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »