Home

****** All-American Sliders for the Passing Impaired

This is a discussion on ****** All-American Sliders for the Passing Impaired within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
****** All-American Sliders for the Passing Impaired

There are a couple really good slider threads for AA out there, but they seem geared toward players with a more advanced understanding of reading CPU defense and spending time in practice learning how to beat those coverages. While I would love to get more knowledge and understanding of the game like that, I just don't have time.

My passing game is call a play, at the line of scrimmage take a best guess of the most likely receiver to be open, then if he is not open, quickly try and scan for an open receiver.

Basically all I look for at the snap are if there are blitzers or are they dropping back in coverage and if receivers are jammed at the line.

These sliders help me have fun games with realistic scores and realistic stats. What you will have to live with is seeing a lot of plays that look like they should be interceptions being dropped, but I need this trade-off to make up for the CPU DBs that react unrealistically to throws.

You may see high CPU YP Rush averages at times, but with the way the CPU calls plays, total rushing yards will not be out of line.

All-American
Speed Slow
Threshold 50
8 minute quarters

Penalties

Offsides: 50
False Start: 50
Holding: 50
Facemask: 50
O Pass Interference: 95
D Pass Interference: 95
KR/PR Interference: 95
Clipping: 50
Intentional Grounding: 50
Roughing the Passer: 50
Roughing the Kicker: 50

---

Custom AI (HUM-CPU)

QB Accuracy: 75-50 (Updated 10/19/11)
Pass Blocking: 100-50
WR Catching: 60-60
RB Ability: 50-50
Run Blocking: 50-50
Pass Coverage: 50-0
Pass Rush: 50-0
Interceptions: 20-15 (you may want to bump this to 10 or 5 for CPU based on preference) (updated 10/19)
Rush Defense: 5-50
Tackling: 40-40
FG Power: 50-50
FG Accuracy: 50-50
Punt Power: 50-50
Punt Accuracy: 50-50
KO Power: 50-50

Again, these are for very ****** gamers that are just having trouble passing. I get to play 1 maybe 2 games a few nights a week, and am having fun with these.

Last note is that I may need to make rushing a little tougher for the user, but am happy with the passing.

Last edited by cbc72; 10-19-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

Re: ****** All-American Sliders for the Passing Impaired

Sounds like I play exactly the same way, cbc. I also rarely control any player other than the QB. Sort of my "dynasty" version of RTG.

I'll try out this sliders this weekend, and get back to you. Long day tomorrow. Will post late Saturday morning.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

So how's this going? I've tweaked my own passing sliders in my online dynasty (not to this extreme) but to loosen up coverage and pass rush a little and wondered how gameplay was going with the sliders set to this extreme.

Also why did you mention CPU rushing YPC mght be high? Looks like sliders for CPU rushing are on default.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

I have moved INTs up to 20 for both CPU and User, as I was seeing almost no interceptions, and I have played enough to improve my passing. I have kept the other passing sliders the same and still see realistic results in stats. With Akron, I complete anywhere from 45-65%, but usually the 45-50% range.

With better teams, I usually complete 60-65%, so I am still happy with having the CPU pass coverage & pass rush at 0, and having pass block at 100.

I just played a great game as Boise State at WI last night and lost in OT, 44-31 (they returned a fumble for a TD on my OT drive).

In that game, Total yards were 410 for WI and 407 for BSU.

Each team had about 280 passing/120 yard rushing.

I believe both teams were within 10 yards of each other in both rushing and passing, with WI having a few more passing yards than me, and I had a few more rushing yards than WI.

Each team had 1 INT.

Each team had 1 broken coverage long TD pass, each team had a TD run and each team had 2 under 20 yard TD passes.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

Since I only play the QB, I had tried Manning18's sliders. Then this morning, I whipped yet another team--this time 39-14. I'm thinking I need to do what I said and try these sliders. My play style is the same as yours, it seems, cbc; I won't overly-game plan. I like to turn on the game and play. But I'm no thumb jockey, and don't lead receivers with the left stick. Survey the coverage quickly, toss to an open guy. I'm also, I confess, kind of a two-read QB.

I also need Pass Block at 100, 'cause I'm a sloooooow coverage reader.

Won't play tomorrow--will try these Thursday, most likely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

Hehe...

Yeah, I don't lead often either. Sometimes I will try leading on longer throws, and end up with overthrows.

There were a couple plays I had yesterday where right after I threw it I thought, "I should have thrown that behind the receiver a bit to avoid the coverage."

Somehow I seem to overthrow a lot of short outs, I think I am pressing the left stick in that direction without thinking about it.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

Shoot--you even try short outs? I get so worried that I won't see the edges of the screen, that I often dump the ball in a short crossing route to the TE or SR. The TE and slot receiver have the most receptions on my team!

Right now, it's lack of confidence in my QB's accuracy (an 86), and my own inability to spot an open fly pattern that's preventing me from long balls. In addition, my o-line is young, and kind of spotty.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

nice looking set of sliders, ive found that even tho I consider myself decent at reading the cpu defense my read times on the cvg is slower than it use to be. Must be because im gettin older!

Thanks for posting these im at work atm gonna try these when I get to the house.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »