Home

N51_Rob's Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on N51_Rob's Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
N51_Rob's Heisman Sliders

These are my "Final" set up. Obviously they are just a base and individual user preferences may vary. I encourage everyone to do that. Take these and make them yours. It makes the game so much more fun, when you play great games vs the CPU, even in blow-outs. Here is the only real house rule. I avoid plays that have "Verticals" in the name.(Three receivers running flys and one running deep across the middle. or plays like it.) The other, is the FG block Touch-back.

I didn't really feel like there was a lot wrong with Heisman from the default setting. So, these aren't earth shattering by any means and I plan to play the same 4 games I played before and continue to report what happens. Don't plan to make major tweaks till I finish that 4 game set. Allows me a better sample size, that tweaking after every game. I play as the FS on defense.*

So with that said, here is what I have come up with

Heisman 7 (or 8 user preference) minutes quarters
HFA: On
Ice the Kicker:On
Speed Threshold: 35
Game Speed: Normal (Slow also works, but I've found "Normal" gives game a smoother feel)Updated 7/20/11

Penalties:Updated 7/22/11
All maxed out except
Facemask: 57
Holding: 52
Clipping: 54
Roughing the Passer: 53
Roughing the kickier: 100

Some may feel that roughing the passer is too high and that is fine. I feel like this represents the current ticky-tac nature of football. Where if you sneeze on the QB you get a flag.

Sliders:Updated 7/17/11

Here is what I have come up with. Thanks and Enjoy!."

Human/CPU
QBA 40/40
PBK 50/45
WRC 50/50
RBA 50/60
RBK 50/55
PCV 40/40
PRH 50/40
INT 40/40
RSD 35/50 (This setting may lead to pro style rushing attacks being a little better, but is needed vs spread rushing teams.)
TKL 40/45
FGP 40/40 made this change to attempt to resolve some kicking issues.
FGA 30/30
PUP 35/35
PUA 30/30
KOP 50/50

For those that are finding the sliders above a little to unrealistic with the CPU running. JoeC and Clonefan84 have made some tweaks to the sliders and are getting some good game with them. I have posted them here, as a perfect example of taking this base set I provided and making them yours, which is the real idea behind sliders create them to enure that you have the type of game you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonefan84
Rob, you had mentioned in our dynasty to post what JoeC and I came up with for sliders and here they are:

Difficulty: Heisman
QTR Length: 8 min
Game Speed: Normal
Threshold: 43

Penalties:
All 100 except:
Holding: 52
Facemask 57
Clipping: 54
Roughing the Passer: 53

User:
QB Accuracy: 40
Pass Blocking: 55
WR Catching: 50
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 50
Pass Coverage: 50
Pass Rush: 55
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 40
Tackling: 40
FG Power: 40
FG Accuracy: 30
Punt Power: 40
Punt Accuracy: 30
Kickoff Power: 50

CPU:
QB Accuracy: 40
Pass BLocking: 45
WR Catching: 50
RB Ability: 60
Run Blocking: 45
Pass Coverage: 40
Pass Rush: 40
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 50
Tackling: 45
FG Power: 40
FG Accuracy: 35
Punt Power: 40
Punt Accuracy: 55
Kickoff Power: 50

JoeC and I both started a K-State Dynasty with these and loved the feel equally. These are also being used in my BCS Express dynasty as well as OS Elite's, and so far I've seen some really good and realistic scores, though they are not too far into the dynasty yet.

Overall Stats:
Spoiler

One thing that stood out is the high number of CPU penalties. It was high, and it helped me keep drives alive, but with minor tweaks it can be controlled. That said the only penalties that were called were, facemasks, holding, clipping, 1 roughing the passer and off-sides. Still no PI either way.

One of the area's that I wanted to improve was CPU rushing out of the spread. I think I accomplished that so far. Looking a the overall stats I would appear that OU didn't do much running the ball. But looking at the RB's individual stats. You will see he had a pretty good game.
OU RB Individual Stats:
Spoiler

My rushing wasn't great, but I was also going against the #1 ranked team so it shouldn't have been easy. I am happy with it.
User Rushing:
Spoiler

Another area I took issue with was the CPU pass defense. This game it felt better. The CPU still made plays and my QB still missed some throws, so did the CPU QB. This area may need minor tuning, but it felt better than any of the 4 previous games I played on default heisman.

Passing stats:
Spoiler

The other thing that I tried to address was the inability to get pressure with my front four. In this game against OU nothing really changed, nor did I really expect it to. I was able to get to the QB, when I sent pressure, but no real problem here. When I play lesser Olines will be a better barometer of the sliders.

About the game:
OU won what went down as the #2 game on my system. It was a back and fourth affair. I never held the lead and had to battle the whole way at home against the number 1 team in the land. I had a chance to win the game late with a 21 yard FG with only 54 seconds remaining. My kicking sliders bit me in the *** and I pulled the kick and ended up losing 19-17. Late in the 4th I was down 10-19 when EJ Manuel, (who had two fumbles on scrambles, because I refused to slide) took of and scored the TD to get it close from. It was a very good game IMO. With a believable outcome. OU was the better team, but I had home field advantage. OU's kicker missed two kicks one at the end of the half and another from 51 yards out. I missed two FG's as well, the 21 yarder and a 51 yarder of my own.

So, feel free to give these a try. I am by no means a slider guru or even amateur, but I am fooling with these because NCAA 12 is playing very well out of the box, and doesn't need major, sweeping, whole sale changes, so these could work. Everyone is different so you may need to tweak them a bit to suit you.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 07-27-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: N51_Rob's Heisman Sliders

Looking forward to more posts, def doesn't needs much tweaking.. Finding i need more challenge thsn default heisman
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Played game 2. FSU @ Wake Forest. I won 34-27 in what was a closer game than I thought it should've been. I'm starting to get the impression that HFA really matters and no matter who you play on Heisman games are gonna be close. Not a bad thing, but not sure if it should always be the case.

Stats:

Again, one thing that jumps out is the high number of CPU penalties. I don't know how I feel about this. It looks better than having zero penalties, but I'm not sure what I think yet. 3rd down conversions. This is a telling stat. So are my user passing numbers (8-28 170 yards 0 TD 1 int) I had one really big pass play otherwise passing was ineffective this game. I attribute a lot of that to two things. The first being "super LB", they got to about 4 balls that they had no business making plays on. The second was EJ Manuel's confidence late in the game. He fumbled the ball going in for a score and it was a scoop and score for the CPU which lead to his next few passes being way off the mark as his confidence dipped. Don't let CPU rushing stats fool you. I will go into that next.

Wake individual rushing:

As you can see the numbers look better here. This is what I was going for so far. Improve the cpu rushing out of the spread. But it's good news/bad news I think. Josh Harris had 84 yards on 11 carries. Looks good at first glance. Further analysis shows that 61 game on one rush. So outside of that he averaged 2.3 yards per carry. Which isn't as big a deal. I don't think. Wake wasn't running the ball.

So I've now played two spread teams, one high ranked and one lower ranked. The individual numbers look pretty good. My next two games will be against more traditional rushing offenses which I felt on default were pretty good as is, so we shall see.

User Rushing:

I'm happy right now with this. I looks and feels pretty good. So I don't really know if this needs any adjustments right now.

Finally here is the scoring break down, by quarter. Not much to see, but it took 17 points in the 4th quarter to pull of the W.

My last two games of this test are Wisconsin and Virginia, both on the road.

Twitch

Year 1:
Old 07-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I plan on tryiung these out.

With the rush settings where they are at, do PRO style teams demolish you on the ground?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Ill try these out, I run with Miami of Ohio. Ill use yours against Ohio. I was skeptical of the whole "every game is close" so I played Ohio St vs Ohio and I won 59-15, ive had other blowouts too and close games as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I plan on tryiung these out.

With the rush settings where they are at, do PRO style teams demolish you on the ground?
I don't have a game yet against them. I'm in the middle od a game against. UVA, my last sample game will be against Wisconsin.

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Year 1:
Old 07-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Ill try these out, I run with Miami of Ohio. Ill use yours against Ohio. I was skeptical of the whole "every game is close" so I played Ohio St vs Ohio and I won 59-15, ive had other blowouts too and close games as well.
Yeah, Im beating UVA 45-14 right now so I may have to back off that statement.

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Year 1:
Old 07-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Way too many penalties, way, way, way too many. Lost 21-10, felt good minus the penalties, cpu had 13/149 yds. Couldnt run well, but I abandoned it. Cpu QB had 16 carries for 41 yds. That was promising, their rb had 24/101 yds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »