Home

Franchise: Who Will You Rebuild?

This is a discussion on Franchise: Who Will You Rebuild? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Franchise: Who Will You Rebuild?

Every year it's a blast to rebuild teams in Franchise Mode. Who will you rebuild and how do you plan to rebuild them?

I'll be taking the Detroit Lions this year. After playing through season one, these are the players I will absolutely keep. Everyone else on the roster could potentially get replaced through free agency and the draft.

QB- Stafford
HB- Best
HB- LeShoure
WR- Megatron
WR- Titus
TE- Pettigrew

DT- Suh
DT- Fairley
FS- Louis Delmas

The top positions I will look to upgrade in the offseason are cornerback and linebacker. I'd like to stockpile some draft picks to build a young and powerful defense around Suh, Fairley, and Delmas.

With talented position players the offense should be fine. I'll look to upgrade the O-line in free agency and potentially draft a young mobile quarterback to backup the fragile Matt Stafford.

Other players that I will likely keep on the roster but are expendable...

C- Dominic Raiola
LT- Jeff Backus
LT- Tony Ugoh
RT- Gosder Cherilus

RE- Cliff Avril
LE- Kyle Vanden Bosh
LB- DeAndre Levy
CB- Chris Houston
CB- Nathan Vasher
CB- Amari Spievey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Franchise: Who Will You Rebuild?

I will be trying to rebuild the Panthers franchise around Dwill Steve Smith and Cam Newton. I will try and build a power house D aswell through FAs and the draft.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I'm going for 2 years with the Browns then 2 with the Jags and if I'm still playing 2 with the 49ers.

Browns should be easy because I'm indefinitely suspending Harrison,Ward and Ben from the Steelers (was just Ben last year,still in effect,also AP but he's on the Vikings) and the Bengals are a mess so only have to really worry about the Ravens.

Jags might be set by the time I get there but probably would still need help. Looking foward to fueds and many great games with the Texans.

49ers D would still need to be remade by that time I think,intresting challenge.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

The Lions don't even need to be rebuilt. Just sit on your team for a year or two and you're an instant playoff contender every season. You wanna talk about a rebuilding project? Cleveland has a defense totally unsuited to its scheme, a low-upside QB, no WRs, and a huge hole on the right side of its o-line.

Or wait a few years and take the Colts. Without Manning and Wayne, it's just a bad offense with a sieve for a line, injury-prone backs, and underachieving receivers. The defense isn't much better.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5

The World Champion Green Bay Packers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I'm going for 2 years with the Browns then 2 with the Jags and if I'm still playing 2 with the 49ers.

Browns should be easy because I'm indefinitely suspending Harrison,Ward and Ben from the Steelers (was just Ben last year,still in effect,also AP but he's on the Vikings) and the Bengals are a mess so only have to really worry about the Ravens.

Jags might be set by the time I get there but probably would still need help. Looking foward to fueds and many great games with the Texans.

49ers D would still need to be remade by that time I think,intresting challenge.
Why are you suspending them?? haha
Old 07-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Can't really call it re-building, but I will continue to develop my favorite team, (Carolina Panthers). Since we don't get much publicity (outside of the No.1 pick-Newton) most people don't even know about our young skill players.

With David Gettis 6'3 who showed the skill to be a real vertical threat (sprinter speed 6th rounder last year), Brandon LaFell 6'2 (classic possession 3rd rounder last year), project player Armanti Edwards 5'11 (3rd rounder last year), and Kealoha Pilares 5'10 (slot 5th rounder this year). We are extremely young at receiver with size, speed, and potential I'm excited to watch it develop.

Follow that up with 3rd year HB Mike Goodson (poor man's Reggie Bush) to compliment our running game and we're stocked with developmental weapons. Also throw this years (most likey over-rated player) Cam Newton, all I'll need to do is solidify the TE position on offense by drafting someone with YAC capability, and size then I'll draft all defense year one.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
Rookie

auburn23jv's Arena

OVR: 3

This will be a tough decision for me, I'm going to try and decide between the Lions and the Panthers for the sole reason of my two favorite players Nick Fairley and Cam Newton. I'm really looking forward to Madden this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »