Home

Jarodd21's Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21's Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2011, 04:56 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Jarodd21's NCAA 12 Heisman Sliders..

Most people who has played my Madden sliders know my reputation of putting together a very challenging set of sliders for elite or skilled players who punish the CPU no matter what on lower level sliders or default settings and get bored with the game quick because they can't get any competition or a challenge from the CPU. If you are having that kind of problem getting a challenge from the CPU these sliders are for you..

My goal was to put together a very challenging set but keep the game as realistic as I can without having to use any house rules to limit yourself against the CPU. I like to be able to use every feature on the game instead of handicapping myself with house rules just to get a challenge. That's no fun IMO. I rather make the game challenging through sliders.. I played so many games against elite teams, good teams, mid level teams, and mediocre teams so I can put together a set where the games play out the way they should. I feel like I provided that with these sliders.

Just like my all-madden set on Madden your user skills have to be on point when you use my sliders or else you with get exposed and punished by the CPU or even upset by a med level one you was suppose to blast if you try to slack off. You can probably slack off and punish a mediocre team because they play terrible regardless of how bad the USER play. But if you're a skilled player you will have battles with good teams, blow out scrub teams, and if your using a scrub team you will most likely get punished against an elite team, or some good teams. This is how its suppose to be but its up to you the USER to make it work with strategy. I have 3 sets. My Red, Blue and Black set. My Red set is for guys who are who are looking for a better challenge then default Heisman. My Red set should provide you with a good challenge but if it become too easy its time to move up to my Blue set that will provide you with an even better challenge. My black set are for guys who can't get a challenge on any of the sets and need the sliders to be extreme just to get a challenge.

Skill Level- Heisman
Injuries- On
Fatigue- On
Quarter length- 8 Minutes
Coaching Tips- Off
Game Speed- Very Fast(Use whatever speed your comfortable with)
Threshold- 0
Home Field Advantage Effects- On
Ice the kicker- On

Human-CPU- The formula I'm using for NCAA is to not raise any of the USER sliders above 50 and do not lower any of the CPU sliders under 50. Seems like the AI takes a hit once you raise any of the USER sliders above 50.

This is my base red set for guys getting there feet wet with these sliders. On the red set the CPU sliders are on default heisman. The USER had a few areas lowered to up the challenge..

Red Set- Hum-CPU(default heisman)

Accuracy- 10(15)-50
Put the accuracy on 15 and work your way down to 10 if you are having a hard time with the accuracy on 15. CPUs accuracy is fine on 50.. Bad QBs still play bad with it this high.. QBs just play horrible with with the accuracy below 50 IMO.. I also think its a bunch of BS that sliders are reversed. Tried it out for a few games and seen some of the worse CPU QB play imaginable.

Pass Blocking- 0-50
Your pass blocking should hold up at 0 with the CPUs pass rush at 50.. You just have to make good decisions with the ball.. The CPUs pass block at 50 is a good spot to get a good pass rush. Sometimes you get too many..

Catching- 25-50
25 is a good number for the USER. If you raise it above this the USER doesn't drop many passes... 50 is also a good spot for the CPU. You go below that the CPUs pass game becomes horrible..

RB Ability- 45(50)-50
The RB ability at 45 is a good spot for the USER.. Raise the USER RB ability to 50 if you are struggling running the ball. CPUs run game is terrible with anything below 50.. This is a good spot for the CPU RB ability if you are upping the challenge from lower heisman sliders.

Run Blocking- 0-50
USER runblocking is straight on 0. Running the ball is too easy. Lower the CPUs rush defense if you are having trouble running. The CPUs runblocking on 50 is perfect. There option game struggles a little bit if you have a great defense.

Pass Coverage- 35-50
The pass coverage on 35 is a good spot for the USER. Its definitely more of a challenge then the default settings. Its too easy to shred the CPU with anything lower then 50 if your real good at passing the ball..

Pass Rush- 5(10)-50
5 is a good spot for the USER. If you are having trouble getting pressure on the QB raise the USER pass rush to 10. The CPUs gives up too many sacks with anything higher. The CPUs pass rush on 50 works great. Raise the USER pass blocking up if you are getting sacked too much and need more time in the pocket.

Interceptions- 25-50
INTs on 25 is a good spot for the USER. The CPU throws too many picks with anything higher then 25. 50 is a good spot for the CPUs INTs..

Rush Defense- 25-50
Rush defense on 25 should give you a good balance against the CPUs rushing. Running the ball is too easy so it doesn't make any sense lower the CPUs rush defense below 50.

Tackling- 50-50
Default 50 Perfect for the USER. The CPUs tackling is straight on 50.. Running the ball is too easy. If you go below this you will most likely have an easy time running the ball..

If my Red set becomes too easy go ahead and jump to my Blue set for a better challenge..

Blue set- Hum-CPU

Accuracy- 5(10)-75
Put the accuracy on 10 if you are having trouble withe the USER accuracy on 5. The CPUs accuracy at 75 is pretty good.. Make sure you have your defensive schemes together..

Pass Block- 0-55
The pass rush against the CPU becomes a little tougher with there pass block on 55. You will still get plenty of sacks if you are good at blitzing the QB.

Catching- 25-75

RB Ability- 40(45)-75
Running the ball gets tougher with USER RB ability on 40. Raise the USER RB ability to 45 if you are having trouble running the ball. You will see an improved CPU run game with the RB ability at 75.

Runblocking 0-55(50)
The CPU option game is pretty good with the CPUs runblocking on 55. If you are having trouble stopping the run lower there runblocking to 50.

Pass coverage 35-75
The CPUs pass coverage is alot tighter on 75. Make sure you go through your progressions and make good decisions with ball.

Pass rush 5(10)-75
Your will get good pressure with the USER pass rush on 5. If you are struggling to get a pass rush or sacks just raise the USER pass rush to 10. The CPUs pass rush on 75 is intense.. If you hold on to the ball too long you will get sacked..

Interceptions 25-75(60)
The CPUs INTs on 75 is intense. If you make a mistake you will most likely pay for it. Lower the INTs to 60-70 if you are throwing too many picks.

Rush defense 25-75

Tackling 50-75

When my blue set becomes easy its to move up to my black set. This is the set I'm using. My black set will provide you with a great challenge. If you are not on point and 100 percent focused for the whole game you will get blown out by elite teams(A rated teams) lose to B rated teams, and struggle with C rated teams with a possible chance of getting upset by them. You should be able to punish D rated teams even if you are off. I have yet to have a close game with a D rated team. I've blown them out every single time. I believe the game has them program to play bad regardless of the sliders. Here is my black set..

Black Set- Hum-CPU

Accuracy- 0(5)-100You have to be on point with your directional throwing to play with the USER accuracy at 0.. If you are struggling with the accuracy at 0 move it to 5 and work with that until you get better then drop it back to 0. The CPUs accuracy on 100 is very good IMO. Just because its on 100 doesn't mean every QB becomes A.Luck. Low rated QBs still play horrible if you know what you are doing on defense.. Sliders are not reversed.. Once you try my black set with how I have the CPU accuracy and CPU catching set up it will erase all doubts about that dry theory..

Pass Block 0-60
Pass block on 0 is the perfect spot for the USER with the CPUs pass rush at 100. But you have to be real quick with your decisions in the pocket. Know exactly what every WR is doing on the field and have your checkdowns together. If you stay locked in on your first read for too long you will get sacked. You'll only get about 2 to 4 seconds in the pocket depending on who you play.. CPUs pass block on 60 is the money spot if you have a great pass rush.. I was getting way too many sacks with the pass block below 60.

Catching 25-100
Catching on 25 is good for the USER. WRs weren't dropping too many passes at 40-50 and it seems more balanced and realistic at 25 for me. If you have a great pass defense along with a great pass rush the CPUs catching on 100 is the only way to go.. Lower it to 90-95 if you are having trouble slowing down the CPUs passing.

RB Ability 35(40)-100
The RB ability on 35 is the perfect spot to get a challenge from the CPUs run defense. It was just too easy for me to run the ball with anything higher. If you are struggling running the ball bump it back up to 40. I had to bump the CPUs RB ability up to the max(100). You won't see a bunch of crazy break tackles though.. Elite RBs do there thing. The vision of the runners is great when maxed out like this. Mediocre RBs will not become great just because the RB ability is on 100. All this does is make all the RBs play to the best of there abilities. All the RBs don't become L.James or T.Richardson all of a sudden. You'll still shut down garbage RBs if you play smart defense. The CPU option game is also on point with there running ability on 100..

Run Blocking 0-60(55)
The CPUs runblocking at 60 is the best spot to get the CPU to have a good option attack matched up with there RB ability at 100.. You have to really be on point with you reaction and defensive scheme to slow down the CPUs running attack. If you are not on point you will have a rough time stopping the run.. Lower there runblocking to 55 if you can't handle it at 60. The CPU will still have good games running the ball with the runblocking at 55 but they will struggle a little bit with the option game if your run defense is good..

Pass Coverage 35-100
Pass coverage on 35 gives you a good balance against the CPUs passing because the CPU can struggle bad with the pass coverage higher if you are good with your defensive schemes against the pass. It is too easy to shread the CPU if you are good at passing the ball so pass coverage on 100 is the only choice..

Pass rush 0(5)-100
Pass rush for the USER at 0 is good. You will still get your sacks. You just have to mix it up with some blitzes here and there. I get about 2-3 a game. They CPU takes a bunch of dumb sacks which kills alot of there drives so lowering it to 0 balances things out. If you are having trouble getting pressure or sacks just raise the CPUs pass rush to 5. You have to be quick with your reads with the CPUs pass rush on 100.. You have to know exactly what every WR is doing on the field. Make the proper adjustments at the line of scrimmage. If you are not on point with you adjustments or quick decisions you will have a hard time getting the ball off..

Interceptions 25-100
Interceptions on 25 is a good balance for the USER. I was simply getting too many with the USER INTs above 25. If you have a great passing game putting the CPUs INTs on 100 is the only way to go. The CPUs INTs on 100 is intense. You have to be 100 percent on point with you're passing because you will pay if you make a mistake. Lower it to 90-95 or drop it to the blue set INTs(75)if you are struggling with throwing too many INTs.

Rush Defense 25-100
Rush defense on 25 will provide you with a great challenge against the CPUs rushing. You have to be on point with your USER skills to slow down the CPUs rushing. I had to put the CPUs rush defense on 100 because I was having an easy time running the ball with anything lower.

Tackling 50-100
Default 50 is good for the USER. Same thing with the tackling for the CPU. I had to raise it to 100. for the CPU to challenge my run.. Running the ball is too easy with the elimination of suction tackling. You have to be able to react quick to the holes when running the ball or else you will get stuffed..

FG Power- 50-60

FG Accuracy- 50-50

Punt Power- 50-55

Punt Accuracy- 50-55

Kickoff power- 50-50

Offsides- 100
False Start- 75
Holding- 50
Facemask- 55
Off-Pass Int- 100
Def-Pass Int- 100
KR/PR-Int- 100
Clipping- 52
Int-Grounding- 100
Roughing Passer- 54/55- I hardly see any calls on 54 but if you put it on 55 you see 4 or more a game.
Roughing Kicker-100

If you need any help adjusting the sliders let me know. You can post in my thread or shoot me a PM. Guys who have played my Madden sliders know what kind of challenge I bring to sliders(with realistic results depending on your skill). It is no different on NCAA.. These sliders will provide you with the challenge you are looking for if you haven't found it on any other set you have tried. Play at least 3 or 4 games to get an overall feel for how the sliders are working. Make sure you let me know which set you are using so I can help you adjust them to suit your style of play.

Check out my Madden 12 All-Madden sliders if you have the game. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html

Last edited by Jarodd21; 05-30-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Re: Jarodd21's Heisman Sliders

I definitely have to do some tweaking after this game I just played right now.

Bowling Green(me)
Alabama(CPU)

BG- 0-14-7-7= 28
ALA- 14-7-7-5= 33

BG Passing
BG-QB 15-28 134yds 0TDs 2INTs

ALA-Passing
ALA-QB 11-16 156yds 1TD 2INTs

BG-Rushing
#4(70ovr)- 32car 152yds 4.7avg 3TDs(not suppose to happen against Alabama)
#20(66ovr)- 5car 37yds 7.4avg 0TDs

ALA-Rushing
T.Richardson- 25car 211yds 8.4avg 2TDs
Backup#42- 3car 29yds 9.6avg 1TD

BG-Receiving
#86 8rec 45yds 5.6avg(4drops)
#12 4rec 52yds 13.0avg
#19 2rec 19yds 9.5avg(1drop)
#2 1rec 18yds 18.0avg

ALA-Receiving
#11 4rec 57yds 14.2avg
#89 2rec 8yds 4.0avg
#15 2rec 26yds 13.0avg
#4 2rec 69yds 34.5avg 1TD
#3 1rec -4yds

BG-Defense
2 sacks, 2 INTs(1 pick 6)

ALA-Defense
5 sacks, 2 INTs, 1 Forced Fumble

At first it look like I was about to get blasted I was down 14-0 and Alabama was in my redzone bout to score again when there QB threw a pick to me in the endzone that I ran back for a score. After that it became a game. I was able to run the ball and started having a little bit of success passing after they had shut me down for most of the first half.

I really didn't come into this game expecting to get any kind of run game going against Alabama's defense but I ran on them pretty easy and damn near had 200 yards total rushing with my RBs so I'll probably be lowering the USER runblocking down some more because that shouldn't of happen at all. I really shouldn't of even hung in that close with them using Bowling Green.. So I'll definitely be doing some extra tweaking after this..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 07-15-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Here's another game I just played..

Texas A&M(Me) 3-35-0-7= 45
Nebraska(CPU) 0-10-0-7= 17

A&M-Passing
#17 18-35 157yds 0TDs 2INTs 51comp%

Neb-Passing
#3 14-26 193yds 1TD 2INTs 53comp%

A&M-Rushing
#33 22car 116yds 5.2avg 1TD(35yd TD run)
#32 3car 50yds 16.6avg 1TD(50yd TD run)

Neb-Rushing
QB#3 22car(8 sacks)-18yds 1TD(14yd TD run) Sucks that sacks count against QBs rush yards
#22 15car 31yds 2.0avg 0TDs
#27 3 car 21yds 7.0avg 0TDs

A&M-Receiving
#87 6rec 57yds 9.5avg
#8 4rec 47yds 11.7avg
#5 3rec 23yds 7.6avg(2drops)
#7 2rec 20yds 10.0avg
#80 1rec 1yd
#25 1rec 4yds
#33 1rec 5yds

NEB-Receiving
#11 4rec 46yds 11.5avg(1drop)
#6 4rec 50yds 12.5avg(2drops)
#22 4rec 37yds 9.2avg 1TD
#81 1rec 12yds
#84 1rec 7yds
#27 1rec 51yds

A&M-Defense
8 sacks 2INTs(2 pick 6s), 1 Forced Fumble(returned for a TD)

Nebraska-Defense
3 sacks, 2INTs, 2Forced Fumbles.

A&M-Special Teams
1 FG, 1 Kickreturn for a TD

Nebraska-Special Teams
1 FG

This game wouldn't of been that bad if it wasn't for the 2 pick 6s, fumble return TD, and kickreturn TD. I had a tough time throwing the ball but my running game was good as usual. I lowered USER runblocking to 35. They 8 sacks I had was crazy.. Might need to tweak that by either raising the CPUs pass block up 5 more or lowering my USER pass rush down 5. EA wasn't trying to hear it this year about the CPU Olineman dominating on Heisman or All-Madden with Pass Blocking..
Old 07-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Your basically maxing out the CPU on heisman and still crushing? Might be no hope for you man
Old 07-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

UNLV (CPU) vs Wisconsin (Me)

Passing:
Wilson: 9 of 19, 128 yards, TD/INT
Herring: 14 of 21, 221 yards, 2 TDs/3 INT

Rushing:
Ball: 16 carries, 150 yards, TD
White: 14 carries, 116 yards, 2 TD
Wilson: 5 carries, 44 yards, TD
Ewing: 1 carry, 3 yards
Zulegar: 1 carry, 1 yard

Cornett: 21 carries, 120 yards, TD
Herring: 8 carries, -26 yards
Purvis: 3 carries, 61 yards
Sullivan: 1 carry, 2 yards

Defense:
Wisconsin: 6 sacks, 3 INTs, 2 Defl, 1 FF
UNLV: 1 INT, 4 Defl, FF, FR

Wisconsin also returned the opening kick-off for a touchdown.

Final Score: Wisconsin 49 - UNLV 27

Only two complaints was their running back running like LaMichael James and the human pass coverage.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by bigbob; 07-15-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Miami(Me) 0-3-10-21= 34
USC(CPU) 3-9-8-0= 20

Miami-Passing
#12 15-22 157yds 2TDs 0INT 68%

USC-Passing
#7 9-16 228yds 1TD 0INTs 56%

Miami-Rushing
#6 32car 177yds 5.5avg 2TDs(32yd TD run)
#12 4car 11yards 2.7avg(had a 23 yard run the other 3 attempts were sacks)
#5 1car 3yds 3.0avg

USC-Rushing
#26 14Car 60yds 4.2avg
#7 6car -39yds(all sacks)

Miami-Receiving
#8 8rec 94yds 11.7avg 1TD
#6 2rec 6yds 3.0avg
#4 2rec 41yds 20.5avg
#3 2rec 14yds 7.0avg
#9 1rec 2yds 2.0avg 1TDs

USC-Receiving
#40 3rec 43yds 14.3avg 0TDs
#13 3rec 76yds 25.3avg 0TDs
#80 1rec 78yds 78.0avg 1TD
#19 1rec 26yds 26.0avg 0TDs
#26 1rec 5yds 5.0avg 0TDs

Miami-Defense
6sacks

USC-Defense
3sacks

Miami-Special Teams
2FGs

USC-Special Teams
4FGs

This was a tight one all the way through. I scored a late TD at the end to go up by 14. USC led most of the game until the 4th quarter. The USER run game still seems overpowering as you can see. I had close to 200 yards rushing and the sacks is ridiculous too. So I'll be dropping the the USER runblocking down to 30 and raising the CPUs pass block to 60.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
Your basically maxing out the CPU on heisman and still crushing? Might be no hope for you man
I'm getting close.. It really isn't as hard as it looks when you play the CPU with there sliders up like that as long as your making the right calls on defense and mixing up your playing calling a little bit on offense. Those garbage teams do not become powerhouse teams even with the sliders up like that. You will still blow them out if your a good player. I blew Florida International out by 49 points yesterday. The USER run game is overpowered on here. The elimination of suction tackling kind of made it too easy to run so I'm trying to find a sweet spot right there.. But I got blasted in one of my games by S.Carolina yesterday so it does happen and a lot of my games against good teams go down to the wire and I lost a few games while I was testing. I'm not blowing out all the teams..
Old 07-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Hey jarodd what's you take on the Threshold on Heisman?? Seems like it would be harder the higher you raise it but does it hurt the cpu?? just wondering why 0 and how you feel all this is affecting things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »