Home

Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips

This is a discussion on Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0
Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips

So I'm trying to turn my Bearcats into a powerhouse, already went undefeated in year one and won the Orange Bowl. Second year won the BCS championship, then won it again the next year. Im currently on year four and still no getting a lot of good 5 star recruits. Any tips? Also any tips on recruiting. I know the ins and outs, but was wondering if anybody had any tricks or tips. I've signed a bunch of 4 stars and a 5 star athlete two years in a row, but was looking to up my D.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Becoming a Powerhouse and recruiting tips

A) I know it's not the same thing (i.e., I understand your concern), but when you can edit all the players' ratings, does it really matter at all?

B) Have you tried changing the recruiting difficulty level? People have been saying it's much tougher this year.

Cheers mate.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
One of the best approaches I've seen is he first thing to do is only search for those who have you as their top school. Then if you'd like, target them and offer them a scholarship right away. Next, target those who hVe you as a top three school. It's a great way to immediately find those who are interested but don't have you as 4-10 or so. It's helped me focus recruiting much more.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 38

Only like 10-13 players on your board.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
Banned

Ive noticed very few 5 stars that aren't HBs, Athletes, WRs. Was looking to up my D. Are 4 stars good? Do they end up with a decent overall?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Well first, don't focus on star ratings. You can get 3 and 4 star players that wind up better than some five stars. There is much more variety in recruiting this year. The star ratings give you an idea and are there for lazy recruiters but you won't build your best team by just focusing on that.

Look at core player traits (THP, THA for QBs, MCOV, ZCOV for DBs, etc). You can find gems in the 2-4 star players. Thise traits will determine how good the player is, not their star rating.

Focus you board. Keep 13-18 players on it and focus on them. Starting out by focusing on guys interested in you is a good start as well. Basically, if you want the best guys, you have to put in the time to find them. If you just want to move along and not spend a lot of time recruiting, you have to expect a less than stellar recruiting class.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 07-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
Well first, don't focus on star ratings. You can get 3 and 4 star players that wind up better than some five stars. There is much more variety in recruiting this year. The star ratings give you an idea and are there for lazy recruiters but you won't build your best team by just focusing on that.

Look at core player traits (THP, THA for QBs, MCOV, ZCOV for DBs, etc). You can find gems in the 2-4 star players. Thise traits will determine how good the player is, not their star rating.

Focus you board. Keep 13-18 players on it and focus on them. Starting out by focusing on guys interested in you is a good start as well. Basically, if you want the best guys, you have to put in the time to find them. If you just want to move along and not spend a lot of time recruiting, you have to expect a less than stellar recruiting class.
Every 4 and 5 star rating guy Ive looked at, had better stats than the 2-3 stars. I spend an hour on 10 guys a week. And only go after guys that have me in their top 5, but Im talking about when will I start seeing players wanting to come to my team as if I were Ohio State. How long before Im a power house basically? I know how to recruit, I just need the interest first.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
Rookie

I did this last year for a short time then cut it out because my team's became too dominate. But you fill your board with the many rich tips above. Once you have the players that will demand your main attention, go back to the "all recruits page," sort according to interest. Once they are sorted by interest, go down and find the 5,4,3, etc... star recruits (THAT HAVE YOU AS THEIR TOP SCHOOL), that you wouldn't mind having on your team whether they are from a pipeline state or not, and add them at the end of your board. Once your season starts, save your dynasty. At the start, go through your board to each player that has you as their top school. Spend ten minutes just to offer the player a scholarship. If he accepts, save, if he doesn't, re load and re try. Cheap but effective. Again, I stopped doing this because my teams overall just soared above everyone else's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »