Home

Matt10's Heisman sliders (zero based)

This is a discussion on Matt10's Heisman sliders (zero based) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Matt10's Heisman sliders (V3 Out, CPU Run Game Improved)

I've been reading pretty much all the sliders here, and there are some really good ones. I thought I'd post mine up bc I've been having good success - and a very organic feel to plays.

I know stats matter, but that can be misleading at times. The goal here is to make the gameplay feel smooth - not twitchy..
9/11/11

**Updated as of 9/19/11** post patch (most reecnt)
Edited original post to 8 minute quarters. Had incorrectly as 10. Apologies.

Matt10's Heisman Sliders - Post Patch Update #2 as of 9/20/11

Final Post patch. Only two changes, bolded.

HUM/CPUHEISMAN
8 minsthresh 0very slow
QBA0/0
PBL45/45
WRC45/35
RBAx60/85
RBLx50/50
PCV100/100
PRSHx80/80
INT(30/5)30/30
RDEF20/30
TACK(10/10)30/10
FGPW80/100
FGA40/35
PUPW55/55
PUAC35/45
KOPW50/50

I'm quite content with these. Getting a huge variety of games. I've been destroyed by top teams, and also have upset with mid prestige teams. Quarterbacks are playing true to their ratings - and the stats show.

I hated to go so high in some of the values, but this year's game can't work with the super low values as I had in version 1. The CPU RB is now a threat again, and thus the CPU plays a well balanced - strategic game.

The main difference here is that there is not much time in the pocket for both QBs. This is a good representation of what college football is all about. Puts a strong emphasis on gameplanning your o-line, not to mention recruiting.

I think this will be the set for a while. Tweak as neccesary. I've been itching to get my dynasty going after a couple weeks of testing. As always would love feedback, but tweak what you want, just give it the 5 game minimum to evaluate truthfully.

Cool animation where the DB and WR battle in the air, at the end of the DB jarrs the ball loose and at the same time pushes the WR hard into the ground (WR was injured as a result)

Okay Guys - after much research the majority of the night. I have figured out a way for the psychic DBs to be minimized. Yes, there will not be sure interceptions - nor will there be anymore undercut routes by the secondary either. At least not often.

I will still have the first set of sliders up on the front page. Honestly, after testing, these modifications will really make the game play completely different. I'm not going to lie, you will see the DBs break on the ball, but the key is their awareness will not be so in tune with the play - so their reaction will be slightly late. What's great though is that the exceptional DBs will make a play on the ball - which equals more balls batted down.

Also, the animations that I have seen (and viewers on jtv with me) saw as well. Some very cool stuff. We eve saw the WR dive for the ball (my WR, but CPU controlled and made a catch).

Note: I have my FG levels set to 80/100 - personal preference. The reason for the FG power is because the CPU is going to attempt them anyways - but now with the combination of the power and the accuracy, it doesn't feel like an intentional punt. Also, my personal preference on both sides is that the ball flight on field goals look highly realistic now. As a former kicker, when a ball is kicked that ball will soar high into the air - not a medium height like all of them look like. These are college boys - I've looked at their vids on youtube, height on everyone - they shouldn't be kicking with pee wee football height.

I recorded this quick of an underthrow by the CPU - thought it looked very realistic considering he was running and trying to throw.

Also, wanted to post 3 videos showing the psychic DB/LBs are lowered down with these sliders. This of course is not a fact - but just from personal testing.

Hope you enjoy! Please remember to give it at least 5 games before making any changes. Teams may be great, but everyone can be beaten. Thanks!

Last edited by Matt10; 09-20-2011 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Updated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Matt10's Heisman sliders (zero based, slow)

Beautiful under throw!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

hmm, a different take on the kicking power etc. im gonna have to try this out. i know its always bothered me that the height on these kicks etc were always low, i dont understand how they never fixed it over the years. even in Madden they are a bit low for my liking.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 07-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Duke (CPU) @ Miami FL (User)
Final : 25-19 OT

Man - I hate myself for losing this one. Was up 17-3 until the 3rd quarter. Made some pretty bad throws - and lost momentum.

Early on Duke had the same things happen, built momentum - fantastic plays for big yardage, and then bonehead turnovers in the red zone.

Really enjoyed the feel.

Here are the stats:

Duke 25, Miami 19 (OT)

Duke Passing : Renfree, 20/41, 309 yds, TD, 2 INT (16 rush, 57 yds, TD)
Duke Rushing: Scott, 22 rush, 79 yds, TD (22 long, 6 btk)
Duke Receiving: Varner, 5 rece 87 yds, 2 drops
*the WR screen to this guy was money, I couldn't stop it.
-------------------
Miami Passing: Harris, 13/30 TD, 2 INT
Miami Rushing: Miller, 36 rush, 119 yds, TD (10 long, 3 btk)
Miami Receiving: Johnson, 5 rec, 121 yds, TD, 3 drops
Old 07-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm going to try these out tonight and see how they go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

I'm streaming my games too. Bout to play one in a sec here.

http://www.justin.tv/matt10l
Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Matt10's Heisman sliders (zero based)

Going straight to heisman to try these out.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Re: Matt10's Heisman sliders (zero based)

Good to cya Mud!

Minnesota (user) @ Syracuse (cpu)
Final: Minnesota 21, Syracuse 40

Notes: Game played solid, I just got into a hole way too early - and proceeded to throw too many picks to be productive. Gray is a good QB, and I made him look pretty inaccurate. Some impulsive bonehead throws.

I was quite happy with the variety of play - the running game for both sides was hard earned. Pretty content with a little juke action on a punt return too.

Overall, I'm content - and look fwd to more games. I will be streaming each one, good thing about justin.tv is that all streams are archived - so if anyone wants to watch live but missed it, archive is great.

Minnesota 21, Syracuse 40

Minn Passing : Gray, 18/37, 224 yds, 3 TD, 5 INT
Minn Rushing: Bennett, 18 rush, 65 yds (9 long, 5 btk)
Minn Receiving: Keise, 6 rec, 74 yds, 2 TD, 1 drop
-------------------
Syracuse Passing: Nassib, 17/35, 341 yds, 2 TD, INT
Syracuse Rushing: Bailey, 27 rush 108 yds, TD (11 long, 4 btk)
Syracuse Receiving: Chew, 6 rec, 212 yds, TD (90 long, 1 drop)
*POG, one screen pass torched me for 80 yards and a TD

Last edited by Matt10; 07-14-2011 at 07:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »