Home

SECElite's 2012 All-American Slider Set Enjoy!

This is a discussion on SECElite's 2012 All-American Slider Set Enjoy! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
SECElite's 2012 All-American Slider Set Enjoy!

Hey guys,

First off, I just want to thank the many slider gurus who have placed their time and efforts into this game. I learn so much from all of them year in and year out. With that being said, I always like to do my own sliders. I love to lab and to see how tweaks to this and that effect the game play. As many of you know, over the past few weeks I have put many hours into testing various slider sets.

As most of you know, there are some issues with the game this year making testing difficult. I list them as follows:
  • Named or un-named rosters - Do you really know your team? My belief is that tendencies play a huge role in how each player performs. I have noticed a significant drop off in player performance with named rosters. I don't know for sure but tendencies may tell the CPU which ratings to use for which player. If the tendencies are switched around, this may lead to a sort of AI confusion as to which rating to use.
  • Patched or Un-patched - At this point, it almost seems as if we are to pick our poison. There is a difference, with each having its pros and cons. Un-patched seems to play a much tighter defensive game, has much sharper visuals, and provides a smoother game play. The CPU seems to be more aggressive running the ball, and seems to make better decisions. The patch notes for the first patch specify fixed coverage’s and blocking assignments but the visuals and the CPU running game seem to be toned down. Named rosters may make an additional impact by further reducing the CPUs performance.
As always, I am always open to positive criticism. After all, the ideas obtained to build my set came from all of you.

Let me start with coaching sliders:
Thanks to Orion for all of his research this year and for this spreadsheet which should help all of you to set your offensive coaching sliders. As for the defensive sliders, I am in agreement with Orion that defensive aspects of the coaching philosophy sliders will not need to be changed.

Offensive Coaching Slider Settings here:

Ok now to the sliders:
  • Skill Level: All-American
  • Quarter Length: 8-9 Min
  • Game Speed: Slow
  • Speed Threshold: 0
Penalties:
  • Offsides: 52
  • False Start: 48
  • Holding: 50
  • Facemask: 53
  • Offensive PI: 100
  • Defensive PI: 100
  • KR/PR Interference: 100
  • Clipping: 48
  • Intentional Grounding: 100
  • Roughing the Passer: 52
  • Roughing the Kicker: 52

All - American Sliders

User // CPU

QB Accuracy: 5 // 15 (Final)
  • I think I have settled on 5 as the User QBA setting. I like the difficulty of completing passes at this setting. Pressure makes a difference as to how accurate the user passes are. Touch passing feels great. Good timing is required when passing to the receivers. Users can still zing balls into tight coverage but will pay for bad decision making. 15 feel strong for the CPU. (Anything above results in poor CPU QBs being deadly accurate with passes). Anything lower seems to result in some unrealistic, poor passing.
Pass Blocking: 45 // 45 (Updated 8/8/2011)
  • Offensive line executes blocking assignments well and misses fewer blocks
  • Suction could be an issue with a significant increase in the pass rush slider required for the CPU and User to generate a pass rush
  • Very few sacks allowed at these settings
WR Catching: 45 // 45
  • No changes required at this time
RB Ability: 45 // 85 (Updated 8/10/2011)
  • Good decision making by the CPU running back, see holes well. (Named rosters may have a significant impact on this aspect of the game)
Run Blocking: 25 // 50 (Updated 8/6/2011) (More Testing Required)
  • User Run Blocking down to 25. Blocks being held too long at 30 this allowed too many big user runs
  • CPU run blocking needed more help. 50 seems to allow a much more effective running attack from the CPU (Named rosters may have a significant impact on this aspect of the game)
Pass Coverage: 45 // 45 (8/7/2011)
  • Pass Coverage slider does not seem to make any noticeable difference with adjustments
Pass Rush: 25 // 15 (Updated 8/8/2011)
  • User and CPU settings updated to compensate for increased pass block (Named Rosters may have an impact on this aspect of the game)
  • User pass rush toned down by 5 - Too many sacks being allowed by CPU
Interceptions: 35 // 40 (Final)
  • Tightens pass coverage
  • Less dropped interception opportunities
Rush Defense: 5 // 50 (Updated 8/7/2011) (More Testing required)
  • User 5 to compensate for quick run recognition by the user run defense - this may help the CPU run game
  • CPU raised to assist the CPU in run recognition (Named rosters may have an impact on this aspect of the game)
Tackling: 10 // 10 (Final)
  • Tackling feels fluid with some missed tackles and increased gang tackles
  • More realistic number of big hits (Hit Stick effectiveness may be reduced)
  • Momentum and weight seem to matter more
  • More and smoother tackling animations
Special Teams:
  • FG Power: 45 // 45 (Final)
  • FG Accuracy: 30 // 35 (Final
  • Punt Power: 50 // 50 (Final)
  • Punt Accuracy: 40 // 40 (Final)
  • Kickoff Power: 50 // 50 (Final)
Substitution Out/ In:
  • QB Sub: 25 // 60
  • RB Sub: 70 // 75
  • WR Sub: 79 / /85
  • FB/ TE Sub: 50 // 70
  • OL Sub: 50 // 70
  • DT Sub: 75 // 80
  • DE Sub: 75 // 80
  • LB Sub: 60 // 80
  • CB Sub: 35 // 75
  • S Sub: 35 // 75

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-09-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
Rookie

crabcola's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: SECElite's 2012 All-American Slider Set Enjoy!

Finally!!!! You and Silent Nature's were may favorites last year!! I was bummed when you thought about bowing out this year. I can't wait to get home from work and get after them.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

2nd post! First switched to these sliders last year and really enjoyed them, Very excited to use them this year!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

SEC, you have transformed NCAA football for me. First with your stadium sounds, and then with your sliders. I am still playing my NCAA 11 dynasty with my Hokies, and I am starting my 8th season this weekend using both sliders and sounds. I've been using your sliders for 6 seasons, and they are still playing a perfect game of football. I will be sure to plug these in once all patches are out, rosters, sounds, etc. and then I will start up my NCAA 12 dynasty. Thanks again

Old 07-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
SEC, you have transformed NCAA football for me. First with your stadium sounds, and then with your sliders. I am still playing my NCAA 11 dynasty with my Hokies, and I am starting my 8th season this weekend using both sliders and sounds. I've been using your sliders for 6 seasons, and they are still playing a perfect game of football. I will be sure to plug these in once all patches are out, rosters, sounds, etc. and then I will start up my NCAA 12 dynasty. Thanks again
Glad you are enjoying them.. just trying to contribute to my favorite internet brothers the best I can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #6
Rookie

livinitup921's Arena

OVR: 4

I will certainly give these a try when I get home from work tonight. I will post some results when I do.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

First game got ugly I used Penn State and beat Purdue 52-13. I really liked the feel though and I hope Purdue just sucks cuz this is the best this game has looked. Thanks alot man Im hoping it was just a one time crush because I consider myself a decent player but I certainly should not be pounding.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
Banned

So which aspect of the game seems to lack difficulty

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »