Home

Is Madden 2012 gonna play like NCAA '12?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 2012 gonna play like NCAA '12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
Rookie

MoneyMonti's Arena

OVR: 0
Is Madden 2012 gonna play like NCAA '12?

I have been looking at a lot of NCAA '12 footage and it looks good. The AI is smart the offensive line has better awareness. There's no suction animations as far as I have seen. And the running seems good too. So is Madden gonna be similar? I surely hope so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Is Madden 2012 gonna play like NCAA '12?

Quite a few threads on the first page asking pretty much the same question.....

This will probably be closed soon
Old 07-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i certainly hope not. ncaa is getting traded in because of the same ol cheating defense. if i see one super lb in the madden demo, it's a definite skip for me. but i don't even think that's the real issue. i think it's their inability to properly code pass trajectory. bullet and lob. that is so incorrect and it's ridiculous that they still haven't figured it out yet. how about a regular, in between throw. no? impossible? it's whatever at this point.

but that has nothing to do with the psychic DBs. some of the plays they make are baffling.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.

Last edited by blklightning; 07-22-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
i certainly hope not. ncaa is getting traded in because of the same ol cheating defense. if i see one super lb in the madden demo, it's a definite skip for me. but i don't even think that's the real issue. i think it's their inability to properly code pass trajectory. bullet and lob. that is so incorrect and it's ridiculous that they still haven't figured it out yet. how about a regular, in between throw. no? impossible? it's whatever at this point.

but that has nothing to do with the psychic DBs. some of the plays they make are baffling.
Are you playing with named rosters by any chance?
Old 07-23-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
Rookie

Most likely, one of Maddens big selling points was their improved zone D which is the biggest difference in NCAA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

It will play somewhat the same, but it will have a different feel to it.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning

Sounds to me like you should have rented NCAA first. I hope you rent Madden before you buy it, based on what you posted......Also try messing with the sliders and customize the game to your liking.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:26 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Here's my honest opinion. We wine and complain daily about what Madden should be like, and gripe and moan for what it could be like but never fully understand the importance it has on our insignificant lives. EA Sports will continue to put out a yearly version of the game, and we will buy it because there's nothing else out. NCAA is very arcade-ish! When have you ever seen a guy run 50 MPH or Linebackers that have 15 ft verticals? Madden will be slow like it normally is, and have a different feel, but that's the feel people pay $65 for!

I play Madden for other reasons. I love football, I love competition, and I love running leagues. That's why I still play it! Wait a minute. I'm gonna go run through an invisible wall after I score a touchdown on NCAA real quick!

Hahahahahaha!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »