Home

Pre-Patch Gameplay

This is a discussion on Pre-Patch Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Pre-Patch Gameplay

After reading the thread about post-patch visual issues I thought I'd try it out. I was just expecting to see some visual differences but was pretty amazed at how differently the game actually played.

Psychic Linebackers

I've played 5 games since taking out the patch and the passing game was immediately more effective. There were far less passes batted down from linebackers out of position to make a play. This was the case in both games vs. the cpu and another user. Overall it was easier to make all throws to all parts of the field. The game still felt pretty defensive, but the fear of linebackers intercepting balls they had no business being able to play on was certainly gone.

Diving Catches

I remember seeing a lot more of these in the demo than what I have seen in the retail release. After taking out the patch I saw 5 of them in 5 games which is 4 more than I saw in about 20 games "post patch."

If I have to choose between a game too offensive or too defensive, I'll take the defensive side. However, at default the passing game is hindered by linebackers swatting and intercepting too many balls that they are not in position to. This pre-patch gameplay may turn out to be too easy to move the ball, it's just odd that there was such a huge difference. I recommend anyone that has had issues with the passing game to try it out.

Obviously playing like this will eliminate online modes, so don't bother if you are involved in that portion of the game. Since this was a release day patch, most player will have never even experienced this..or seen the sparkling tOSU helmets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Pre-Patch Gameplay

I'm very tempted as there is no need for online at the moment with roster problems. What's the process? I'd like not to lose my profile and such, though I guess it isn't a big deal since I have not done anything substantial outside of slider tests.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Well I did it on XB360. Just go to Console setting > Memory > hit Y and clear cache. It didn't erase my dynasty or roster files. Just make sure not to accept the patch when you boot it up again.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
I'm very tempted as there is no need for online at the moment with roster problems. What's the process? I'd like not to lose my profile and such, though I guess it isn't a big deal since I have not done anything substantial outside of slider tests.
If you do this can you post your observations?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #5
Rookie

SECElite mentioned some of his observations in the pre-patch visuals thread. I think he exaggerated the visuals some (the sparkling helmets and lights def. look nice...but not 100x better), but he did mention the gameplay differences.

Last edited by bluesman461; 07-21-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Let me finish up my current test dynasty season and then I'll see if I can get rid of it. I won't get to any testing until tomorrow, but I can try it.

I'll make sure to see OSU in the sun first since that is a guaranteed metallic helmet.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Ok, so I saw this in the roster glitch thread and didn't think anything of it, but damn...

First game without patch, opponent wins toss and picks to receive.

Winner winner chicken dinner. No real difference during the daylight; the sun has a lot of glare period, but it's a delight at night... ok, enough with the rhymes. With patch, OSU's helmets are reflective, like pale mirrors. Without the patch, they are more glittery, there is no real reflection, which makes since. There is a shininess to them in the stadium lights. It looks kinda fake, but it is a visual aspect that is not there after the patch. Is this worth crying over? Not so far. I'll get to gameplay tomorrow.

Last edited by dochalladay32; 07-22-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:22 AM   #8
Rookie

After a couple of more games on Heisman, 8 minute quarters, default sliders:

It's unmistakable, the linebackers are definitely toned down. Not nearly the amount of swatted balls. The passing game is effective (maybe too effective after some practice) but you are still punished with INT's for poor choices..which is good. The main key here, is that you are allowed to pass over a linebacker to a receiver 20 yards down the field without worrying about him leaping out of his shoes to knock it down or catch. They still knock down the balls that they should have a play on, it just feels better.

I did notice the CPU run game wasn't as effective as it was before. This was actually noted as a fix in the patch notes. I'll play a few more before I try any sliders to make up for it.

I've also noticed that since I'm having to play offline, the menu's and interface seems to run better than normal. I think this has more to do with it not connecting to the tickers and the espn radio stuff that is implemented. I'd like someone else that is trying this to comment to see if they noticed the same. I especially noticed it in the dynasty menu's and recruiting interface.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »