Home

New Revo Speed Facemasks

This is a discussion on New Revo Speed Facemasks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1
New Revo Speed Facemasks

I'm not really a equipment guy or an EA basher, but things like these kind of get to me. Especially when you consider its a $60 game that has been in development for months. I feel the same way about this and dreads. If you are going to add something to the game, then do it right.

The facemasks on all of the new revo speed helmets sit too low and do not match up with the brackets on the top of the helmet. Its pretty easy to notice and I took a few pictures in the player equipment section to prove it. The first two are of the facemasks added in '11 and the last few are the ones in '12.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 34yo93l.jpg (88.1 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg 9ll7cm.jpg (96.7 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg 34rwv1h.jpg (92.2 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg 2gv51z4.jpg (95.4 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg 2affi8p.jpg (91.6 KB, 263 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 02:51 AM   #2
Rookie

baden's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: New Revo Speed Facemasks

Please fix this in Patch #4.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:07 AM   #3
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

Well I'll be damned!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

wow really!!! its a f'n face mask. Does the lower face mask cause to much drag on your player??? This should be the last of your worries
Old 10-08-2011, 04:51 AM   #5
Rookie

ehovUOfan's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Echo12
wow really!!! its a f'n face mask. Does the lower face mask cause to much drag on your player??? This should be the last of your worries
Not really a big deal but it just looks really funky. You'd think the developers would make it look better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Echo12
Honestly I gotta agree with this guy, there are so many things broken in 12 in terms of gameplay. EA already values graphics over gameplay. Don't encourage them to go farther in that direction.

I'll take strange looking facemasks if it means I have no psychic DBs, no psychic playcalling lining up in nickel 3man front after I run the ball 8 times in a row, no psychic audibling running back and forth to and from the line when I audible pass and run, no DE that can turn 180 on a dime on read option plays, no leading blocker that ignores the CB 2 inches away and turns inside to double team a DT 7 ft away, no WRs who just stand still and stare at the blitzing CB for 2 seconds before moving, no LBs who can pivot on a dime while running at full speed to reverse directions and swat a ball 1 handed as soon as I touch the button, no getting sacked if my QB gets touched while 98% through the throwing animation, no getting sacked on 50% of PA plays before my QB even turns around, etc

It's sad that people value graphics over gameplay now.

Last edited by psychicDB; 10-08-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
Honestly I gotta agree with this guy, there are so many things broken in 12 in terms of gameplay. EA already values graphics over gameplay. Don't encourage them to go farther in that direction.

I'll take strange looking facemasks if it means I have no psychic DBs, no psychic playcalling lining up in nickel 3man front after I run the ball 8 times in a row, no psychic audibling running back and forth to and from the line when I audible pass and run, no DE that can turn 180 on a dime on read option plays, no leading blocker that ignores the CB 2 inches away and turns inside to double team a DT 7 ft away, no WRs who just stand still and stare at the blitzing CB for 2 seconds before moving, no LBs who can pivot on a dime while running at full speed to reverse directions and swat a ball 1 handed as soon as I touch the button, no getting sacked if my QB gets touched while 98% through the throwing animation, no getting sacked on 50% of PA plays before my QB even turns around, etc

It's sad that people value graphics over gameplay now.

I absolutely agree with everything you just said, I'm a gameplay over graphics guy. However, this is pretty lame. This was probably just a simple copy-paste job, and they still managed to screw it up. Imagine how many lines in the code they screwed up because of simple laziness like this. Also, it again proves this game is being made by video game guys, not football guys. Anyone who has ever put on a helmet would know where to put on a flippin' facemask.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #8
Rookie

baden's Arena

Small issue, but should be a quick fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »