Home

Something very strange (but awesome) happened in the offseason for me....

This is a discussion on Something very strange (but awesome) happened in the offseason for me.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
Something very strange (but awesome) happened in the offseason for me....

So i started a dynasty playing as DC for Miami of Ohio.
Had a pretty good season going 10-3 with a victory in the Humanitarian Bowl.

I had got some pretty decent recruits during the season, so despite a couple head coaching offers, i decided to stick around, see what kind of recruits i had landed and bump up my prestige to see if i could get better offersin the future.
Im glad i did.
It was late, i was tired and didnt really feel like doing the off season recruiting, so i simmed it and walked away for a little bit.
When i came back there were 2 recruits at the end of week 5 who had committed, a 2* wr and a 5* ATHLETE!
I was like uh.....wth. I mean i have no problem with it. I looked at the school breakdown for the player and despite us NOT OFFERING a scholarship he chose to play for a team that didnt even win the MAC over teams like LSU AUBURN MICHIGAN tOSU.

Dont get me wrong, im fine with his decision as he is my starting SS in year 2. Im just wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else? Or any other wierd recruiting scenarios.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Something very strange (but awesome) happened in the offseason for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
So i started a dynasty playing as DC for Miami of Ohio.
Had a pretty good season going 10-3 with a victory in the Humanitarian Bowl.

I had got some pretty decent recruits during the season, so despite a couple head coaching offers, i decided to stick around, see what kind of recruits i had landed and bump up my prestige to see if i could get better offersin the future.
Im glad i did.
It was late, i was tired and didnt really feel like doing the off season recruiting, so i simmed it and walked away for a little bit.
When i came back there were 2 recruits at the end of week 5 who had committed, a 2* wr and a 5* ATHLETE!
I was like uh.....wth. I mean i have no problem with it. I looked at the school breakdown for the player and despite us NOT OFFERING a scholarship he chose to play for a team that didnt even win the MAC over teams like LSU AUBURN MICHIGAN tOSU.

Dont get me wrong, im fine with his decision as he is my starting SS in year 2. Im just wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else? Or any other wierd recruiting scenarios.
I think someone needs to take a look at Miami of Ohio's book keeping. (In fact, both Miamis while were at at... There up to something down in Florida) I bet we will see a Journal Entry for a "University Vehicle" .... I bet the SS is driving around campus with a 100,000 Cadillac as we speak...
Old 07-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

You aren't Jim Tressell are you?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
I think someone needs to take a look at Miami of Ohio's book keeping. (In fact, both Miamis while were at at... There up to something down in Florida) I bet we will see a Journal Entry for a "University Vehicle" .... I bet the SS is driving around campus with a 100,000 Cadillac as we speak...
Agreed
Old 07-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Was he from OH? This is actually encouraging!!! This means all the 5* don't pile on at about 8-9 schools.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

I had something similar nto as good tho happen alst night.

Off season at Idaho, i started going thur recurits that were still in the top 10 stage. i ended up with 3 3* a 4* that didnt have any offers. not bad
Old 07-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 29

just a question, but you're sure you had recruiting help on? I always turn that off and then if I happen to do what you did I won't get many recruits either. just a thought congrats on the 5*
Old 07-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #8
Rookie

phily915's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't remember jim tressel paying players?!?!... Maybe you meant Gene Chizik...(or any SEC coach). But that's for another topic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »