Home

Free Agent Bidding With Multiple User Controlled Teams in Franchise

This is a discussion on Free Agent Bidding With Multiple User Controlled Teams in Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Free Agent Bidding With Multiple User Controlled Teams in Franchise

My friends and I always do a franchise together, where we each control our own team, all in same division. So if we chose the AFC East, one of us would be the Dolphins, one the Patriots, one the Bills, and one the Jets.

I'm worried about how this new free agent bidding system will effect our league. Does anyone have any idea how it might work for a league with 4 user controlled teams? How would we be able to all bid at the same time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Free Agent Bidding With Multiple User Controlled Teams in Franchise

I believe when you control more than one team in an offline franchise you have the option to "toggle" which team you want to use when signing/bidding on a FA. Usually you can just hold on the L2 button or something then go through the teams that are user controlled.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I knew you could do that in the past, but I'm worried that it won't work out very well if the timers for several players start going. It looks like the timers can be as short as one minute. It's going to be next to impossible to keep swapping user controlled teams and not miss out on some free agents. Either give us longer times for free agents or give us the option to turn off the timer?
Old 07-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

while you are holding the button to switch users the timer stops.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

You may have to resort to saving the franchise before free agency begins, make a list of available free agents, then do your bidding between the four of you on paper, outside of the game.

Then reload the franchise and make the proper adjustments then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 13

I think it would be nice if there was an option to turn off the timer for those of us who don't want to make free agency into a timed event.
It's pretty unrealistic actually, since in real life teams have plenty of time to consider their offers to players and to negotiate.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

I absolutely hate the idea of this new feature, mostly because it gets in the way with me running a 32 team franchise. I've been asking this question for months. The EA guys wouldn't respond to me, which makes me think they don't have an answer for it. It looks like we might have to do the free agent signings like they did in real life this year, after the draft...
Old 07-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I absolutely hate the idea of this new feature, mostly because it gets in the way with me running a 32 team franchise. I've been asking this question for months. The EA guys wouldn't respond to me, which makes me think they don't have an answer for it. It looks like we might have to do the free agent signings like they did in real life this year, after the draft...
I think you're right about hating this feature... I wouldn't be surprised to see it be the most common complaint on these forums regarding offseason in Franchise Mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »