Home

Virginia Tech Helmets

This is a discussion on Virginia Tech Helmets within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
Rookie

dixiebum18's Arena

OVR: 2
Virginia Tech Helmets

Just read a great article on ESPN Page 2 about helmet research being done at Va Tech. In the second to last paragraph, it states the entire team will be wearing the REVO or REVO Speed helmets this year.

"LAST SEASON, THE VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES wore the Riddell VSR4 -- the very helmet Stefan Duma's research found unsafe. For the 2011 season, Virginia Tech will wear the top-rated Riddell Revo or Speed models, with each player choosing whichever better fits the quirks of his head shape. Considering the Hokies have four helmet color combinations and dress 72 for games, that's a truckload of new helmets. "My equipment manager has wanted to get rid of the VSR4 for years," says Goforth, the Virginia Tech trainer. "He has long believed the new designs are safer. Finally, he has research to back him up.""
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
Rookie

SSplinter9's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Virginia Tech Helmets

I wore both the Revo and the vsr4 in high school and I always thought that Revo made me feel a little more safe. It's cool to see that there is not only research showing how safe these helmets are but that a team is actually acknowledging this and looking out for its players best interest.
I guess i'll have quite a few equipment changes to make for my personal rosters!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »