Home

Streaming via external hard drive (Alt for Mac)

This is a discussion on Streaming via external hard drive (Alt for Mac) within the NCAA Football Stadium Sounds forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Stadium Sounds
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Question Streaming via external hard drive (Alt for Mac)

I never saw this discussion followed up on. Is it possible to stream an mp3 playlist from an external hard drive via the USB port as long as you have the playlist files on the drive as well? I'm so over dealing with that 360 interface to name playlists etc. And now we're docked 100 slots of events on top of it. I'm looking for a way to stream on a Mac. Doesn't have to be wireless because I have my mp3 files on an external drive that very mobile.

The only alternative I've seen is Connect360 and Rivet for about $20. I have no reference for either software so I'm wary of how well it works for this specific task and how legit the companies are who sell it. Any feedback? The Rivet program seems highly recommended for at least getting music on your console, but I want to make sure I can stream whole playlists right off my G Drive.

Last edited by Rivals; 07-14-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Streaming via external hard drive (Alt for Mac)

Don't all answer at once. Man, no one here uses a Mac for Stadium Sounds?
Old 07-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

you absolutely can stream with an external hard drive. Although, I am not familiar with Macs nor know how to stream to an XBox from them.

Can you at least stream to your 360?
Old 07-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have connect 360 and stream music from Mac to 360. I have not tried to do Stadium Sounds yet. Maybe someone will be able to answer your question before I have a chance to test it, but if they do not I will let you know if it works. Maybe late tonight or tomorrow before I have a chance to try it.

The Connect 360 software is from a legit company, I think they even sell it in the Mac appstore now.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
Pro

I've only been able to play mp3 off of external devices. Without burning that music to the XBOX HDD, it won't show up in the game. Or at least I haven't been able to get it to stream right to Stadium Sounds.

Thus, I'm thinking of going the way of Rivet, which is like Windows Media Center for Mac. In theory, it is suppose to stream the m3u playlist files right from my computer to my console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmanbp
I have connect 360 and stream music from Mac to 360. I have not tried to do Stadium Sounds yet. Maybe someone will be able to answer your question before I have a chance to test it, but if they do not I will let you know if it works. Maybe late tonight or tomorrow before I have a chance to try it.

The Connect 360 software is from a legit company, I think they even sell it in the Mac appstore now.
You're going to have to create a playlist file for each song/event you have on your computer. Otherwise, the mp3 file will be playable on your XBOX, but not in the actual game. It should work as long as the m3u files are set up right. That's another bridge yet to cross.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I use Rivet and much prefer it to Connect360, but I'm sure it is good too. Rivet is very nice and easy to set up, you just tell it which folders to share and that's it. Occasionally my Xbox (or PS3) won't connect to it so I have to Quit Rivet on my MBP and then re-open it and it works fine.

Not sure how it would work with regards to stadium sounds, just wanted to provide feedback for Rivet.

"Let them have their fun over there tonight. After we finish what we came here to do, this town will belong to us for the next three days."
-- Texas Coach Blair Cherry to the Longhorns in New Orleans on New Years Eve 1947. The next day, Texas beat the Tide 27-7.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
Pro

Appreciated. I think I'm gonna free trial and see if I can use it for streaming Stadium Sounds. I'll let you guys know how it works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Stadium Sounds »